GDT: Game 24: Sharks @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ+

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
#1 reason we lost is that we just can't finish. We had quite a few great chances, but we flubbed every one.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Haha, lose a faceoff and put absolutely no pressure on Ward who scores an easy EN. :dunce:

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
OEL seems to have come alive. If he can keep up a Classic OEL level of play for the rest of the season, I'd give him his huge contract.
He looked like a man possessed in the third. He's always sorta been a passive offensive player, but he was playing like he was trying to will the team to victory. Need to see it consistently, but it's a great sign

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He looked like a man possessed in the third. He's always sorta been a passive offensive player, but he was playing like he was trying to will the team to victory. Need to see it consistently, but it's a great sign
I disagree about the passivity. I think he used to play like that regularly. He used to be a take games over offensively kinda guy.

Reactions: Jakey53

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
I apologize to all Yotes fans. As I mentioned in a previous GDT, the Yotes had never lost when our middle daughter was in attendance. After nearly 20 games, over 4 years, her magic mojo has died.

Reactions: Grimes

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Strome is doing great in Tucson and it's very tempting to leave him there to continue to dominate. That said, Dvorak is playing with Domi and Duke and that's fine. Stepan is playing with Perlini and that's fine. Keller playing with Brad ****ing Richardson is KILLING me.

Putting Keller with a strong FO and possession guy helps balance the lines and is a big part of why the team has had success lately. Keller has some defensive issues as well. Putting him with Strome isn't going to change that, teams will just abuse that line even more.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Putting Keller with a strong FO and possession guy helps balance the lines and is a big part of why the team has had success lately. Keller has some defensive issues as well. Putting him with Strome isn't going to change that, teams will just abuse that line even more.
Fair. But Richardson...I wish we had some damn money...

Reactions: CC96 and Yandover

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I apologize to all Yotes fans. As I mentioned in a previous GDT, the Yotes had never lost when our middle daughter was in attendance. After nearly 20 games, over 4 years, her magic mojo has died.

What a streak.

My daughter is 0-5-0 at games. Gonna leave her little baby butt at home lol

zz

Nov 1, 2006
I had a really good time at the game. We kept it close, had good chances... Can't ask for much more. I'll take a hard fought loss. OEL was impressive. Seemed like he never left the ice in the 3rd.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I thought we played pretty well. San jose is a solid team, doesn't make many mistakes.

Yup. A couple mistakes and bang, we lose.

OEL passive? I thought he was a type of player that got too involved most times, on the edge of getting a penalty.

You don't know that. There is only one way to find out.

Wow Strome with 2 goals and 2 assist in Tucson tonight

How in hell can you not call up Strome. He has to be rewarded for his play, same as Perlini last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Richardson just doesn't generate enough offense to play with Keller. I like Richardson well enough as a 4th line center but him trying to center a top six line limits the offense too much. We have the talent to score more goals than we have been especially after Strome gets called up. It might be best to get Crouse up as well to see if he can develop some chemistry with Keller. Teams are starting to take liberties with him physically and somebody needs to put a stop to that immediately. I don't know if we have anyone other than Crouse that could do that and still have a chance to be a good match for Keller offensively. Nobody is doing anything after Keller gets tossed to the ice time after time. He's not even getting calls when it's blatant. You know Crouse won't stand for that shit.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
How in hell can you not call up Strome. He has to be rewarded for his play, same as Perlini last year.

How do they not call him up and actually stick him on the top offensive unit? He's making the AHL look silly because his talent is being utilized the way it should be. They stick him on a checking line in the NHL and wonder why he's not scoring. Tocc putting him in a position to succeed was the #1 thing I was looking for this season and his development at the NHL level has been comical at best. He's now 2nd in the AHL in points with 22 and the leader has 25 with 6 more games played.

Merkley is 7th in goals and 1st in rookie goals as well.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
How do they not call him up and actually stick him on the top offensive unit? He's making the AHL look silly because his talent is being utilized the way it should be. They stick him on a checking line in the NHL and wonder why he's not scoring. Tocc putting him in a position to succeed was the #1 thing I was looking for this season and his development at the NHL level has been comical at best. He's now 2nd in the AHL in points with 22 and the leader has 25 with 6 more games played.

Merkley is 7th in goals and 1st in rookie goals as well.
Who would Stromes wingers be if he is in the top 6? If Keller is one of them, they might generate more chances but what about giving up more goals too. In the top 6 they will have to defend one of the other teams top 2 lines. Think of it from a defensive perspective, who do you surround Strome with so he doesn't get killed on D. just looking at an AH< stat sheet, it doesn't tell us how Strome is playing without the puck on D. Is he playing PK minutes too?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad