GDT: Game 25 Bruins @ Detroit 11/27/13 7:30PM NBCSN, NESN

bostone737

Jun 21, 2011
Toronto
last year vs this year
1st line about the same maybe better
2nd line WILL be about the same (when Bergeron, Marchand, and Eriksson all get going, right now none of them totally are), slightly less offence
3rd... WE HAVE A THIRD LINE HOLY ****
4th line about the same

the D about the same, overall less D and more O perhaps, although inexperience is a little nerve racking

people got to get over Seguin.... he's gone, IMO the bruins are better this year.. Really need to stop dumping on seguin and just wish him well, they got great return for him

anyway, last night something was seriously off, maybe something Julien was aiming for them to try? Its rare to see this team collectively take a night off

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
thanks for the updates on last nights game guys and gals. Sounds like I was very much fortunate to not have been able to catch it

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
My only issue with last night's game is that I have a personal feeling that no team with a high potential for a Cup Championship should or would ever let themselves be embarrassed by losing by more than 3 or 4 goals.

I've said it for years, even before they won. The year they won, and last year when they went back to the finals, they never got blown out, not once. They had too much character and pride.

I just dug through the last few years of champs and their regular season results, and none of them had been blown out in a single game that season. I just don't think a team with the character to win it all would ever allow themselves to be embarrassed and blown out. Plus, battling through a game like that builds even more character and experience that is needed to win it all in the end.

This is really discouraging.

Last edited:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
My only issue with last night's game is that I have a personal feeling that no team with a high potential for a Cup Championship should or would ever let themselves be embarrassed by losing by more than 3 or 4 goals.

I've said it for years, even before they won. The year they won, and last year when they went back to the finals, they never got blown out, not once. They had too much character and pride.

I just dug through the last few years of champs and their regular season results, and none of them had been blown out in a single game that season. I just don't think a team with the character to win it all would ever allow themselves to be embarrassed and blown out. Plus, battling through a game like that builds even more character and experience that is needed to win it all in the end.

It happens. The Hawks lost 6-2 to the Avs at one point last season and the Kings took an 8-2 beating from Detroit the year before,

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast

Actually, they lost in a very similar manner to Detroit the year they won the cup (can't remember the exact score, but it was in February and it was something like 5-1, 6-1).

Honestly, I think they are starting better this season than they have in previous seasons, but I don't see the reason to go all "chicken little" because of one stinker of a game. This is a team that knows how to throw in some bad ones; but they know how to rebound, and turn it up a notch.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

If you read through the thread it happened more than once the season they won the Cup.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston

Bruins lost 6-1 to Detroit 2-11-11

They won the Cup

Zestfule

Jun 30, 2008
NH
Bruins lost 6-1 to Detroit 2-11-11

They won the Cup

Didn't they also get rocked in the other game (It was a home and home with Detroit)? I remember how abysmal these boards were following those two loses (Think I've got the right year).

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
It happens. The Hawks lost 6-2 to the Avs at one point last season and the Kings took an 8-2 beating from Detroit the year before,

Hell, we destroyed Vancouver a couple times in the Cup Finals, and they were the heavy favorites! Individual games mean nothing. Hopefully the Bruins step it up and show some emotion. Seems like forever since we've seen Big Bad Bruins hockey with hitting and fighting, and emotion.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Didn't they also get rocked in the other game (It was a home and home with Detroit)? I remember how abysmal these boards were following those two loses (Think I've got the right year).

Yep absolutely, we got rocked 6-1 when micky ward dropped the puck and then lost the next game like 5-2 or something

Also lost to the leafs 5-2 that year

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Wings were pounded by the Sens on home ice this year..I'm losing no sleep over the loss, its ugly to watch but that's what remotes are for:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad