Post-Game Talk: GAME 26 - For the first time in 122 MONTHS the Bruins have lost to the Coyotes

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Very much a mish-mash of reasons for that loss. Some deserved, some not.

- Missed trip in final seconds.
- Whether it should have been icing or not, play to the whistle. Every pro should know that.
- Two clear breakaways by skilled players, no goals
- Not sharp to start, scored against in the first 23 seconds
- Their goalie played great

Move on

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
The majority wanted Swayman in net last year me included. I could not stand Linus and his rebound control. This year different goalie playing unbelievable. I think we should just let Swayman work it out and stop jumping to conclusions. He’s a good goalie got hurt and is in a slump. Someone said they wanted Vlader back I’ll pass on that.
Well I have watched Vladar and he looks pretty good. His average is 2.59 and save % of 912. Swayman is at 2.80 and .887.

You can pass if you want but the stats do not lie.

Reactions: Gordoff

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
There's lots of film out now of the Bruins' new system of play and opposing teams are taking advantage of it. Lazy plays, "slow" starts and poor passing will cause turnovers and goals against. Hopefully this game will teach them that waiting for the last ten minutes of the game won't always work to their advantage. I'm not asking for 60 minutes of all out play every game, but they have to bear down and give a crap about their execution for at least several stretches during each period. Those two breakaways? Lazy shots into the goalie's chest when the goalie is having a stellar night? The inability to bring the puck into the zone on a PP and keep it there long enough to get a shot?

They've gotten used to winning fairly easily, and I hope they're not listening to the media touting the "best team in the league" garbage. Yeah, they are for the moment. I know we have games in hand, but we're at 43, as is NJ, Vegas with 41 and Toronto with 40. Our home record is superior but all of those teams have better away records.

I hope we have better luck at the dot this time against Vegas. Bruce knows all our guys' tendencies.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Is Swayman the whipping boy of the season? We've been so good this year that we never had one.

Sway will be fine, folks.
Apparently all it takes is a couple games where the opposing goalie has 'one of those nights' where he stops almost everything and/or everything is shot or deflected into him and they lose by a goal and then put the blame on the Bruins goalie.
Should have known better.

Reactions: Mione134 and CDJ

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Kinkaid is not a veteran, dude.... he has experience but wasn't developed here, hence your oddball post...... what advantage does it send to anyone in the organization...... right now, Kinkaid is playing, but he hasn't been, so what's the advantage of a rehab assignment
Almost 170 NHL games he is a veteran
He wasn’t developed here but what difference does that make
I think Swayman should stay with the big club

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Haha kinkaid isn't a veteran in the NHL?

I would obviously keep Swayman up with the big club, it's just head scratching calling a goalie that's played 5000+ minutes in the NHL not a veteran.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Apparently all it takes is a couple games where the opposing goalie has 'one of those nights' where he stops almost everything and/or everything is shot or deflected into him and they lose by a goal and then put the blame on the Bruins goalie.
Should have known better.
.887 save% does it for me.

Reactions: TD Charlie

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
With almost 50 shots on goal, one would expect that some of those shots would be redirected. Maybe I missed something, but I didn't even see one deflected shot towards the net.
Arizona, otoh, had 16 shots on goal and one was deflected and went in the net.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Very much a mish-mash of reasons for that loss. Some deserved, some not.

- Missed trip in final seconds.
- Whether it should have been icing or not, play to the whistle. Every pro should know that.
- Two clear breakaways by skilled players, no goals
- Not sharp to start, scored against in the first 23 seconds
- Their goalie played great

Move on
Forbert was playing he screwed up

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Agreed.

Brickley and Jack seemed to think it was icing if the puck went through the crease.

the rule was changed I read somewhere here or main board. So yep even if through crease its icing.

but….. the reason for the waive off was, as told b Bruins, the Linesman determined that Forbort could have reached it first.

The issue there was the very last second. Fraction of a second.

I personally dont have an issue with Swayman on the decision. By very indication it was icing. By not touching it the puck would go back to AZ end with 15 ticks on the clock.

But on to Vegas.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
the rule was changed I read somewhere here or main board. So yep even if through crease its icing.

but….. the reason for the waive off was, as told b Bruins, the Linesman determined that Forbort could have reached it first.

I personally dont have an issue with Swayman on the decision. By very indication it was icing. By not touching it the puck would go back to AZ end with 15 ticks on the clock.

But on to Vegas.
The replay shows the ref not even looking at Forbort

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

But on to Vegas.

Did the linesman think Forbort could have reached it because he thought Forbort was someone else?

• Haha
Reactions: KWbruin

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia