Post-Game Talk: GAME 24 - RAT TRICK!!!!! - MARCHAND 3 Columbus 1 F

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
It was a special weekend for Brad

My condolences to Brad and his family, it must be hard when being on the road so much and not being able to get home right away.

That probably explains what people were saying about him at the end of the Toronto game, when he went off the ice with his glove over his face. You can only hold those emotions in for so long. Now a hat trick for his Grandma.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Whenever I saw him play for the Penguins I never thought he looked like he was coasting, but true-enough to the common perception of him, he didn't particularly stand out either. Don't know if he got complacent or was simply unlucky to fall by the wayside with Pittsburgh and any other suitors, but he's been mostly excellent for the Bs.
Very good first season with Pit but they had cap issues and Heinen had arbitration rights and was rumored to want $3M per, so Pjt let him go into free agency. Good deal for them because they signed him for around $1M as a free agent.

Second season there he started petering out second half of the season and got on Sullivan's bad side so he started getting scratched. He supposedly wasn't fully healthy either. He wasn't resigned for a third season because of those tbings

Hopefully he can put together a good full season this time around like he did in his first one in Pit.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Very good first season with Pit but they had cap issues and Heinen had arbitration rights and was rumored to want $3M per, so Pjt let him go into free agency. Good deal for them because they signed him for around $1M as a free agent.

Second season there he started petering out second half of the season and got on Sullivan's bad side so he started getting scratched. He supposedly wasn't fully healthy either. He wasn't resigned for a third season because of those tbings

Hopefully he can put together a good full season this time around like he did in his first one in Pit.

Yeah I thought his first season with the Pens was really solid, capped by a respectable playoff showing. One of the other things that strikes me at the moment is he looks really happy. Not that he seemed miserable anywhere else, but being in Boston seems to suit him and he's having a good time and that likely translates into his play. He's enjoying the challenge and the contest.

DGS

Jan 21, 2014
Portland, OR
Happy to see the skipper shining in the spotlight these last two third periods. Despite the sad events happening in real life, you can see Brad eats up the big moments, and this will help propel the team I think.

Also, while he is still obviously young and learning the ropes, Poitras's ability to find space with the puck and see the ice around him is just damn impressive. Playing this full year in the show (on a good team) is going to be invaluable for him to learn how to be a pro. and will pay big dividends IMO.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
somewhere on this site, there has to be multiple quotes from me proclaiming Marchand to be nothing more than an AHL lifer from years ago....good lord I say and type stupid stuff:)
Well, I once said that Ryan Leaf would be a better NFL QB than Peyton Manning. Oops!

OTOH, after seeing PSG play live in 2017, I said that Mbappe would be the best player in the world in 5 years. At the WC, he was no worse than even with Leo.

Reactions: lopey

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1701726549119.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad