Post-Game Talk: GAME 24 - RAT TRICK!!!!! - MARCHAND 3 Columbus 1 F

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
IMO Stan Jonathan was pound for pound the toughest Bruin in Boston Bruins history

After he annihilated "Big Bouchard" it only confirmed my statement

A very good argument can be made for him being the toughest pound for pound player in NHL history. Ted Lindsay and Gary Howatt are the only others who come to mind right away

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
That explains the tears, Brad I think she saw them and her love is still there for you!!

from the Globe:

“The win capped an emotional weekend for Marchand, who learned that his maternal grandmother, Frances O’Leary, passed Friday.

“I don’t know if you could tell, but I was pretty emotional coming off the ice [in Toronto], it kind of all hit me in that moment,” said Marchand, who said his whole family watched the win over the Maple Leafs at his grandfather’s house. “It was a good moment for the family [during] a tough time.”

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If any of us actually had a clue what we were talking about, we would have a job in scouting
haha, true, although there are many here who clearly have their fingers on the pulse far more than I

Well, I once said that Ryan Leaf would be a better NFL QB than Peyton Manning. Oops!

OTOH, after seeing PSG play live in 2017, I said that Mbappe would be the best player in the world in 5 years. At the WC, he was no worse than even with Leo.
haha, another gem of mine, Jordan Caron was gonna be a reliable 10 year NHL`er in the spoked B:help:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I stand by my statement.

Brad should be wearing the "C". There is no one else ready or worthy.

For a number of years Brad has clearly been a leader...on the bench, ice and in the room.
not many people have seen/observed the things that you have from up close.

personally, your opinions on these things for me are gospel. appreciate you always sharing.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Lol was a few pretty reputable posters actually. That 3 loss streak got to a few people.

It’s funny to think those feelings were only shaped by a 3 game stretch and haven’t been formed by watching his entire career.

The fact that we had to wait this long for a statement game this season says a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: bergeronsboys

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
not many people have seen/observed the things that you have from up close.

personally, your opinions on these things for me are gospel. appreciate you always sharing.
Wow! I consider you one of the more knowledgeable posters here so I thank you for this.

You (and others here) know more about hockey than I ever will.

I consider myself very lucky to be able to sit in my seats . We do see and hear many things. We cannot see the far corner (the Bruins get in our way) but I love my seats. I thank my daughter as she picked out our seats all of those years ago.

I also really like a few of the guys who work for the Bruins. They are a great team too.

Thanks again. Your opinion means a lot to me.

Last edited:

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
haha, true, although there are many here who clearly have their fingers on the pulse far more than I

haha, another gem of mine, Jordan Caron was gonna be a reliable 10 year NHL`er in the spoked B:help:
There was a stretch of games where Caron looked like he had it figured it out. I really thought he was going to stick. The margin to be a regular at the NHL level is so thin...

Reactions: ODAAT and Gordoff

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Well was on a week end and did not see the Bruins won both Maple Leafs and Krakens. I think Marshy came out big, defence and keepers played to where they were before their slump.

Now that we are winning again, I like the positive reading hear.!!!

Good for 63's 3 goals and more, I wish god bless Marchand's family and all families having a hard time, specially during this period of time.

Reactions: Gordoff and Ladyfan

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I stand by my statement.

Brad should be wearing the "C". There is no one else ready or worthy.

For a number of years Brad has clearly been a leader...on the bench, ice and in the room.
How the information NOT coming out about his grandmother is a bit beyond me. People here have said that he left the ice in Toronto crying, so I think mentions of his not have the C was about being protective of him. Some of us thought that maybe he was overwhelmed and maybe having a hard time with the Lucic situation and the added responsibilities that being a Captain entails.
I don't think anyone meant it as disparaging or were made to attack him. He's loved here.
From the day that Bergeron retired I wanted Brad and nobody else to have the C. That still holds true, especially after knowing what he's been going through.

Last edited:

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
Sanderson and Westfall were 2/3rd's of the checking line, usually with Marcotte on left wing. I'd put Marchand with Esposito/Hodge to give that line a lot more speed.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
How the information NOT coming out about his grandmother is a bit beyond me. People here have said that he left the ice crying, so I think mentions of his not have the C was about being protective of him. Some of us thought that maybe he was overwhelmed and maybe having a hard time with the Lucic situation and the added responsibilities that being a Captain entails.
I don't think anyone meant it as disparaging or were made to attack him. He's loved here.
From the day that Bergeron retired I wanted Brad and nobody else to have the C. That still holds true, especially after knowing what he's been going through.
Brad is an emotional guy. I love that about him.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
He’s quite a character when he’s the backup :cool:
He’s a fun seatmate for @Ladyfan and my Rat self:wg:
We've noticed :sarcasm:

Polish_20231204_210849672.jpg

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Bruins 6-3-1 last 10 games . The worst 10 game period this year . 58 games left. Even if they played at this level for the next 58 games . they would end up with 111 points . But if they play at their current 77 % they would end up with 126 points. I think they'll probably make the playoffs. Not bad for a shit team.
The only team with a better win % NYR and we play them on the 16th.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Bruins 6-3-1 last 10 games . The worst 10 game period this year . 58 games left. Even if they played at this level for the next 58 games . they would end up with 111 points . But if they play at their current 77 % they would end up with 126 points. I think they'll probably make the playoffs. Not bad for a shit team.
The only team with a better win % NYR and we play them on the 16th.
This is not what I expected from the B's this year that's for sure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad