Post-Game Talk: GAME 25 - THE BEAR is howling in the Rockies - BRUINS 4 Colorado 0

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
watching from the 5th row, takeaways from me tonight were:
Carlo was terrific. Calm & steady all night. So smooth for his size.
the 3rd line had a total mismatch tonight with all the AHL guys in the Avs lineup and obviously they feasted on it.
Marchand is such a pain in the ass and his motor never stops. he's like one of those crazy project sports cars where someone drops a V8 in a miata or something.

also, Callahan Burke is apparently a Boston kid who was making his NHL debut for the Avs tonight. Seemed like a good kid in his interview between periods. He had family in attendance. Saw him lose a battle to Bergy right in front of me and I can't even imagine how surreal that must be for that kid.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1670480985531.png

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Solid win top to bottom. Hall line was totally dominant. Ullmark was sharp when he had to be (which wasn't often).
Only down moment of the night was that bad and somewhat embarrassing Nosek fight.

Reactions: bbfan419

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Another W!!

after a pretty lackluster first period the Bs just worn down Colorado

Hall was again the best player for the Bs.....determined dog with a bone tenacity plus speed and skill on the shortie. I had always wanted him here- and he is so much more than I hoped we would be getting.

Concur that Carlo had a good game, on D, as did Forbort. But what became more and more evident is the Bs depth up front ....especially the " third" line ...was the difference. And what I loved was up 4-0 they wanted the fifth goal...no coasting for this team.

And almost lost in the above... Linus posted a shut-out- again he was there to close the door when needed- and the Ball Arena got to experience the goalie hug.

lots of black and gold in the building and we left happy.

mrjiggyfly

Jun 1, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
watching from the 5th row, takeaways from me tonight were:
Carlo was terrific. Calm & steady all night. So smooth for his size.
the 3rd line had a total mismatch tonight with all the AHL guys in the Avs lineup and obviously they feasted on it.
Marchand is such a pain in the ass and his motor never stops. he's like one of those crazy project sports cars where someone drops a V8 in a miata or something.

also, Callahan Burke is apparently a Boston kid who was making his NHL debut for the Avs tonight. Seemed like a good kid in his interview between periods. He had family in attendance. Saw him lose a battle to Bergy right in front of me and I can't even imagine how surreal that must be for that kid.
I listened to the Avs broadcast. And Marc Moser, their play by play guy, basically said the same thing. That it's almost an honor for him to have his pocket picket by Patrice Bergeron. Funny

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I am so happy to wake up to a Bruins win and shutout for Linus! I was watching the 1st period and it was so boring, I actually fell asleep before it ended.....a first for me!

I don't care about how injured the Avs are, the Bruins have had their fair share of injuries over the years and it is a part of the game so suck it up like the B's have in the past. Keep on rolling Bruins, this is so much fun.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I listened to the Avs broadcast. And Marc Moser, their play by play guy, basically said the same thing. That it's almost an honor for him to have his pocket picket by Patrice Bergeron. Funny

Moser is a good caller. Passionate about his team, but not overly biased and he does his homework about opponents. He's a fun listen when the Avs are up and about, as long as it's not against the Bs!

aguineapig

Only down moment of the night was that bad and somewhat embarrassing Nosek fight.
No more embarrassing than the Avs total non response on McAvoy after yapping about it for a few days. After firing blanks in the shootout against Vegas, Monty should have them start in the penalty box and bust out of the gate Man O' War style like Taylor Hall did on the breakaway goal. No time for them or the goalie to think about it. Favorite subtle play of the night, always hear the saying "eliminate the man". Krejci does so without barely touching his man, two step to the inside and use the net to eliminate him and Pasta is waiting for the feast.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
The change/improvement in Carlo's pivots from the first 10 games and now is incredible/frightening. Early on, he was losing his balance sometimes making the transition but now he's back to making quick, smooth pivots without wobbling or flying open for balance.

I don't know if the last concussion left him with a touch of vertigo, but if it did, that's a long time to deal with that crap. Head injuries are just ugly business.

Last edited:

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
The change/improvement in Carlo's pivots from from the first 10 games and now is incredible/frightening. Early on, he was losing his balance sometimes making the transition but now he's back to making quick, smooth pivots without wobbling or flying open for balance.

I don't know if the last concussion left him with a touch of vertigo, but if it did, that's a long time to deal with that crap. Head injuries are just ugly business.
I like posts like this, gonna concentrate on that next game.

He ll probably tumble but anyway ;)

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
*runs around the forum high fiving everyone and yawning because this game started way too late*

20200201_151123.gif

VICTORY COOKIES!!!!

Triple-Chocolate-Cookies-SpendWithPennies-21-500x500.jpg

David Coyle regrets not being able to stay awake long enough to watch the game :wally:

Very happy for his namesakes helping the Bruins get on the scoreboard. DK has been rather quiet lately so here's hoping this is the start of a point streak for him.

Believes this is the first time Charlie has been named #1 Star- looks like he had a hell of a game. He's 100% healthy now & all that off season hard work is paying off big time. Bruins third line is causing major headaches for opponents- instead of shutting down 2 lines they have to try to shut down 3.

Loves Linus- he's on such a roll right now, he is a completely different goaltender than the one the Bruins first signed as a UFA. Props to Linus & Goalie Bob for putting in the work to bring out the best in him.

The goalie hug will never get old. Brings a smile to my face every time I see it & not just because it means the Bruins won. :heart:

Comfort Eagle

Feb 28, 2008
Southeastern,MA
Did I hear the goal horn briefly after Frederic's goal last night? I know there was a lot of black and gold in the crowd, but they were most definitely in Colorado.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00