GDT: Game 24: Avs @ Islanders | Monday, November 30th, 5pm MT | No Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
We'd have to start winning at something like a .750 point% for us to make the playoff at this point. It could happen but it's really unlikely. I will never advocate for tanking, but getting a top 5 pick in the draft while letting our talent develop in the AHL and later this season in the NHL would probably be good. :cry:
The only good thing that this team has going for it has to be the good record against the Central. I believe the only game we have lost was the fluke miracle comeback by the Wild.

With the lottering being what it is this year, being the worst of the worst is less important for draft selections. You could be where the Avs were last season and have a reasonable chance at a top 3 pick. At some point this core needs to learn how to win close games.
I say being in the top 3 is more important since you have a greater chance of losing not only one spot, but up to three spots as well. I get what you're saying that Avs can improve to like 13th overall in the draft and still win either 2nd or 3rd place in the draft rankings. Personally for me, even if I think this teams mentality is whats losing games, I am also not opposed in picking another big talented winger, and this is the best draft to do so with a chance of getting Puljujarvi, Laine, or Tkachuk in the top 5 and Dubois outside of that.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Omg that drives me nuts like you wouldnt believe. Redmond did it the other night against the jets that lead to a goal. I dont know if they are being told to give the line up or what but more often then not it leads to us being hemmed in or it leads to a goal. Give up the line, leave the points wide open, collapse and block shots... this was Joe Saccos game plan for the Avs.

Seriously. It boggles my mind how a defense could be coached the way they do at a pro level. They play a trap game without the ability to trap, so it ends up being a constant shooting gallery of blocked shots and inadvertent screens. It's truly oxymoronic.

So how were the forwards on all those goals?

Our goals? Two out of the three were absolute pure luck.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If the team is out of the bottom 7/8, the odds of losing more than one draft spot is pretty low. If you are a bottom 5/6 team, the odds are fairly high of getting a top 3 pick. At least 1 bottom 3 team is likely to lose a spot. I don't see the incentive to bottom out when the bottom 3 teams are likely to move down and a team in the 4-6 range is likely to be in the top 3.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Redmond's complete lack of physicality for a guy with his size is disappointing. You're not a 5'10", 180 pound defenseman. You can take a hit, bro.

I'm not sure if there's anything more frustrating when watching hockey than a guy who won't physically engage. It's infuriating.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Redmond's complete lack of physicality for a guy with his size is disappointing. You're not a 5'10", 180 pound defenseman. You can take a hit, bro.

I'm not sure if there's anything more frustrating when watching hockey than a guy who won't physically engage. It's infuriating.

I'm 100% with you. If he played remotely physical or was willing to take a hit from time to time, he'd get a lot more minutes.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Guenin's probably like "wtf man" after watching games like these.

And also, at what point do we stop cheering for wins and start cheering for a better draft pick? It's still relatively early but man it's going to be tough to fight an uphill battle against our division.

Game 70. If we absolutely out of it completely by then i'll start looking forward to the draft but lets be real unless that pick can play D, make a save, fix the breakout and make Roy the proper cup of coffee he aint going be helping this team much next season.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Game 70. If we absolutely out of it completely by then i'll start looking forward to the draft but lets be real unless that pick can play D, make a save, fix the breakout and make Roy the proper cup of coffee he aint going be helping this team much next season.

I make the best god damn french press coffee in the world. DRAFT ME AVS! :yo:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I love all 3! Pour over on weekend mornings. French press (with a real nice dark roast coffee) with dessert. Siphon when you have time. I have too many coffee appliances...

spiller19

Sep 23, 2013
I've been saying this for a while but I hope this is finally the year that a team in the 10-15 range wins the lottery. Last year if the avs didn't win I wanted Columbus to win they battled so many injuries and went in that insane streak at the end of the year to get out of the top 5. I would absolutely love regardless of where the avs are to see all the top three picks awarded to teams that aren't in the bottom 5

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
"It was a game I thought we could have had and it didn't happen."

That's the story of the season right there.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Yep, there is.

A guy who won't physically engage... Who has size :laugh: That is so ******* maddening to watch. Zach Redmond is exhibit A on that front. When I was playing hockey I would have KILLED to have his size. The guy needs to take a look Brendan Gallagher. 5'9, 184 pounds, yes different positions but damn it the guy is fearless. If Redmond wasn't afraid of getting hit every shift he'd be a better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad