GDT: Game 26: Columbus at Tampa Bay | 12/6 7PM EST

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
wtf Gibbons that sucked. Why didn't he use his speed and go in like he did against us in the playoffs

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
wtf Gibbons that sucked. Why didn't he use his speed and go in like he did against us in the playoffs

He's lost his confidence like many others on the team. Being sent to the minors on a more inferior team than he was playing in the pros for last year (pit) will do that to a man's psyche.

Dude is lighting it up in the playoffs for Pittsburgh and come to an injury ridden columbus and is sent to the minors.

thebus2288*

Savard is the man. so impressed wit him this year

I probably say this every game. But I've liked Savard for a long time. Always thought he'd develop into a good d-man, but now he's becoming one of my favorites.

He's been very good this year and the 2 years before. You can tell he's worked on his fitness level the last 2 years or so. When healthy, him and Murray are our best 2 d men as of now imo. He's also improved his defensive game quite a bit since when he 1st came in the league. He may not hit 50 but if given regular pp time 40 pts is not out of the question at all.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Heck of a good period for the Jackets... Bob is focused.. Tampa is getting beat all over the ice, I suspect the Bolts will respond as did Florida the last game...

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
is jenner at center forever now you think?

Not when everyone is healthy.

Savard isn't the man; I like his shot but beyond that... Average or a bit below. I really don't like him on the PK. Not a good effort by Bishop on that first goal. I'll take it.

Now Jenner.. He's the man.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
He's been very good this year and the 2 years before. You can tell he's worked on his fitness level the last 2 years or so. When healthy, him and Murray are our best 2 d men as of now imo. He's also improved his defensive game quite a bit since when he 1st came in the league. He may not hit 50 but if given regular pp time 40 pts is not out of the question at all.
Ehh I don't think 40. He doesn't have the shot enough for 40. But I think he'll be a 30 point defenseman for years to come.

He didn't have speed demon james wisniewski chasing him down after the turnover at the blueline?

What? Wiz had a good period aside from a wtf are you doing pass in the middle of the ice in our own zone when Tampa was all over us.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Gotta say, I can't stand the way Rimer broadcasts but some of these guests he gets are cool.

thebus2288*

Savard isn't the man; I like his shot but beyond that... Average or a bit below. I really don't like him on the PK. Not a good effort by Bishop on that first goal. I'll take it.

That's just wrong. His skating, passing, shooting, decision making AND defensive play is just as good as any other defenseman on the team.

Lightningbolt

Oct 24, 2014
Guys these would be my lines when we get fully healthy.
Hartnell-Johansen-Foligno
dubinsky-Jenner-Atkinson
rychel-anisimov-letestu
calvert-gibbons-skille

Johnson-tyutin
murray-Savard
leapold-Wisniewski

What do you think?

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
is jenner at center forever now you think?
Not when everyone comes back, like what blahblah said. He's not better at C over Dubi or Arty and theres no reason to put him on the 4th line. Maybe next year if we ship out Arty.

Now Jenner.. He's the man.

I don't get your Savard distaste. He's become a solid defenseman. A top 4 guy now and he's got room to grow. He's cleaned up his skating, he arguably is the best passer on our blue line, and he doesn't have those costly gaffe's that JJ or Wiz do. Sure he's not perfect, but he's the MVP on our defense this year IMO.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Gotta say, I can't stand the way Rimer broadcasts but some of these guests he gets are cool.

For sure. Orr then Bowman. Would love to have lunch with some of these icons and listen to their stories.

thebus2288*

Ehh I don't think 40. He doesn't have the shot enough for 40. But I think he'll be a 30 point defenseman for years to come.

He has the best wrist shot on our defense. His slap shot might not have the same velocity as a Wiz or Johnson but like Murray it is VERY accurate. His puck movement/passing in the offensive zone is just as good if not better than anybody else also.

What? Wiz had a good period aside from a wtf are you doing pass in the middle of the ice in our own zone when Tampa was all over us.

I was answering why he wasn't coming in with speed like the playoffs...

This. I liked Boone "picking... Bishops.... pocket" on the 1st goal haha

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
That's just wrong. His skating, passing, shooting, decision making AND defensive play is just as good as any other defenseman on the team.

Glad you think so. However it's not. Savard has an innumerable brain cramps this season. "Oh look, another forward behind Savard on a breakaway... What a shocker...". Pretty standard utterance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad