Time On Ice: BOS

Time On Ice: CBJ

Roster Report

Shot Report

Last edited:

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
There's been quite a few mean hockey players over the years, but the meanest I'd ever seen was Stan Jonathan. He was a nasty SOB, but as a BRUINS fan, one couldn't help but love him.
I remember a game against the Islanders where before the opening puck drop, Stan skated over to Isles' goalie Billie Smith and flattened him with an uppercut to his jaw.
Don Cherry referred to Jonathan as his personal pitbull.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
There's been quite a few mean hockey players over the years, but the meanest I'd ever seen was Stan Jonathan. He was a nasty SOB, but as a BRUINS fan, one couldn't help but love him.
I remember a game against the Islanders where before the opening puck drop, Stan skated over to Isles' goalie Billie Smith and flattened him with an uppercut to his jaw.
Don Cherry referred to Jonathan as his personal pitbull.
IIRC, you couldn't try to stand in front of the crease, he would chop you down like a tree right at the ankles.

Didn't he accidentally shoot a guy in the ass? :laugh:
No, he was hunting on tribal land and shot/killed him. It was a horrible accident. I don't remember the particulars but it shattered his life. I'll try to find the article that I read about it but it's extremely sad. He was found not guilty.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
IIRC, you couldn't try to stand in front of the crease, he would chop you down like a tree right at the ankles.

No, he was hunting on tribal land and shot/killed him. It was a horrible accident. I don't remember the particulars but it shattered his life. I'll try to find the article that I read about it but it's extremely sad. He was found not guilty.
I found the story and it sucks. Deleting my post.

Reactions: Gordoff

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I really appreciate Marchand's post-game talks. He seems so 'down to earth'.
His wife grew up in the next town over from me about 7 mins away. He’s often here in the offseason great down to earth guy. The bond he had with Bergeron was fun to watch. It’s great to see how much he’s matured and how great he is now leading this team and this next generation. 63 will one day be in the rafters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad