GDT: Game 23 | Senators vs Rangers | Hockey fights Cancer Edition | Fri. Nov 22nd 7:30PM | RDS, TSN5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
So impressed with Jaros and Lajoie. Really, nothing but positives to say about them - and I was super skeptical about Lajoie, still am, but that was a big step in the right direction.
Awesome to hear. Hopefully they can play a full time role with the big club in the future.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Awesome to hear. Hopefully they can play a full time role with the big club in the future.
I've always really liked Jaros. Not sure if this means anything tonight, the Rangers didnt look very good, but it's nice to know we have two guys who can perhaps make the league and help out when injuries happen.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
First game I went to this season
And was certainly impressed. Even got free tickets for getting a Chabot jersey lol. We are ruining the tank tho oops

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Man, we actually looked like a real hockey team out there, the better hockey team

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The building remains pretty empty but the team is playing entertaining hockey and winning. Great atmosphere at the game last night...Chabot scoring in the first minute really fires things up.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Dorion's genius is becoming more evident with each passing game.

What a legacy this man will leave.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
It was an awesome dominating win. I am starting to feel pretty good about this team. However our next seven out of nine games are against teams that are in a playoff spot. So we will see what this team is really made of in the next couple weeks.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
DJ Smith invented the swarm defence. A swarm - when a group of working bees going on the defensive attack and converging on the puck carrier from every direction possible. Using active sticks to create turn overs. With this, Sens could even deliver a blow to Capitals.

Reactions: tardigrade81

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
First - the swarm defence was used by FC Barcelona. When after losing the possession of the ball, players would pressure the ball carrier from every direction to create a turn over. Now it is coming to hockey, thanks to DJ Smith.

Sensfan4life

Nov 2, 2019
[mod qdp]

People wanting the team to finish last and secure a top 4 pick are the only one's who want the team to truly succeed. They are demonstrating the principle of delayed gratification, which is one of the clearest indicators of future success.

Short sighted fans who care more about a few meaningless regular season wins than securing the talent necessary to actually contend are failing the marshmallow test.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
People wanting the team to finish last and secure a top 4 pick are the only one's who want the team to truly succeed. They are demonstrating the principle of delayed gratification, which is one of the clearest indicators of future success.

Short sighted fans who care more about a few meaningless regular season wins than securing the talent necessary to actually contend are failing the marshmallow test.
I disagree with your first paragraph. Here’s the thing. We have good prospects. Just because someone doesn’t want them to tank doesn’t mean that don’t want them to succeed. I mean. What if we don’t tank and brown batherson brannstrom and JDB actually turn into superstars? I mean..... would we have NEEDED to tank in that case? No. Everyone here wants the team succeed.
That being said. I believe two consecutive bottom 2 finishes gives us the best chance at this point.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I’m not too worried about the non tank. This scouting staff has showed they can find stars outside the top 5. You also have to consider the fact that the team playing well means the players are better than we thought which means there’s more value on our roster which is good long term. I like that Pageaus trade value has skyrocketed.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

Don't know if this was a sarcastic post but fans on either side of the fence just wants the team to win a cup. The goal is the same despite the path being different

Valid points can be made for both sides that makes sense to a certain degree.

I personally want that top 2 pick. Mentioned before but having the organization bring in a really highly touted player in the ilk of Laf or Byfield does more for this organization off the ice than people would initially think. It would rejuvenate the fanbase. Garner interest from current, past and new fans and not just in Ottawa.

Reactions: Alex1234

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I’m not too worried about the non tank. This scouting staff has showed they can find stars outside the top 5. You also have to consider the fact that the team playing well means the players are better than we thought which means there’s more value on our roster which is good long term. I like that Pageaus trade value has skyrocketed.
Ouf players being better than we thought is scary cuz we’ve heard it before

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
[mod qdp]

I just typed a huge post to this and for some reason this horrible page deleted it. Anyway you’re wrong. This team is playing awesome right now. We have a string of games coming up to test the theory of how good we are. I’m all for the team to keep playing well. This is more than just a few meaningless wins. We beat a hot Flyers team. Beat the Canadiens. Nearly beat the Stanley cup champs. This team is playing like a team and it’s fun to watch. Call me a short Sighted bad fan. I could give a crap what you think of me actually. Let this team keep winning. It’s fun to watch!

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I've been too busy to watch much hockey.

Are we better than the Tampa Bay Lightning now?

Was #contendforaplayoffspot not as foolish as it seemed?

Or are we going to ruin it all by jinxing ourselves with a video package narrated by Kathleen Edwards?

Most of all. Do we finally win the Mika Zibanejad trade?

Reactions: tardigrade81

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
[mod qdp]

Honest question

How many guys that dressed in last night's game do you think were interested in winning versus losing to get the 1OA.

Pro athletes are wired to win. I think this year has been a pleasant surprise

Sensfan4life

Nov 2, 2019
Honest question

How many guys that dressed in last night's game do you think were interested in winning versus losing to get the 1OA.

Pro athletes are wired to win. I think this year has been a pleasant surprise
Talking about fans and management. Obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad