GDT: Game 25 Bruins @ Detroit 11/27/13 7:30PM NBCSN, NESN

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
If Marchand gives us half of what Kane did for Chicago we probably would have won it all.

"If <any top-9 Bruin> gives us half of what Kane did for Chicago we probably would have won it all."

I know it's early on Thanksgiving day and that I'm not the quickest snail in the pail, but this comment of yours makes zero sense to me, outside of its apparent intended use to single out and bash one player.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
"If <any top-9 Bruin> gives us half of what Kane did for Chicago we probably would have won it all."

I know it's early on Thanksgiving day and that I'm not the quickest snail in the pail, but this comment of yours makes zero sense to me, outside of its apparent intended use to single out and bash one player.

It's from behind the B. It was one of managements criticism of Segs.

But your right it makes Zero sense as most of the top 9 could be slotted into that comment.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
It's from behind the B. It was one of managements criticism of Segs.

We have a winner.

It is true in a way, Marchand and that whole Bergeron line fell flat on their faces that series. The third line was actually pretty decent in that series.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
rask was due to let in some goals.
fact of the matter is we are in the 8 spot at best without rask though.
this team is just sliw and cant score more than 3 goals a game it seems.

we gotta create more offensr and speed.
spooner needs to play and erikkson should be on a line with soderberg.

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
We needed a good butt kicking for all the pompom waivers who refuse or don't want to improve the team because of losing fav players.

Shameful effort across the board there.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
rask was due to let in some goals.
fact of the matter is we are in the 8 spot at best without rask though.
this team is just sliw and cant score more than 3 goals a game it seems.

we gotta create more offensr and speed.
spooner needs to play and erikkson should be on a line with soderberg.

Most teams would be lower than 8th without a goalie. Luckily most teams including the Bruins do have a goalie.

Madturk

Oct 31, 2013
Florida
What would Marchand realistically bring as far as trade value? He's definitely not struggling because of a lack of effort, just doesn't seem to be able to finish. IMO, I think he'll play his way out of it.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Well that was one sticker and to be honest, it was coming they way they have been playing the last week. Barely beat Carolina and the Pens. This is a good loss for them in the long run.

We will see a different B's team going forward, one that will play 60 minutes. They have it in them, they have to bring it now

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
they played good against stl.
but i think thays because stl isnt a fast team. they are like us.
but recent games.

almost lost to car. shouldve lost to nyr. shouldve lost to pitt. lost to ott.

we havent been as good as the record shows.

Kaoz*

but recent games.

St Louis isn't fast? I disagree. they're plenty fast. Detroit was far more aggressive however, especially on the points where Boston tends to try to generate most of their offense from.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
but recent games.

They were excellent against Carolina though.

We haven't been playing very well consistently, yet we're still 1st in the East with the best goal differential in the Conference as well (even after getting blown out by 5 goals). I'm not looking to drastically switch up the lines yet.

The only individual player I'm worried about is Marchand. Ever since that concussion late last year, he's had very few good games. I wouldn't mind at all if he sat a couple games out.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
November 26th and 28th 2010 the Bruins got beat by Carolina 3-0 and Atlanta 4-1 in a home and away two game stint around Thanksgiving to drop to 12-8. Not exactly super teams that outscored them 7-1. Bruins got one goal gave up seven and chaos reigned on the boards calling for trades, benchings, callups, firings, and oh, yah, Thomas sucked.

They recovered with basically the same team except for the great Tomas Kaberle

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
November 26th and 28th 2010 the Bruins got beat by Carolina 3-0 and Atlanta 4-1 in a home and away two game stint around Thanksgiving to drop to 12-8. Not exactly super teams that outscored them 7-1. Bruins got one goal gave up seven and chaos reigned on the boards calling for trades, benchings, callups, firings, and oh, yah, Thomas sucked.

They recovered with basically the same team except for the great Tomas Kaberle

During the same season we lost 1-6 against Detroit and yeah, we won the Cup.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
If Marchand gives us half of what Kane did for Chicago we probably would have won it all.

It's not like Marchand has been struggling just this season, he was pretty bad for most of the playoffs (Chicago series he was brutal).

That's funny (the Segs reference I mean).

If Kane had suffered a concussion two weeks before the playoffs, likely a different story production-wise for him in playoffs, I would imagine?

Unfortunately, Seguin had no excuse.

Kaoz*

That's funny (the Segs reference I mean).

If Kane had suffered a concussion two weeks before the playoffs, likely a different story production-wise for him in playoffs, I would imagine?

Unfortunately, Seguin had no excuse.

Having 2 players on your line who suffered from late season concussions and were no where near the top of their game is kinda an excuse... just sayin.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Having 2 players on your line who suffered from late season concussions and were no where near the top of their game is kinda an excuse... just sayin.

Didn't Seguin spend most of the playoffs on the third line? Kelly and Peverley were not good, but I missed the part where they had concussions late in the season?

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
Oh there was a game last night, forgot about it already. :sarcasm:

Every team throws up a stinker for the season and maybe even for the decade. The Bruins stinker was this game. I missed the game and watched the lowlights. Then I wished I took the score at face value and skipped the game. Hope they play better tomorrow when I'm actually at the game.

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
I read the comments here.
Then I check the standings.
Every team has their problems and difficulties in the cap world. And there will be games/stretches when things are not going well, terrible even on both team and individual levels.
First things first, be in a good spot in the standing at Thanksgiving, accomplished.
Second is to be there at Christmas, one step at a time......and take a deep breath in between. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad