Pre-Game Talk: GAME 25 7:08 pm VGK @ Bruins - Marchand, Craig Smith has been placed in the NHL’s COVID-19 protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
What are you referencing? False positives?
If you have it you're out asymp or not.

Being placed in the protocol doesn't mean they were positive. It means they could also have been close contacts (like say in Calgary, no?) and need to isolate until they can test out. Nowhere does it say Smith or Marchand popped a positive test at this point. So provided they stay asymptomatic and the two tests confirm they're clean, they can return faster than the 10 day quarantine.

Not sure why that's something to argue about though.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
At the end of the day, you can stick yourself with 7 boosters. The result is the same. You're gonna get it. Vax or unvax. The quarantine period should be the same. Testing process is a crapshoot. Always do the one that gets sent away, imo. The fast ones aren't as accurate.

Just gotta do our best to stay healthy and hope the boys will be okay. Same goes with anyone who has it. Hold down the fort as best you can. Lysol, hydration, sleep, hepa air purifier on in the house or place of employment. Fresh air is good. Open some windows and just be smart. Wash them hands folks. We'll be alright! And the team will just make do what they have for now.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Got mine Saturday afternoon. Still a little off. The first one was the worse, the 2nd one was easily shaken off.
I got mine yesterday around 10am. Felt fine until about 5 am when I woke up super sore and stiff. Felt like the tin man needing to be oiled. Popped some Tylenol cause I had to be in my office today (which is rare I absolutely have to be in these days, just poor timing) and that got me thru most of the day, though I've got a pretty rippin' headache that'll probably be with me the whole commute home.

The booster has been the worst reaction for me, all three were Pfizer. But everyone I talked to has a different take on their experience, I'm seeing very little consistency.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I got mine yesterday around 10am. Felt fine until about 5 am when I woke up super sore and stiff. Felt like the tin man needing to be oiled. Popped some Tylenol cause I had to be in my office today (which is rare I absolutely have to be in these days, just poor timing) and that got me thru most of the day, though I've got a pretty rippin' headache that'll probably be with me the whole commute home.

The booster has been the worst reaction for me, all three were Pfizer. But everyone I talked to has a different take on their experience, I'm seeing very little consistency.

Got my Moderna booster Saturday afternoon. Felt a little woozy that night. Knocked me on my ass the next day, I didn't get out of bed all day except to get more fluids. I was fine this morning.

Strange because my first dose I felt nothing except the sore arm, the second I was only a little off. This one knocked me over and kicked me while I was down.

Reactions: Alicat and BMC

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

Oh yeah the rippin headache at about every 5 hours or so. Advil gel extra strength fixed it for me, but it takes like 10 minutes or so.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Got my Moderna booster + Flu shot yesterday. Took one in each arm.

Arms are a little sore today, but other than that, I shrugged it off like a flea on a rhino.........

Me strong like bull.....

show-off-flex.gif

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
General Covid talk goes to the main board thread. No politics.

Discussion in this thread limited to how it impacts the Bruins' immediate future and game tonight.

Further Covid debate in here will result in poster removal.

This serves as second and last Mod warning.

for those that need to catch up.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
that isnt what the mass.gov website says. says if you are positive you must quarantine for 10 days. says nothing about negative test results. regardless team is screwed. But I guess CDC says you may be able to jump quarantine depending on local authorities. So who the f*** knows...

What to do if you have or have been exposed to COVID-19.
COVID-19 and Your Health
He's referencing the potential for false positives especially for those who are asymptomatic or considered close contact.

He's saying that if an asymptomatic/close contact player tests negative twice in a 24 hr window then they shouldn't be required to be held out for 10 days.

It feels like the league is making the guys do both whether they are negative of not.

Testing isn't fool proof but I wouldn't be surprised if we find out some of the tests were false positive. It actually happened to Marchand last year. They forced him to sit out while waiting for the PCR to come back.

Reactions: KnightofBoston

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
I got the booster in Oct.

Just watching the deaths from the storms earlier this week. Little baby....tough times and so very sad.

I hope there is not another shut down but it could be coming.

Hey Steve, I hope the Bruins win tonight.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:
See you there, we better keep our masks up and tight…sigh. Feels like a shutdown is looming:whine:
Here we go:bruinshere we go:clap::clap:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Carolina played Calgary 5 days ago. Bruins are at the 3 day mark. Enjoy tonight because I have a feeling they will shut the team down before Thursday's tilt with the Islanders.

Reactions: Spooner st

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I sadly agree, half wondering if they will reconsider even as doors open for tonight….gotta sell those concessionso_O
At this point it is too late to cancel the game outside an act of god or something else.

All you can do is keep yourself safe and hope that no one else catches it

Reactions: eightspokedb

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
So, how does this work? If this is due to potential exposure during the Calgary game, how do they pinpoint just Smith and Marchand to go into protocol? Did those 2 players have more-direct-than-normal contact with players on the Flames who may have also been exposed? Wouldn't all players – or at least more than 2 – on the ice be potentially exposed? Or is it maybe possible exposure in some other context off the ice? Interviews? Plane ride?

Reactions: Gordoff

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Would be nice if Garden staff actually enforces the mask wearing, pretty much down to 5-10% of fans keeping a mask on or even having one visible:madfire:
We had a scrimmage this afternoon.

I ran the scoreboard and called fouls since my assistant was out.

I called a T on the same kid every time his mask was down around his chin. Eventually he figured it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad