GDT: Game 24: Montreal Canadiens at Columbus Blue Jackets || 7:00 ET

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Laine doesn't need scratched, but that first PP needs demoted until they've shown they can produce.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
First time poster ... Watching Montreal feed, they pointed out that CBJ power play has been poor all the way back to 2017-18.
They were impressed with Chinakov, btw.
Actually, our PP% was 18.3 last year and 18.6 the year before that. It was 19.9 in 2016-17. Not poor, but it needs to be above 20. This season to date, we're at a whopping 11.0%!

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
He wasn't. Of course still not ideal butthere is no need to say what was not. He played much better. He didn't have any turnover, on the contrary, he got some pucks, played very good in backchacking. Unfortunately, he lost the battle when he scored the empty net goal.

By the way to EN. Why did Fantilli, who has no form, play and not Chinakhov, who is LH with a great wrist shot? Why was Laine on the right again when we need his one-timer? Same for PP. If Werenski has to be on the first PP, then change Laine for Chinakhov and Patrik to the second to Boqvist and let the Units have equal time.

Again, Sillinger's was the best. Quick transition to OZ, creating chances, scoring goals.

Still one serious thing. It was the fourth game in the 6th days. Montreal had 3 days free before this game.

That's the game I watched!

Last edited:

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
He had a lot of fumbles causing the puck leaving the offensive zone, on PP and 6v5.

Yeah he's in the absolutely wrong place in that PP. If you put Gudy on the PP left side for onetimers he might also not be an immediate natural in that spot. Not sure why we expect Laine to be a good RD on PP. That's not where he thrives so why is he there and who's fault is it?

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Positives.. Boone Jenner bobblehead, instant classic for the collection - more of these types of giveaways please :D

Chinakov playing aggressive with confidence.. I'm all for him getting more time if he can consistently bring it.

Texier was a puck hound... he may not put up scoring numbers, but he's definitely one of those players that is a hassle to play against. Never a question with his effort.

Johnny looking much better than 2 weeks ago. Breathe..

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I have a question. Are there other zones besides OZ, NZ and DZ? I see that Texier, Valve and Laine haven't played in any of those three although Adam had some FO. :sarcasm:

Screenshot_20231130-043740.png

Last edited:

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Texier - Fantilli - Laine was a disaster last game. Tex wants to chip and chase and forecheck. Laine wants to weave. Fantilli can do both, but right now it's largely Laine just coughing up the puck, so they rarely have possession and spend their time in their own end. Losing every faceoff doesn't help.
Did you see this game ahead of time? No?
Groundhog Day…

Please tell me when Laine is put on the left dot and Not at C or on the point of the PP. Tell me when Werenski is off the PP and playing less minutes. I might want to watch again then… The abysmal play by 29 and 8 is killing some of the development for Fantilli (yes, especially you 29) and wasting really solid efforts from a majority of the roster. I expect to lose some games because CBJ is young…but that’s not why they are losing. Limit roles and minutes for the “best players” until they find their games. It’s ridiculous to keep throwing them out there in roles and crunch time that neither can handle right now. If it’s fighting concussion and/or shoulder surgery, I get it but then reduce their roles - like yesterday! They show no signs of finding it.

Rant over. Haven’t read any other posts tonight, will do so later, so this isn’t aimed at anybody’s post, just getting it off my chest.

Next up: Ottawa.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
It has a problem. Laine has 10 no trade teams. And the ones don't probably need him, especially after the concussion and because of salary cap. Besides, right now his value is low.
I don’t care
If he isn’t scoring goals he is pretty useless

Reactions: thebus88

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Texier - Fantilli - Laine was a disaster last game. Tex wants to chip and chase and forecheck. Laine wants to weave. Fantilli can do both, but right now it's largely Laine just coughing up the puck, so they rarely have possession and spend their time in their own end. Losing every faceoff doesn't help.
Deleted - duplicate. - app on phone jumping all over the place.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
At 5v5 Texier-Fantilli-Laine
• xG% below 5%
• Corsi & Fenwick% below 10%
• 1 SOG on 12 shifts
• 2 goals against

Not ideal
The problem is, we're not going to bust up the other lines right now. Those seem to be working. So this group needs to figure it out on their own.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
The problem is, we're not going to bust up the other lines right now. Those seem to be working. So this group needs to figure it out on their own.
They busted up other lines where Fantilli and Texier looked good to get to where we are now though.

If they want to get Laine going, put him with Voronkov. He makes everyone better.

Gaudreau Fantilli Marchenko
Voronkov Jenner Laine
Danforth Sillinger Chinakhov
Texier Kuraly Robinson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad