GDT: Game 25: Coyotes @ Blackhawks - 6:30 PM - FSAZ+

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Chicago uses the center of the ice all day. Rewarded for it with an easy PP goal.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Luke Schenn, once 5th overall, not an NHL caliber player.

Enjoy Vegas then Switzerland/Germany, ya bum.

Schenn has been great.

If everyone that gave up a backdoor goal on the PP to Kane in the league got exiled, there'd be nobody to play against.

BigJCaRoach

I howl
Sponsor
Oct 5, 2005
The Desert
Schenn has been great.

If everyone that gave up a backdoor goal on the PP to Kane in the league got exiled, there'd be nobody to play against.

I respectfully disagree.

He's not a puck mover. He's not a shut down guy. He's not physical. He's a body. On a great night he's a number 5.

He's a bust, being 5th overall in '08.

I think it's Vegas or he's out of the league next season.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I respectfully disagree.

He's not a puck mover. He's not a shut down guy. He's not physical. He's a body. On a great night he's a number 5.

Excuse me, but what the **** are you even talking about?

He has been physical in this very game. He's 16th in the league in Hits/GP

A number 5 is not a player out of the league, by the way. Schenn has been twice as effective as Grossmann. I have a much bigger problem with Stone and Goligoski, especially for the money.

BigJCaRoach

I howl
Sponsor
Oct 5, 2005
The Desert
Excuse me, but what the **** are you even talking about?

He has been physical in this very game. He's 16th in the league in Hits/GP

A number 5 is not a player out of the league, by the way. Schenn has been twice as effective as Grossmann. I have a much bigger problem with Stone and Goligoski, especially for the money.

Agree to disagree re: Schenn.

I want a Todd Simpson-type clearing the front of the net. That's what i think of as physical d-man. Not letting Anisimov cosplay as Tomas Holmstrom and park in front of Smith untouched.

Loathe the Goligoski deal and hope we can dump him somehow.

Stone is clearly overpaid on his one year, prove it, deal. But his money is probably what we gave Goli.

This team and roster are garbage. Bottom 5 team. It's a negative time and negative season.

Frustrated opinion here so agree to disagree. Appreciate your opinion and dialogue.

I'd just rather have KCon's puck moving in that 6th (5 on a great night) spot if Deangelo is in Tucson.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I want a Todd Simpson-type clearing the front of the net.

Those players don't exist anymore. Schenn is the closest thing to it. He routinely hurts guys on normal hits. He leads the D in hits. He decked Hartman to the ice in the first few minutes of the game.

I thought he was a slug but he can jump into a play and shoot the puck. He's the ideal bottom pairing guy.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
We're making some nice plays, but the puck is just a bit too far. If we can keep these lines together and give it time to gel, we may have something.

BigJCaRoach

I howl
Sponsor
Oct 5, 2005
The Desert
Those players don't exist anymore. Schenn is the closest thing to it. He routinely hurts guys on normal hits. He leads the D in hits. He decked Hartman to the ice in the first few minutes of the game.

I thought he was a slug but he can jump into a play and shoot the puck. He's the ideal bottom pairing guy.

Yes XX, I'm aware those players are extinct.

But Tippet's coaching and "system" didn't allow Anisimov to put that pp goal in, untouched, at the top of the crease.

I just want a body playing in the top 6 who makes it more difficult to score goals like that.

And if we don't have that player, if he's extinct, then put 6 puck movers in the lineup. Try and get a goal back.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Sigh... Gogo and Stone are so ****en bad with the puck.

Right after I say something positive Chicago gets two goals.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Doan and Rieder on the first powerplay unit, when we're down by 3 goals. :laugh:

Wouldn't want to see young goalscorers out there in a game that's out of reach now would we?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad