GDT: GAME #24 - Vanny @ Minny - 5:00 p.m., SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
I want to tank one year just to draft a top tier #1 RHD. Our defense pairings are a joke and it's on Gillis that ****ed it up. Ballard and Garrison are useless. Edler is not a #1.

Not really sure what you are seeing, but I think Garrison has been the teams best defender the last half dozen games

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Problem is, our division is so bad we couldn't tank if we wanted to.

A 9th place finish will get us absolutely nowhere. We need to find a way to crack the top-5 and get an impact player that can step into the lineup a la Galchenyuk.

Kesler
Schneider
1st

I'd do it in a second. Get rid of Kesler while he still has some value.

SpaceCowboy

Feb 2, 2012
Garrison
Elder
Booth
Kassian
Schneider
Booth
Vigneault
And Booth

Are huge problems

I would make an argument for Garrison not really getting a chance to gel with any one linemate. It's been a revolving door, and he hasn't been given the chance to be the point on the PP with his heavy shot enough. Our style is different from how he had it in Florida.

Kassian as well is still learning his role as on Buffalo he was really meant as a bit of a bruiser with a potential upside at power forward, whereas we clearly are hoping for a Betuzzi 2.0.

Schneider hasn't been getting a whole lot of D help as currently the only two that are without mistake every shift have been Hamhuis/Tanev and Tanev only averages about 6-9 minutes per game, and Hammy keeps getting a different linemate.

Edler, Booth, Alain, Alberts, (Manny Role), (Alberts Role), and a compatible fourth line are our issues right now.

Alexistheman

Jun 28, 2007
Surrey
Problem is, our division is so bad we couldn't tank if we wanted to.

A 9th place finish will get us absolutely nowhere. We need to find a way to crack the top-5 and get an impact player that can step into the lineup a la Galchenyuk.

Kesler
Schneider
1st

I'd do it in a second. Get rid of Kesler while he still has some value.
Gives us a shot at the first overall pick in the draft lottery, there is some hope.;)

HankieDankie

Feb 24, 2012
Vancouver
They pumped out the next Sedin robot out of the factory. I knew something was wrong with the last model with all the goals it had been scoring.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
How is Garrison a problem? The best D by a mile for like 10 games now, with the exception being the game against Detroit. He's even got an assist in this game and hasn't made any mistakes.

Chris Tanev says hi.

And then laughs hysterically after reading your post.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Just started watching. Decided to take a nap instead. Looks like I made the right decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad