GDT: [Game #25] Dallas Stars @ Washington Capitals – 7:00 PM CT (ESPN)

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
1000009654.png

Suter under 20 minutes, it's a Christmas miracle

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
My favourite play of the game was the Miro back check and stick check on Dowd.
He actually got some love from the announcers on that one. Miro was beat and still one-handed it away from him. One of Miro's best games of the year. If we could somehow pry Larsson out of Seattle and play him with Heiskanen, that pair would be a force in all situations

Reactions: piqued

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Wedge has been winning a good amount of games this year. Not allways looking great on some of the goals but the record has been excellent. Turned out to be a really good backup goaltender
. Much better than i expected when Stars hastily traded for him at the deadline 2 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: LT

MarginNotes

Jan 8, 2007
Gothenburg
Really liked Heiskanen's game tonight. Played safe and sound and after that sweeping stick to prevent a great scoring chance, it looked like he got his game going even more. Stayed out on that power play and they scored. I guess that defensive play somewhat is like Hintz breaking the slump with a goal. Or two.

Edit: Washington playing Ovie in the OT (at even streanght that is) is charity. He's not very fast, nor engaged.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
I fell asleep after the first goal broke our Wall and then read this thread before checking the box score

We are really going to go full Lord of the Flies on here this season
It's pretty amusing how much negative posting is happening for a team that is second in their division with a game-in-hand on first.

Reactions: Elysian

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
That game reminded me of the first 10 games or so......didn't play great but still found a way to win. On the other hand, it was a gutty effort and I expected them to look more tired than they did, given (as ESPN pointed out) that they are one of the oldest teams in the NHL. That said, our primary guys are all in their or near their prime, and we have so many talented forwards that we can limit the minutes of the older guys. It seems like our D is already wearing down a bit which will be a bigger problem come playoffs.

Reactions: LT

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
It's pretty amusing how much negative posting is happening for a team that is second in their division with a game-in-hand on first.
I think for me I'm naturally pessimistic about the team, but then also I don't look at where they are in the standings just how they are playing and just feels like there are so many areas where they could be playing better or there is room for improvement (that probably goes for every team in the league though!). I just want them to be a dominant team and feels like they are like 1 or 2 pieces away

Reactions: Hull Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5