:blues

9H0Iq23.png

yaQnhOb.png

XX6s8sT.png

[/fieldset]

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I still find it strange we are only down 3 points on the Blues. Even though we've been hot lately, seems like they've won all year. But likes make it a 1 point lead, aye?

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
Well done GDT.

Probably missing the first period again. Imagine beating Anaheim, LA, and St. Louis in a row. Would be great.

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
Tangled_Up_in_Blue_Cover.jpg
Trix-Co-Good-Times-Custom.jpg

So Brodeur is Tangled up in Blue. It's a good thing for him that's he's not starting, because sorry Marty, Trix (and wins) are for kids. ;)

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
Seabrook practicing this morning after missing yesterday being sick. Raanta in net tonight and update on Crow coming soon. Darling is the No. 2.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
Lines:

Sadd-Toews-Hossa
Versteeg-Richards-Kane
Bickell-Shaw-Carcillo
Nordstrom-Kruger-Smith

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Oh jeez...another Statement game...you know the Blues will be jacked for this..as to our guys...well you never know..There is the usual axiom in hockey that.the first home game after a long road trip is ripe for a letdown game for the home side...plus convenient excuse...CC. injured...plus Tarasenko kills us..plus Hawks can make other teams' young goalie backups look like walls....so Allen could stonewall us...It would be nice if Hossa and Saad could beat the opposing goalie for a change...but I do not hold out much hope for that...It would be nice if Toews could play his best game and get multiple goals and points to make a statement for us...but again I do not hold out much hope on that..The best I can hope for is that.line#2 stays red hot and leads us to victory..and while we are at it.. Jackson [MOD]..I detest that guy....dirty and gets away with too much grab and hold and coughing abuses...Usually stymied Cane...so I hope Versteeg and Richards have great games to counter this Jackman effect on Kane. .Toes probably in mutual centralization by Backes...so we are probably left with Versteeg Richards and the 2 grunt lines to make the difference for us in this game. Probably 3-3 and goes to a SO...Hawks probably lose because T and K get neutralized and do little.

Last edited by a moderator:

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Love these games! Two teams that are hot and fun to watch. Nervous about Raanta in net, but confident that we can score enough to help him out.

Probably not as nervous as Raanta in the net.

The month of December is shaping up to be the month that will go a long way to determine the fate of Raanta/Darling as Hawks; and, as I've said, I think they're starting the wrong netminder for tonight's game.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Does it really matter who starts tonight? The other net minder will probably have to play the next game or the 2nd back to back game which is also against a tough opponent (MTL or NSH).

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Raanta I think makes more difficult saves than Crow, he just lets in softies at times. Darling looked great in his first 2 games but the five hole in his third was a problem and was getting targeted. I think we can win with either of these guys in net but need the offense to keep clicking.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
"Wednesday Night: Rivalry Night!"??? More like "Wednesday Night: Fuss has Chem Lab and has to miss the game Night!"

Nice GDT by the way

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Does it really matter who starts tonight? The other net minder will probably have to play the next game or the 2nd back to back game which is also against a tough opponent (MTL or NSH).

Perhaps. I just think Q would be sending the right message to Darling (who has been the better goaltender) and it would give Raanta some incentive as well.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Perhaps. I just think Q would be sending the right message to Darling (who has been the better goaltender) and it would give Raanta some incentive as well.

I think the sample size is far too small to say who the better goalie was. Raanta makes saves Darling can't, but Darling controls rebounds better. They both have identical stats, with Raanta facing the tougher competition to date. (NSH, STL, PHI vs. OTT(x2), ANA)

Raanta needs a start asap, so better that it's sooner rather than later, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad