GDT: Game 26 | Flames @ Jackets | 12/9 7PM | Here’s Johnny

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I didn't think that was covering the puck with his glove - from what I could tell Nyquist shoved the puck under Elvis's pad. But I'm not sure of the nuances of the rule; it might be a distinction without a difference.

I think they usually call it a penalty in that situation. Anytime the puck is pressed in from the side or obscured in anyway by a glove.

But Elvis was splayed out after getting speared in the "sensitive area" so I can see why the officials didn't want to penalize us there.

He’d better be getting loose. I feel like Elvis is trying to push through something. He was laboring quite a bit on that review delay.

He got hit in the junk. It's just pain not something that can worsen like a groin tear.

I'm so high on Kenny. His niftyness is off the charts

I'm going to start calling him Kenny too. So funny.

Reactions: Viqsi

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
I'm here thinking that Laine's game-form interviews are much faster and more energetic than his normal interviews. Kid's picked up English super well too, can hardly hear any issues (he was always good though). Good game from him, maybe cooled off a bit towards the end but still good game overall.

Overall a great victory and a little bit of a faith restored for the fanbase. (The crash has been avoided, now let's straighten the tank again... :laugh:)

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Niektorí tu nemajú radi jeho hru, ale imo; je sakramentsky dobrý a bojovník

Poznáš moje pocity......
I have to admit that once so many defensemen got hurt, he improved his play even on the offensive end. Just improved the play at the boards.
My best players:
1. Gavrikov
2. Laine
3-4. Merzlikins, Robinson

Reactions: ViD and MoeBartoli

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
I think they usually call it a penalty in that situation. Anytime the puck is pressed in from the side or obscured in anyway by a glove.

But Elvis was splayed out after getting speared in the "sensitive area" so I can see why the officials didn't want to penalize us there.

He got hit in the junk. It's just pain not something that can worsen like a groin tear.

I'm going to start calling him Kenny too. So funny.
Kenny it is :D

Reactions: majormajor

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
I don't know if people noticed the kick save he made with about a minute left. It looked like the puck was going in.
If this wasn't the one where Elvis made a nice pad save (or skate save whatever, very close) and there was a Calgary player nearby just waiting for that rebound and then somehow the puck got out, then I missed it. Would love to see a replay.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
I have to admit that once so many defensemen got hurt, Gavrikov improved his play even on the offensive end. Just improved the play at the boards. So, keep him.

My best players:
1. Gavrikov
2. Laine
3-4. Merzlikins, Robinson
If we lose Gavvy, we lose the whole backbone of this group. Imagine this D without him. He's the one who should get overpaid if anyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad