GDT: Game 25: LA Lines Of Rocks @ Arizona Bag Of Rocks - 7PM - FSAZ - Houston Astros Appreciation Thread

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Goligoski has gone from liability on the PP to asset on the PP in the last 6wks.

Demers, apart from the inevitable once a game catastrophic blunder, has got a lot more reliable as well.

Hjalmarsson is the just the boss, obviously. El Hefe.

Connauton and Schenn is an absolute nightmare of a pairing. When Chychrun comes back and splits that pair of dog turds up, forcing one out of the lineup, this blueline will look pretty good.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Goligoski has gone from liability on the PP to asset on the PP in the last 6wks.

Demers, apart from the inevitable once a game catastrophic blunder, has got a lot more reliable as well.

Hjalmarsson is the just the boss, obviously. El Hefe.

Connauton and Schenn is an absolute nightmare of a pairing. When Chychrun comes back and splits that pair of dog turds up, forcing one out of the lineup, this blueline will look pretty good.
Agreed(it would be jefe though).

I think Schenn had a good game against LA, but he's still been rough recently. He doesn't fit well with tocchet's system at all.

Once Chychrun is back hopefully the competition between the two for staying in the line up makes one of them play decently with some consistency, or we grab another bottom pairing guy for dirt cheap or off of waivers. Or maybe one of merman or hanley can steal a spot, it's not like the bar is all that high.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I'd love to trade for a defensive RD that's better than Demers but not as good as Hjalmarsson.
That would be a great get for our blue line, but I'm not sure we have the cap space or disposable pieces to do it.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I'd love to trade for a defensive RD that's better than Demers but not as good as Hjalmarsson.

Doesnt need to be a top 4. Just a solid bottom pairing guy, someone that potentially could be waived by another team and just needs a change of scenery. Ideally Schenn is a 7 and a great injury fill in. I wouldnt want to spend any more than a 2nd to add to our blueline.

Goligoski has really turned it around. I think he is a better fit in this system than Tippets. He is doing exactly what Chyaka said he wanted from him when we originally signed him. Hope he can keep this play up for the rest of the season and another 2 years.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

How about better than Schenn but not as good as Demers?

Petrovic.

Edit: Also love the idea of bringing on another player familiar with Allen's system.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Agreed(it would be jefe though).

I think Schenn had a good game against LA, but he's still been rough recently. He doesn't fit well with tocchet's system at all.

Once Chychrun is back hopefully the competition between the two for staying in the line up makes one of them play decently with some consistency, or we grab another bottom pairing guy for dirt cheap or off of waivers. Or maybe one of merman or hanley can steal a spot, it's not like the bar is all that high.
I think Schenn is fine on the third pairing and once Chychrun is back, hopefully he replaces Kconn, no guarantees. Chychrun is still young though, could take him time to come back and he was scratched last year at times. I'm not worried about our third pairing though and don't think it is a difference maker. I think out top 4 needs to stay healthy for a while to solidify the pairings and matchup's. Also, it would be good if Raanta can get healthy quickly so we have a 2 goalie tandem for 20 games or more.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think Schenn is fine on the third pairing and once Chychrun is back, hopefully he replaces Kconn, no guarantees. Chychrun is still young though, could take him time to come back and he was scratched last year at times. I'm not worried about our third pairing though and don't think it is a difference maker. I think out top 4 needs to stay healthy for a while to solidify the pairings and matchup's. Also, it would be good if Raanta can get healthy quickly so we have a 2 goalie tandem for 20 games or more.

I agree. I don't want to lose assets in another trade for a D. We have a couple of D in Tucson that can fill in, and KConn is fine 7th D as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad