GDT: Game 24: Montreal Canadiens at Columbus Blue Jackets || 7:00 ET

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I am looking forward to seeing if they can continue their momentum and their high level of effort.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
That's as close to an ideal lineup as you can get with the players on the roster. I expect the third line to get more minutes than the second.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I agree that is probably the best lineup they can put on the ice.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Finally we get to see Texier-Fantilli-Laine in a full game of regular season action. Hopefully they get meaningful ice time and do well. Probably will have some adjustment after not playing together for awhile. Hope Laine can get back to his high level soon.

The top line is playing well right now but it’s hard for me to believe we haven’t seen JG with Fantilli yet at all.

Reactions: Cheddarcheese

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Texier - Fantilli - Laine was a disaster last game. Tex wants to chip and chase and forecheck. Laine wants to weave. Fantilli can do both, but right now it's largely Laine just coughing up the puck, so they rarely have possession and spend their time in their own end. Losing every faceoff doesn't help.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Texier - Fantilli - Laine was a disaster last game. Tex wants to chip and chase and forecheck. Laine wants to weave. Fantilli can do both, but right now it's largely Laine just coughing up the puck, so they rarely have possession and spend their time in their own end. Losing every faceoff doesn't help.
Laine needs to be carefully explained that the puck is faster than the legs and Texier that he is in the second line and not in the fourth and his partners are of a different style.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Supposedly they've had a couple of practices since then together and hopefully finding a better sync.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Supposedly they've had a couple of practices since then together and hopefully finding a better sync.
Just before the season, Laine played center, Text RW and Fantilli LW, and these are completely different schemes.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
How long till we're also screaming to get Fantilli away from Laine? Hopefully they play better tonight bc they absolutely sucked in a dominant win last game.

Reactions: thebus88

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
Shout out to the Columbus chapter of Hockey players in Business’ rink of dreams game today.

Looked like a blast

114EA2F3-7FF7-4976-A889-14D94869A1D2.jpeg

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
How long till we're also screaming to get Fantilli away from Laine? Hopefully they play better tonight bc they absolutely sucked in a dominant win last game.

They were very uneventful. Looked like they had too much distance between each other, so every time it was a bit of a solo effort from who ever had the puck, the passing options in the offensive zone weren't really there fast enough and they lost possession instead of gaining zone in any meaningful controlled way.

More practice and time playing together should help, they are all good players and just need to figure out how to help each other. Laine needs to get back to full health, the hand/eye seems a bit lost at the moment especially in shots.

Reactions: majormajor

tchigo

Dec 13, 2019
regarding Texier, it's more a punishment than anything else to be put on this line. That's almost being benched, with Laine on the PP and Sillinger on the PK. and when they eventually play, Laine keeps the puck until he looses it again. I wonder if he got more than 8 min of ice time vs the Bruins? He lost also his spot in the PK (Robinson) and tbh, even if I'm rooting for him, I totally understand, as he looks useless, if not lost, in defense. He seems to try to cut an hypothetical pass, but he's mainly in a nomansland where the puck has no chance to come.
In attack, he's not daring enough, because he has the skills to succeed where Laine fails scaringly, breaking a line. I still think he could be part of a PP unit. He's better with a bit of space

the win vs boston was nice, but this was also the third time in a row where Boston conceded 5 goals or more.

Reactions: Bookker

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
They were very uneventful. Looked like they had too much distance between each other, so every time it was a bit of a solo effort from who ever had the puck, the passing options in the offensive zone weren't really there fast enough and they lost possession instead of gaining zone in any meaningful controlled way.

More practice and time playing together should help, they are all good players and just need to figure out how to help each other. Laine needs to get back to full health, the hand/eye seems a bit lost at the moment especially in shots.
Not that Laine was ever a consistent play driving beast but at times last year he really was that. I really hope he can find that game because he was dangerous and a problem for teams. It's unfortunate the injury is probably still hurting him.

Wish he wouldn't force things if he's sucking.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Laine needs to get back to full health, the hand/eye seems a bit lost at the moment especially in shots.
I’m going to sound like an ass but whatever…

How long do we give him the benefit of the doubt? The concussion occurred on Oct 20, 40 days ago. He has played in 9 games, benched for 1, post IR stint.

Over age 18, the normal concussion recovery time is 14 days (Univ of Michigan). He was absent 22 days before coming back to the team and playing on 11/11 vs Detroit. Do we think the team rushed him back before he was ready? Medically cleared him too early?

Genuinely asking - at what point should people be allowed to start questioning/worrying about his play?

And if he is not OK to play, why are we putting him on the ice? Isn’t there an even greater risk of a long term brain injury doing so?

Reactions: thebus88 and Monk

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I believe he's come back too early. Recovery might be 14 days if it's your first one but how many concussions (documented or undocumented) has he had in his career? Not all concussions are equal.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I’m going to sound like an ass but whatever…

How long do we give him the benefit of the doubt? The concussion occurred on Oct 20, 40 days ago. He has played in 9 games, benched for 1, post IR stint.

Over age 18, the normal concussion recovery time is 14 days (Univ of Michigan). He was absent 22 days before coming back to the team and playing on 11/11 vs Detroit. Do we think the team rushed him back before he was ready? Medically cleared him too early?

Genuinely asking - at what point should people be allowed to start questioning/worrying about his play?

And if he is not OK to play, why are we putting him on the ice? Isn’t there an even greater risk of a long term brain injury doing so?

That's a nice source but we've also seen countless times in the NHL that players have a bad half season or full season or even whole ruined careers because of a concussion.

You can question and worry about his play. That's fine. We're all doing that right now.

I think you are asking if you are allowed to say he permanently sucks? Well he didn't suck the preceding two years and it is a bit early to write off the next couple years.

Why are we putting him on the ice? That is also a fair question. I would just put him back on the shelf for another month! Imagine the howls. But it would be the best thing for the team and I think for the player.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Wife’s favorite player is Boone so naturally she wanted to tag along to the game tonight. To recap, her last two games Boone has scored a total of 5 goals so…. Boone anytime goal scorer??

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Wife’s favorite player is Boone so naturally she wanted to tag along to the game tonight. To recap, her last two games Boone has scored a total of 5 goals so…. Boone anytime goal scorer??
It is Boone Bobblehead night too. Hope you were one of the first 10k through to get one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad