GDT: Game 25: Rivalry Night! | Blues @ Hawks | Dec. 3, 2014 | 7:00 PM | NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Props to Raanta, shaky start, strong finish. Looked like a very capable back up by the end of the 2nd and on. Glad he got the start, good game to give him some more confidence.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Props to Raanta, shaky start, strong finish. Looked like a very capable back up by the end of the 2nd and on. Glad he got the start, good game to give him some more confidence.

Agreed. He looked like a guy that had rust and it needed to be scraped off, and thankfully the post helped us when he was scrapping it off. Once that was done, he was mostly solid.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I was worried before the game. But he did play well. and we got a good laughable moment of him sliding past the blue line coming to bail out Rozy

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
What a game tonight guys. I was at the game and man was it amazing walking out of the madhouse after doin the dirty on the boos.

Also, anyone remember when blues fans were ripping on the Hawks for signing Richards, when they signed stastney? I'm just constantly smiling about it now.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore

Yep, can't blame the guy for looking like ****, everyone needs playing time to stay relevant.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Excellent game from Raanta and the luck of the posts...greal 3rd from.Kane and Versteeg...Lucky we have a great PK because we took too many penalties..Need better production from line#1..The 2 bottom lines did their jobs...loved line#4. ...great zone time in Blues end and they were tasked with shutting.g down Tarasenko line and they easily won that match..Nordstrom really has fit well to make that line gel.in its role..The Question is where do they re-insertion Sharp...but as in other posts I suggested rotating Saad through all lines except the VRK line to give every wingers a rotation rest on lines 1 3 and 4 because 82 games is such a grind. .but seeing how well line #4 play together maybe they should only spell off Hossa Bickell and Carcillo and then Saadd in sets of 4 rotation replacings.Right now for their roles line #2 (VRK ) is playing at their A level role...scoring...line #4 is playing at their A level fir their role..energy..zone possession and o-zone havoc and defensive shutdowns. ..and line #3 is playing at a B level in their role..But line #1..they need to be better..Saadd and Hossa mostly just C level and Toews inconsistent mash of Cs Bs and sometimes a few As...Line #1 needs to be better especially offensively. .But still as long as VRK is en fuego...as long as team D and contending hold and the PK stays great,we still can beat most teams..But imagine if line#1 can become more potent offensive..Maybe Sharp dies that when he returns...though he too had trouble scoring goals before he got hurt...but you never know. ..maybe he comes back and the old goal scoring magic comes back with him....If we can get both our top 2 lines en fuego,we will massacre teams..Hockey Gods, make it so!

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
All of the things I look for in a Stanley cup team are there. #1 GA in the league, #1 in goal diff, #1 in PK. That's about all you can do in the regular season to predict success in the playoffs.

BladesofSTEELwFIRE

Feb 15, 2010
All of the things I look for in a Stanley cup team are there. #1 GA in the league, #1 in goal diff, #1 in PK. That's about all you can do in the regular season to predict success in the playoffs.

Da Hawks! They rock! Kaner! He rocks! I can't believe Kane has NEVER had a regular season hat trick! You kidding me? Almost had it tonight!

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
It seems like it's been a while since I've been able to watch a full Blackhawks game live. And we've been winning those games. I swear I'm just bad luck for my teams :(

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Beating the Blues gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Also if I haven't said it yet, Versteeg has far exceeded my expectations of him going into this season.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Mark Lazerus @MarkLazerus · 3h 3 hours ago
Antti Raanta on the post: "Goalie's best friend. Good to get that guy into the game." #Blackhawks

Saucey

Jun 25, 2014
How about us going 4-1 three consecutive times against legit contender teams. LE PROPS.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Howdy, I come in peace. Good to see Steeger doing well. Was worried last season would repeat itself, but glad he's finding his game again.

And yes, I'm from Chicago. I'm a Hawks fan too. :)

EricRealm

Oct 22, 2013
What are you talking about? Foley's clearly a beer guy.

patglasses.gif

lolololol wtf in t fn f is there audio for this vid??????!!!!

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
Beating the Blues gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Also if I haven't said it yet, Versteeg has far exceeded my expectations of him going into this season.

Funny because many Hawks fans had already wrote Versteeg off and were ready to dump him anywhere - like he was some kind of disease.

I suppose that cap hit looks pretty good now eh?

He's been playing his best hockey since 2010, and as of recently so have the Hawks.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I was worried before the game. But he did play well. and we got a good laughable moment of him sliding past the blue line coming to bail out Rozy

I loved that play. Decisive action and he made it work! Raanta was bound to have some rust but fought through it and had a fine game, as did the Hawk team.

Nice roll we're on! Keep it going boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad