Game #25: Kings vs. Canucks - 11/25/13 - Overtime Win!!! 3-2

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
I remeber in the off season when we got Car bomb and everyone hated Dean for doing that except me. .

I feel that Daniel Carcillo has played one of the biggest roles on the team this year and is doing one hell of a job. He can skate, stand up for teammates, and actually play some good hockey.

Not everyone hated the idea, some were reserved and wanted to see how it played it out. But there are SOME who hated it... But I know what you're trying to say......"You're all fools". :)

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
rainbows, unicorns, pretty sunsets and......

screw that nonsense that game was a complete cluster F, they are lucky for the W and the points. way to gut it out and steal the win.

my problem though was with the way the vets - the 'leaders' lost their heads tonight. so many selfish penalties in that game resulting in way too many penalties. JW, Mitchell and Stoll all took dumb ass penalties. all of them were retalitory in nature and could have been avoided.

LA looked like STL when we play them. the Kings lost composure pure and simple. after the hit on Henrik and VAN stepped up the physical play, the Kings lost control. that is the point you buckle it down tighter and play harder. frustrate the F out of the other team, so they lose composure and take needless penalties. that is how you step on their throat on a game when the refs lose control and the opponent wants to play physically.

i will take the 2 points and hope that today Sutter has this to say, "well i hope you got that **** out of system. now let's get back to playing our game and not act like idiots out there."

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I remeber in the off season when we got Car bomb and everyone hated Dean for doing that except me. .

I feel that Daniel Carcillo has played one of the biggest roles on the team this year and is doing one hell of a job. He can skate, stand up for teammates, and actually play some good hockey.

I remember that there were more than a few of us who thought giving Carcillo a shot was a good idea. While there are times that DS over uses him which exposes his weaknesses he is doing good job. He can be a solid add to the team.

You weren't alone.

rapots

Oct 23, 2006
Ruse
profile.myspace.com
Interview with Kopi's dad was hillarious.
Q: Will Anze make Olympic team?
A: I am double checking him, that's why I am here

Q: Do you talk about hockey a lot with Anze?
A: Yes, when all goes well, we talk a lot. But not these days since he ****ed up two OT's in the row. Ok he didn't say that directly that way but it was obvious.

:handclap:

And actually Kopi did it in OT

Very nice

DaAnimal

May 8, 2009
Pasadena
I'm confused why some people didn't think we deserved that W.

The way the Professor played of course we deserved the W. What are yall smoking?

TheSlovenian

Aug 23, 2011
Ljubljana
Interview with Kopi's dad was hillarious.
Q: Will Anze make Olympic team?
A: I am double checking him, that's why I am here

Q: Do you talk about hockey a lot with Anze?
A: Yes, when all goes well, we talk a lot. But not these days since he ****ed up two OT's in the row. Ok he didn't say that directly that way but it was obvious.

:handclap:

And actually Kopi did it in OT

Very nice

Is there a video online?

KingKopitar11*

I didn't hate the idea when we got Carcillo, a good amount of people thought this team needed nastiness. So... You're wrong about that. :)

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
rainbows, unicorns, pretty sunsets and......

screw that nonsense that game was a complete cluster F, they are lucky for the W and the points. way to gut it out and steal the win.

my problem though was with the way the vets - the 'leaders' lost their heads tonight. so many selfish penalties in that game resulting in way too many penalties. JW, Mitchell and Stoll all took dumb ass penalties. all of them were retalitory in nature and could have been avoided.

LA looked like STL when we play them. the Kings lost composure pure and simple. after the hit on Henrik and VAN stepped up the physical play, the Kings lost control. that is the point you buckle it down tighter and play harder. frustrate the F out of the other team, so they lose composure and take needless penalties. that is how you step on their throat on a game when the refs lose control and the opponent wants to play physically.

i will take the 2 points and hope that today Sutter has this to say, "well i hope you got that **** out of system. now let's get back to playing our game and not act like idiots out there."

Yeah haven't seen the Kings lose their composure like that vs. a team since...the time the Canucks took them out of the playoffs maybe? In retrospect, and because we won, some of it is hilarious (williams rabbit punching edler and edler just looking at him like "what?" had me crying tears of laughter AND despair), but I bet Sutter peels some paint setting them straight.

To be fair, some of the penalties happened off screen, so we didn't see them (stoll slash for example), but probably fair to say they were retaliatory or at the very least undisciplined.

Still, that was a sweet, satisfying win. I wish I had the VAN feed as others were saying! I love listening to their despair when they trash talk the other team all game.

Oh and yeah, the Torts presser--lol. Still can't believe he called out Nolan, but hilarious if he's ok with that "stand up" to the Kings.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
My only problem with Carcillo is his rep. He's not getting the benefit of the doubt in any situation. He's been popped quite a few times without drawing a call, and any borderline penalties that occur with him in the area result in him getting a penalty. I feel for him, because he's been quietly effective otherwise, and you know DL loves him some criminals--luckily, he can play, AND he's got a screw loose! :nod:

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Oh, and someone mentioned Vey earlier--dude looked like a full blown top-sixer last night (except on one PK). He's grown a LOT in the last few games. Played like Kesler should.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Any time the Kings get outplayed by the Canucks and then punk them at the end is good times.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Oh, and someone mentioned Vey earlier--dude looked like a full blown top-sixer last night (except on one PK). He's grown a LOT in the last few games. Played like Kesler should.

I wonder if Sutter could turn Kesler into a useful player. That guy has all the tools, just no toolbox.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Vey and Toffi are both living up to my over hyping of them so far.

Long way to go to prove themselves and Vey isn't playing close to his full potential just yet but that is to be expected. A year from now I'd be willing to bet that he will be a very solid if not somewhat exceptional player. Replacing Stoll will be one of his lesser accomplishments if he can continue to bring his entire game to the NHL level.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Clifford played well but that will go without notice by the haters. Pk was 1 for 9 that should help the numbers overall. Vey should be the 3rd line center. Ben for vesina hes playing so good right now im not missing quick go kings go

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Carcillo.gif

This is amazing.

KingKopitar11*

Vey and Toffi are both living up to my over hyping of them so far.

Long way to go to prove themselves and Vey isn't playing close to his full potential just yet but that is to be expected. A year from now I'd be willing to bet that he will be a very solid if not somewhat exceptional player. Replacing Stoll will be one of his lesser accomplishments if he can continue to bring his entire game to the NHL level.

I never expected Vey to be so exciting for a play maker. When he has the puck in the offensive zone I'm always excited to see where he's going to needle it off too. His passing and vision is exceptional.

Winger23

May 3, 2007

This. And to further this the kings managed just fine on the PK without the defensive guru that Lewis is painted to be.

Vey should not come out of the lineup when this team is healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad