C-137

Laine + Chinakhov.... Na endlich :thumbu:

Meh.

I wanna see

Gaudreau - Jenner - Chinakov
Laine - Johnson - Marchenko
Nyquist - Sillinger - Roslovic
Olivier - Kuraly - Robinson

Kept Johnson off Gaudreaus line since they are both the playermakers on their lines and gave both two goal scorers on their line to try to feed. Gets Laine off Gaudreaus wing so they both can draw attention from opposing teams.

Do you put your best defensive guys out against Laine or Gaudreau? Either way one of them should get easier matchups.

There's no point in doing the D for obvious reasons. I will say, I'm starting to think Tarasov will be the guy moving forward after this season.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Embarrassing comments from Flames fans

Dear Zadorov,

You know those big open ice hits you like to layout at the blue line? I’ve got a target in mind for you….

Go Flames Go!!

And

I'm going to be at this game.
If you hear overwhelming boos for Gaudreau, that'll be why.

Frankly, this kind of action in a home barn warrants beer spilled at you

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Skvelé, to znamená len 10 minút ľadového času pre Laineho.
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Larsen is capable of anything. Look at how Laine has shortened his time since the second period of the last game. I wouldn't be surprised if he's reassigned to the second PP Unit.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Great, that just means 10 minutes of ice time for Laine.

Larsen is capable of anything. Look at how Laine has shortened his time since the second period of the last game. I wouldn't be surprised if he's reassigned to the second PP Unit. But in this case I like this line.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

Larsen is capable of anything. Look at how Laine has shortened his time since the second period of the last game. I wouldn't be surprised if he's reassigned to the second PP Unit. But in this case I like this line.
These lines also mean that KJ is now on the third line with I'm assuming Sillinger and Marchenko. 👎👎👎

Reactions: majormajor

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
These lines also mean that KJ is now on the third line with I'm assuming Sillinger and Marchenko. 👎👎👎
I think:
Nyquist -- Jenner -- Gaudreau
Chinakhov -- Roslovic -- Laine
Johnson -- Sillinger -- Marchenko
Robinson -- ??? -- ???

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I think:
Nyquist -- Jenner -- Gaudreau
Chinakhov -- Roslovic -- Laine
Johnson -- Sillinger -- Marchenko
Robinson -- ??? -- ???
What has Roslovic done to have earned that 2nd line spot? Because it sure as hell hasn't been his play on the ice. This goes back to holding players accountable and earning ice time. Same goes for Sillinger, you want more responsibility, earn it. Johnson has seemingly done everything right and is given little teases of being rewarded. And then is being buried behind a scrub like Ros.

If just swapped Ros and KJ I'd be a little more content

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
What has Roslovic done to have earned that 2nd line spot? Because it sure as hell hasn't been his play on the ice. This goes back to holding players accountable and earning ice time. Same goes for Sillinger, you want more responsibility, earn it. Johnson has seemingly done everything right and is given little teases of being rewarded. And then is being buried behind a scrub like Ros.

If just swapped Ros and KJ I'd be a little more content
I agree but you see yourself. Besides Lars wants to Johnson still plays winger.

Reactions: CBJx614

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Re-anchoring Johnson with Sillinger is not going to help him. Sillinger isn't going to help anyone this year with his current skillset.

If you're trying to win you need to send Sillinger down to the AHL.

If you're trying to help Sillinger's development then you need to send him down to the AHL where they have time for skating training.

There's no rationale for keeping Sillinger in the NHL other than trying to lose and being willing to ruin a prospect to make that happen. I don't think our management is that conniving, I think they're just deluded about what they expect from these players.

I looked it up and we have until Sillinger plays [edit: 160] NHL games (which he's slated to hit at the end of the NHL year) when he loses waiver exemption and can no longer be sent to the AHL. So he really needs to be sent down before then, and I'd argue the best time would be right now.

Last edited:

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Re-anchoring Johnson with Sillinger is not going to help him. Sillinger isn't going to help anyone this year with his current skillset.

If you're trying to win you need to send Sillinger down to the AHL.

If you're trying to help Sillinger's development then you need to send him down to the AHL where they have time for skating training.

There's no rationale for keeping Sillinger in the NHL other than trying to lose and being willing to ruin a prospect to make that happen. I don't think our management is that conniving, I think they're just deluded about what they expect from these players.

I looked it up and we have until Sillinger plays 180 NHL games (which he's slated to hit at the end of the NHL year) when he loses waiver exemption and can no longer be sent to the AHL. So he really needs to be sent down before then, and I'd argue the best time would be right now.
Amen. I've reached a stage in my frustration that I've kind of begun to deliberately ignore the fact he's still on the team. It isn't as depressing for me if while watching a game I just keep my eyes on players who have done more to deserve their stay here, like KJ or Chinakhov.

Reactions: majormajor

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
1-0 Laine from a breakaway, nice goal and effort from the whole squad there. Roslovic with the pass, so he's sometimes good for something.

But now Olivier to the box so probably not a time to get our hopes up too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad