GDT: Game 25: LA Lines Of Rocks @ Arizona Bag Of Rocks - 7PM - FSAZ - Houston Astros Appreciation Thread

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I wore my lucky new VGK home jersey. I'm not wearing it tomorrow. OEL played like a Swedish shark tonight instead of a Swedish Fish.

Anybody notice that there was only one breakaway or uncontested two on one? There was some real discipline tonight. The Kings clearly watched tape on the Coyotes and tried repeatedly to spring a winger, but the Coyotes didn't pinch quite as much and when they did the forward roated back to pick up the Kings forward waiting to be sprung. (Or maybe I was just seeing things, I don't know.)

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I got one too - an LG OLED. What did you get?
4k OLEDs are magnificent to behold. I've spent a decent amount of time just drooling at frys looking at them. I've been holding out on upgrading to 4k because I want an oled for the crazy colors and dark blacks, they're getting closer and closer to my price range. It will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Haven't looked up the numbers but it seems like we're getting killed on faceoffs.
Wedge was definitely trying to draw a call and got caught.

Yay, a point I guess.

You are correct. Dvo and Stepan were terrible in the dot. We started to make head way in that department and then last night we were back to losing the draws.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm going with "OEL Classic Mode" and "OEL Basic Mode" to describe the two versions. Classic is worth 8mil avg and Basic is worth 5m avg. Problem is both versions will get the 8avg somewhere. So as much as we MUST sign Classic, we equally MUST trade Basic.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'm going with "OEL Classic Mode" and "OEL Basic Mode" to describe the two versions. Classic is worth 8mil avg and Basic is worth 5m avg. Problem is both versions will get the 8avg somewhere. So as much as we MUST sign Classic, we equally MUST trade Basic.

The team is collectively just now finding their legs and competing every night. Wait for a larger sample size before worrying.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I wore my lucky new VGK home jersey. I'm not wearing it tomorrow. OEL played like a Swedish shark tonight instead of a Swedish Fish.

Anybody notice that there was only one breakaway or uncontested two on one? There was some real discipline tonight. The Kings clearly watched tape on the Coyotes and tried repeatedly to spring a winger, but the Coyotes didn't pinch quite as much and when they did the forward roated back to pick up the Kings forward waiting to be sprung. (Or maybe I was just seeing things, I don't know.)
Our team D has been much better. We aren't giving up so many grade "A" chances any more. Our zone exits have been cleaner too. What I like the last 2 games is that both L.A and San Jose are good defensive teams and rely on other teams mistakes in many ways. We are making less mistakes, less turnovers which leads to more possession and a better forecheck since we don't have to dump the puck to change lines as much after being hemmed in our own zone.

L.A./San Jose and our eastern Canada road swing success could be partially because teams are taking us lightly. I don't think thats been the case the last few games as I thought L.A. and San jose played pretty well and both had good net minding. Lets hope our success continues tonight:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad