GDT: Game 24: Red Wings at sabres 7:30 pm et 12/5/23 (ESPN+, HULU)

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I think I figured it out. ESPN sent every member of their broadcasting team to the Chris "Boomer" Berman School of Hyperbolic Play on Words.

Hey guys. I don't need the two hour version of The Fastest Three Minutes.

Reactions: raymond23

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I think I figured it out. ESPN sent every member of their broadcasting team to the Chris "Boomer" Berman School of Hyperbolic Play on Words.

Hey guys. I don't need the two hour version of The Fastest Three Minutes.

Honestly the post game is the best part right now because they're just asking Callahan questions and letting him talk.

For example, wise words from Callahan re: Kane

"I think we need to lower expectations but the great news is it's December. They're really going to need Kane come March, April..."

(that's my paraphrase, not an exact quote)

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Hard to compare players of different eras. If Nick played his game in the 70's, he could have played half asleep. Game was slow.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
We have scored 91 goals.

da.gif

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Ahh. I do a few types of games but Fortnite isn't one of them.
I’m not super into it. I mostly goof around with my younger siblings.

I personally play a decent amount of RTS/strategy games like Civ or Crusader Kings. Shadows of Doubt has been my new distraction though.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
I wonder if Larkin realized he didn't have to gain the red to bury the empty netter? Scared me for a quick sec.

We will have to get used to this some, NHL game management officiating is rampant, when we jump out, it will be harder than normal to hold the lead. Look how many leads around the league got blown tonight.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
I’m not super into it. I mostly goof around with my younger siblings.

I personally play a decent amount of RTS/strategy games like Civ or Crusader Kings. Shadows of Doubt has been my new distraction though.
I do a bunch of Steam stuff and boardgames, miniature games, and RPGs. I'm a huge nerd.

Reactions: DatsDeking

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
I know the last two third periods have been frustrating, but also another issue I want to see die is giving up a late goal after kicking a team's ass all period.

Should of been up 3-0 after 1 against Montreal, should of been up 4-0 after 2 tonight.

We do that and I bet the third periods in both would be different, both games would have been cruise control because the opponent won't be given life and will quit.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
This is why Yzerman loaded up on a bunch of solid 2nd/3rd line players, scoring depth is a real thing.
I'd say the guy who has single-handedly scored about 15% of the team's goals has had just as big an effect as the depth. It's not just the number of goals he scores, but that de demands the most attention from other teams which opens things up for everyone below him on the depth chart. But they're complementary to each other. When Debrincat is on he'll score in bunches, and when he's quiet the depth is there pick up the slack.

Exciting to think we'll be adding Kane to an already potent offense.

Reactions: jkutswings

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
Admittedly I thought the sabres would be better than the wings by a lot this year. But it seems their coaching has done them in. Still I don’t want to get into talking about “rebuilds” because the wings still don’t have a rookie on the team for this year until edvinsson finally gets a spot he deserves.

Reactions: Perfect Human

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
only Vancouver has more than that

and they have Hronek so it's not really a fair competition to expect anyone to beat them
Yup and Vancouver loaded up 10 goals on the Sharks earlier in the season. Some ridiculous shit like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad