Laval Rocket: Game #23 vs. Hatrford Wolf Pack (Laval Wins 5-1. Finally Snap a 9-Game Losing Streak)

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Is it insane for me to think he's our best forward prospect ? Think his weaknesses are easier to work on than Roy or Mesar
Don’t think he is our best forward prospect. Mesar,Roy,Kapanen,Farell,Beck are probably better than him,

Reactions: Don D

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Don’t think he is our best forward prospect. Mesar,Roy,Kapanen,Farell,Beck are probably better than him,
Kidney torched the q harder than Mesar is the OHL. His d+1 was literally double what Mesar did and kidney didn't play for a team full of amazing guys. And it's not like mesar plays a pro projectable game either. Mesars regained some standing but not front of the list standing. I think our list will be very interesting at the end of the season compared to the start.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Kidney torched the q harder than Mesar is the OHL. His d+1 was literally double what Mesar did and kidney didn't play for a team full of amazing guys. And it's not like mesar plays a pro projectable game either. Mesars regained some standing but not front of the list standing. I think our list will be very interesting at the end of the season compared to the start.
Q weaker league though

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hopefully Dobes can build off this, he gets pulled in that terrible game, gives up 3 on 7 shots and then his next 2 starts he stops 61 of 65 vs the #1 offense in the entire AHL. Still has a lot of work to do though, too aggressive at times it putting him out of position.

Mailloux makes some poor decisions in his own end but the offense is really coming around. 11 points in his last 15 games and the bulk of that on the 2nd PP unit.

Kidney struggled early on and you can see he's very easy to push off pucks but now that he's moved up the lineup he's showing what a legit playmaker he is. If he can just get stronger, quicker, bigger.

Xhekaj with 2 pts this weekend, looked better then the 1st game he played here. I don't know why some hate the AHL but there's no shame in having to spend some time there to get back on track.

Roy still showing the good and bad of things, he's so smart though, he knows he is too slow so he gets rid of the puck very quickly. Such high end IQ and skill, if he can just get his speed, strength, skating up a few more notches look out.

I know Davidson was healthy scratched again last game but he seems to have gotten whatever message Houle was sending as this may have been his best game, certainly one as I though he played well. Like Kidney he has struggled a bit with the pace and speed as the skating/quickness will need some decent improvement but I like his game as he's got decent skills and works hard, gets his nose dirty.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Evaluating prospects is always difficult. Mesar had a very ordinary year in 2022-2023 and he is brilliant this year (even if he plays for a good team). Roy was great at the start of the season before slowing down (the absence of LIAS ANDERSSON probably had a lot to do with it). Beck is constant, without being an offensive machine, he is one of the best junior 2 way players and in faceoffs). Kidney was slow to get going and he was probably misused by the Rocket's coaching staff but is looking good lately. Kapanen is stable and plays well in both directions of the ice.

Reactions: DAChampion

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Kidney is having a hell of a game. This Maillet guy was close to a point per game in the K? Cimonac, the K must be sucking mucho grande.
I said a while back I think he's our most skilled forward. Put him in a different frame he's a star.
I can't believe he does what he does with that child's build.

Reactions: Tyson

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I like Gignac whenever I see him. Hope he gets a call up. Don't think there's big potential but seems like he could be a decent energy guy for a spell.

Good to see most of our notables producing. Mailloux being the Rockets' 3rd top scorer is quite impressive. Just gotta hope that D comes along. I feel like he'll get wherever he needs to be to be an impact player and a net positive even if the D will never be perfect.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Great clip @montreal

Of note was how often the names of Xhekaj Heineman Kidney and Gignac were mentioned.

I like Gignac whenever I see him. Hope he gets a call up. Don't think there's big potential but seems like he could be a decent energy guy for a spell.

Good to see most of our notables producing. Mailloux being the Rockets' 3rd top scorer is quite impressive. Just gotta hope that D comes along. I feel like he'll get wherever he needs to be to be an impact player and a net positive even if the D will never be perfect.
I liked his camp he was so good with Davidson. Did Houle ever notice?

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Great clip @montreal

Of note was how often the names of Xhekaj Heineman Kidney and Gignac were mentioned.

I liked his camp he was so good with Davidson. Did Houle ever notice?
I remember that. Gignac had an amazing set up on a Davidson goal. That's one of the plays I was thinking about when I mentioned I like him whenever I saw him play. He deserves a shot at the very least imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad