GDT: Game #24 Jets host Leafs 7pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB

From a design standpoint, I had a hunch weeks ago that they’d do “Bla1ke” but feel like this isn’t as crisp as it should be.

Not quite as bad as that hideous Stastny 1000 shield, but still feel it could’ve been much more sleek.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Also, thinking more about the Jets so far this year, I feel like we are much better defensively this season so far (despite the doomsayers). Our ga/g is one of the best in the central.

Thinking that our biggest challenge over the losing streak was scoring, that's the best problem to have since you know it's an outlier with the scoring talent we have.

Of course, our special teams are an abomination and will have to be much better but overall I'm feeling pretty good about the team.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Hey @White Out 403 .

Nothing is more important than your health!

I hope it's nothing serious and you get better soon!

dartmall74-1149201.gif

Oh, just noticed the nurse cap. Now it makes sense. :nod:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
1000th game for Wheels!
View attachment 487502

From a design standpoint, I had a hunch weeks ago that they’d do “Bla1ke” but feel like this isn’t as crisp as it should be.

Not quite as bad as that hideous Stastny 1000 shield, but still feel it could’ve been much more sleek.

Congratulations to Blake Wheeler on his 1000th game!

A kid that started off playing high school football then switching to hockey and getting picked at #5 overall in the NHL draft.

He’s had a great career and he’s the captain of our very own little team here.

Win it for Blake tonight fellas. :thumbu:

Congratulations to Captain Blake on reaching the 1,000 Game Milestone
6B43C62C-FD45-4B02-A124-23870F63BE9E.jpeg

Also, best of luck to your Blue Bombers today my Winnipeg friends.

ps. @White Out 403, Glad to read that you’re ok

dcypher

Feb 7, 2013
Wheels was my first jersey when we got the team back and I still wear it to this day to games. I was also at Portage and Main when they announced his Captaincy and was super happy for him. I get the frustration of some people commenting his contract and ability to play but in the grand scheme of things he really is a stand up guy who will represent Winnipeg the hardest. So congrats Mr. Wheeler.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The funniest things happened to me this Morning.

I went to Tim Hortons to try the new Bieber Timbits everyone is raving about.

While I was waiting in line, out of no where, this elderly gentleman wearing a Maple Leafs hat cuts me in line. The audacity right!

I wasn't sure if he saw me in line, so I randomly steuck up a conversation and simply asked him if he was looking forward to the Leafs game tonight.

He looks at me (stone faced) and says, "I don't watch football." Then he turned around and ended up getting his order a full 30 seconds before me :)

Then on my way home, I parked my car and saw an older lady walking her dog. Her dog was wearing the sickest knitted Maple Leafs sweater.

So naturally, as i walked past, i said, "i really like your dogs sweater".

She didnt even look at me... She just kept walking past me in the other direction.

So i muttered to myself, "0 for 2. Good talks."

Im not too sure what to think anymore...

Either random human conversations are no longer a thing post pandemic...

or

Older Toronto maple Leaf fans that have endured a lifetime of Agony are just incredibly callas souls.
:laugh: I think a little of both.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad