GDT: Game 24: Montreal Canadiens at Columbus Blue Jackets || 7:00 ET

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
How can they literally lose every game against the worst teams in the league.

It’s not about the talent on the roster (on paper) it’s how that talent is playing.

They have far more skill than what they are showing, what a frustrating season and how close they are already to playing meaningless games the rest of the season

Cheddarcheese

Oct 24, 2023
Laine is an issue rn. he's getting frustrated but i think its totally unacceptable to give up on the play ( he fumbled the pass on the powerplay and just gave up made z skate from the other side of the ice to break up the breakaway fkin bullshit play )

need to see fantilli boone chinakov PP1 take laine off untill he finds his game

Reactions: majormajor

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
I swear , trying to be patient with Vincent .. when does he get a clue and quit pissing away power plays with his veteran crew that has scored maybe 2 power plays all year .. it’s beyond idiotic

I’m blaming this loss on @Halfboard. We needed a third goal but he was rooting against them cranking up the chili chant. :D
I proudly stand in my steadfastness against this abomination….

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Goals plural, right? Because he did score one of the 2 the team scored. How were the non scoring players more useful today, any one of them? What use were they?
Many of the non scoring players play other roles and aren’t paid 8-9 million dollars to score goals
plain and simple Laine has been a disappointment

Reactions: thebus88

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I think Z summed it up perfectly in the post-game: the kids aren't the reason we're losing.
I'll add: Boone Jenner is also not the reason we're losing. And lately, the goalies are not the reason we're losing.
Agreed!

The quote:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Many of the non scoring players play other roles and aren’t paid 8-9 million dollars to score goals
plain and simple Laine has been a disappointment
I'm giving him a little more time due to the concussion before I'll categorize him as such this season.
McDavid was out for 2 games with the ubiquitous "upper body injury" and looked like garbage (6 games 0-2-2) for a while after he came back.

Players (and teams) have a tendency to rush (players) back after injuries. I'm willing to put Laine in that category at this point.

All this being said, I'd trade him in a heart beat if another team would take him straight up with no salary retention. He's not a well-rounded player, he's overpaid and he's another of the so-called "leaders" on the CBJ who don't come across to me as leaders.

Last edited:

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
I'm giving him a little more time due to the concussion before I'll categorize him as such this season.
McDavid was out for 2 games with the ubiquitous "upper body injury" and looked like garbage (6 games 0-2-2) for a while after he came back.

Players (and teams) have a tendency to rush players back after injuries. I'm willing to put Laine in that category at this point.

All this being said, I'd trade him in a heart beat if another team would take him straight up with no salary retention. He's not a well-rounded player, he's overpaid and he's another of the so-called "leaders" on the CBJ who don't come across to me as leaders.
Now that KJ is here put Laine on IR until he is ready to play if he still has the effects of the concussion

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
How can they literally lose every game against the worst teams in the league.

It’s not about the talent on the roster (on paper) it’s how that talent is playing.

They have far more skill than what they are showing, what a frustrating season and how close they are already to playing meaningless games the rest of the season
We overvalue our roster every year.
We are not a talented team compared to other NHL teams. Point of reference just look at outsiders view of predictions for the CBJ or Vegas odds.

Our coaching is at best below average. That is not a change from last year.
Our goaltending is better than last year but still below average by NHL standards.
The defensemen are below average even with the additions and Zach back. On paper better than last year and definetely spent more money there.
We have talent at the wings and young talent potentially at Center.

Again on pure talent and lack of coaching a bottom 10 team. Maybe if everything broke right midpoint but that is with no injuries, solid coaching that guys bought into, etc.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
I thought this was a very entertaining game, and the CBJ played great (save for the end result).

Glad I wasn't online here when the game was on, lots of doom and gloom still.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
I thought this was a very entertaining game, and the CBJ played great (save for the end result).

Glad I wasn't online here when the game was on, lots of doom and gloom still.
No way we watched the same game, then. This was a dreadfully boring game played by two well-matched, equally sloppy teams, and the team we care about once again gave up in the third.

Reactions: NotWendell

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
No way we watched the same game, then. This was a dreadfully boring game played by two well-matched, equally sloppy teams, and the team we care about once again gave up in the third.
That's the game I watched at Nationwide last night.

We overvalue our roster every year.
We are not a talented team compared to other NHL teams. Point of reference just look at outsiders view of predictions for the CBJ or Vegas odds.

Our coaching is at best below average. That is not a change from last year.
Our goaltending is better than last year but still below average by NHL standards.
The defensemen are below average even with the additions and Zach back. On paper better than last year and definetely spent more money there.
We have talent at the wings and young talent potentially at Center.

Again on pure talent and lack of coaching a bottom 10 team. Maybe if everything broke right midpoint but that is with no injuries, solid coaching that guys bought into, etc.
You've just summarized why JD and Jarmo suck at their jobs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad