Game #25: Kings vs. Canucks - 11/25/13 - Overtime Win!!! 3-2

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Haha, I haven't seen this in a while. He did a bunch of Carcillo gifs, because Carcillo's face is just made for this stuff! :laugh:

Edit: Found some more you guys might like! http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=30914156&postcount=70

WOW!!! :laugh:

Essentially that he was spotpicking by going after Stanton. But didn't seem to have a problem with Sestito raging after Doughty.

Stanton got ****ed up. No other way to put it. Maybe they'll take that into consideration the next time they play the Kings. Boys playing men.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Checking the standings this morning...

With a game in hand, the Kings have a near identical record to the Ducks, including goal differential. The biggest difference, oddly enough, is that the Ducks are just over .500 on the road while the Kings are evenly split with well over .500 records and both home and away.

Interesting.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Here's another features on the father/son trip. So much napping :laugh:

http://video.kings.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=731&id=495274&lang=en

LA Kings hockey! Feel the excitement!

6qha.jpg

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
This. And to further this the kings managed just fine on the PK without the defensive guru that Lewis is painted to be.

Vey should not come out of the lineup when this team is healthy.

1) Nucks Suck on the PP
2) Would have been nice to have Lewis to give the top dogs a rest on the PK - you simply can't have guys like Richards and Kopitar spend 7 mins on the PK over multiple games. Those are hard minutes and they'll get worn down.
3) Vey and Clifford were on the ice for the PP goal against.

I agree that I want Vey in the lineup, but not at Lewis's expense. Fraser can stay in the press box.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
Checking the standings this morning...

With a game in hand, the Kings have a near identical record to the Ducks, including goal differential. The biggest difference, oddly enough, is that the Ducks are just over .500 on the road while the Kings are evenly split with well over .500 records and both home and away.

Interesting.
Ducks have 2 more points and four more ROW so even if we tie in points they are ahead.
Dec 3

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
1) Nucks Suck on the PP
2) Would have been nice to have Lewis to give the top dogs a rest on the PK - you simply can't have guys like Richards and Kopitar spend 7 mins on the PK over multiple games. Those are hard minutes and they'll get worn down.
3) Vey and Clifford were on the ice for the PP goal against.

I agree that I want Vey in the lineup, but not at Lewis's expense. Fraser can stay in the press box.

And here you go. DL thought he was going to grab Frattin/Carcillo for a shot at the second line hole. We'll skip over Frattin at this point. Carcillo played a few games there and was terrible... in fact on the 3rd 4th line there are still shifts where Carcillo has like 3 turnovers in the D zone then you don't see him for 10 mins. Basicly DL went out and spent a 5-6 round pick on a depth bot 6 player. Kings already have, Fraser/Lewis/Stoll/Clifford/Nolan/Frattin/Toffoli/Vey... So when guys get healthy do you send Vey down or trade someone to make space for Carcillo.... And what does he bring.. Couple of checks a game and tries to fight guys 20+lbs heavier then him? Just don't really see what he brings to the team and who is going to be traded/sent down for Carcillo to stay in the line up.

On the positive side... that Carcilo Troll Gif is hilarious.

Dropdapuck

Jul 21, 2010
Carcillo.... And what does he bring.. Couple of checks a game and tries to fight guys 20+lbs heavier then him? Just don't really see what he brings to the team and who is going to be traded/sent down for Carcillo to stay in the line up.

Never gonna...
Never gonna...
Never gonna give you up!

Attachments

• Carcillod.gif
    Carcillod.gif
    779.4 KB · Views: 4

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
While I think Carcillo can be more than a bit dumb, yes, it was a very good deal. We really needed the kind of guy who will randomly go nuts and get a fight in somebody, like he was going to last night before the ref started holding him back. He is also a dirty player at times which is not a problem for me.

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
While I think Carcillo can be more than a bit dumb, yes, it was a very good deal. We really needed the kind of guy who will randomly go nuts and get a fight in somebody, like he was going to last night before the ref started holding him back. He is also a dirty player at times which is not a problem for me.

"Every good army needs a couple of criminals."

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

"Every good army needs a couple of criminals."

Amen. As I said earlier, screw loose!

Anecdotal, and I'm not going to pretend I was anywhere close to NHL level, I will say that when I was playing lots of tournaments, there was one gigantic fight-trained guy on another team. People had no problem messing with their team when he was out there because he was so respectful about it...he'd maybe pull you out of a pile and face wash you a bit, but the only time we saw him go ape **** was when some other big moron was dumb enough to challenge him and got walloped.

Conversely, there was a 5'5" guy on the same team that no one wanted anything to do with, because he had crazy eyes and was just as liable to spear you in the gut or slewfoot you as he was take a run at you. One game, he got thrown out, and started throwing his gear at people talking **** in the stands. The guy was absolutely nuts and you had no idea what would happen next, but you did know if you touched anyone on his team the wrong way, SOMETHING bad would happen :laugh:

Guess which one was Clifford/Nolan and which one was Carcillo.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
That's amusing because Stanton grabbed onto him. He did kind of hit him with a sucker shot, but you don't go over to lock up with a fighter without being ready to get clocked. Glad to see Nolan show that edge because I'm pretty sick of guys thinking they can start stuff with our players and not face the consequences, as happened in the playoffs last year.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Went to bed with about 5 mins left in the 3rd (had to get up at 4:30) thinking the game was over. Wake up, check the Kings app on the iphone and low and behold, a 3-2 OT Kings win.
Let's just say, it's full meltdown over the Canucks up here in B.C. But, some fans are starting to realize that the Canucks are going to be hard pressed to even make the playoffs.
I love when the Kings beat that team. I hate no other team like I hate the Canucks.

Captain Mittens*

Went to bed with about 5 mins left in the 3rd (had to get up at 4:30) thinking the game was over. Wake up, check the Kings app on the iphone and low and behold, a 3-2 OT Kings win.
Let's just say, it's full meltdown over the Canucks up here in B.C. But, some fans are starting to realize that the Canucks are going to be hard pressed to even make the playoffs.
I love when the Kings beat that team. I hate no other team like I hate the Canucks.

so are you saying whenever the Kings are losing, we should slip you a roofie?

raswilliam

Feb 18, 2008
East TN.
After sitting furiously through a whole game listening to the Canucks feed, listening to those two snivelling regional stooges they have in Vancouver vilify Nolan for daring to bodycheck their dear "henrik," somehow managing to complain about the officiating, and talking for the ENTIRE 3rd period about turning the sedin hit into the moment that motivated the team to rally gloriously and defeat the rough, rude Kings.... Holy ****.

How good it is to watch them ultimately lose at our hands can barely be described.

The Vancouver color commentator was going on and on about how the league need to start looking at hits like these.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

I have always hated Vancouver. Before we played them in the playoffs the first time a few years ago I told everyone how much I hate them. People at that time didn't understand. Now everyone knows how I feel.

Alisa

Quickie fangirl
Oct 10, 2010
Orange County, Ca

I feel exactly the same way. :handclap::handclap::handclap:

I'm a little jealous you get to be there to experience the meltdown in person.

Still though, a little part of me wants them to sneak in and us to rank high so we can have another glorious series against them. My favorite wins are always vs. Vancouver.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Bieksa, there is room on your dance card in the overtime period, da?

- "Molten" Slava

"Molten Slava is a new side project of one Slava Voynov, inspired by a ****in meteor exploding over his home town. Explores elements of universe and black metal"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad