GDT: Game 23 | Senators vs Rangers | Hockey fights Cancer Edition | Fri. Nov 22nd 7:30PM | RDS, TSN5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensfan4life

Nov 2, 2019
Sure, I’d like to win the lottery no matter where we finish, and if we were to suck all year a guaranteed 4oa would be nice.

But we’re winning more than that and looking good doing it so.... Since I can’t do anything about it, and it comes naturally anyways, I’m just going to go ahead and enjoy the wins.

The roster was torn down to studs, and we should have perhaps sucked based on paper, but the kids decided “**** that” and have all bought in together and are forcing the issue, what can ya do?

The GM can’t all of a sudden undermine the team and trade away kore players so that we lose more, that would be a betrayal to the team, and it’s not like he’s going to trade futures for vets to make a push. This is the rebuilding team, and the chips are just going to fall where they may until around the deadline where some of the trade bait will be at their most valuable.

Try and enjoy the ride man.

The team will drop back down the standing over the course of the season. Until a top 4 selection is guaranteed, I'll continue to cheer for the team to lose every game.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Let's face the facts ... we have zero control what this team does & for the most part we just have to live with it if they trade away our favourite players or draft players we don't like & pass over players we do like. It makes no difference, we do not have a say. Here we get to express our opinions on what has been done right in our opinions or what has been done wrong in our opinions. They tried to get rid of the owner & he is still here & shows no signs of leaving or selling anytime soon. People can choose to continue to hold out & not support the team or support the team, people have the choice to do whatever they want. If you watch this team live or on TV you are sort of supporting the team indirectly through TV ratings.

Having said that, who doesn't like watching the team win? Sure, if they were to end up last & win the lottery that would be great, but the chances of that happening are slim at best, there is no guarantee that everything would go Ottawa's way. IMO they already have a very good base with a number of the players they have & with this coaching staff may be playing/punching above their weight. But this is also a young team with a lot of good young players & prospects coming that should improve every position especially with all the picks they have accumulated for the next few drafts. The on-ice future looks good for this franchise IMO, although the owner could f*** everything up quite easily too with his stupidity but that shouldn't stop people from supporting a pretty entertaining team.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
The team will drop back down the standing over the course of the season. Until a top 4 selection is guaranteed, I'll continue to cheer for the team to lose.

Sure, odds are they’ll lose lots more games. We’ll all deal with that when it happens.

I find it curious that you admit to actually cheering for the team to lose, and also call fans cheering for wins ‘not real fans’.

Sensfan4life

Nov 2, 2019
Sure, odds are they’ll lose lots more games. We’ll all deal with that when it happens.

I find it curious that you admit to actually cheering for the team to lose, and also call fans cheering for wins ‘not real fans’.
Feel free to quote a post where I accused people of being "not real fans".

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Let's face the facts ... we have zero control what this team does & for the most part we just have to live with it if they trade away our favourite players or draft players we don't like & pass over players we do like. It makes no difference, we do not have a say. Here we get to express our opinions on what has been done right in our opinions or what has been done wrong in our opinions. They tried to get rid of the owner & he is still here & shows no signs of leaving or selling anytime soon. People can choose to continue to hold out & not support the team or support the team, people have the choice to do whatever they want. If you watch this team live or on TV you are sort of supporting the team indirectly through TV ratings.

Having said that, who doesn't like watching the team win? Sure, if they were to end up last & win the lottery that would be great, but the chances of that happening are slim at best, there is no guarantee that everything would go Ottawa's way. IMO they already have a very good base with a number of the players they have & with this coaching staff may be playing above their weight. But this is also a young team with a lot of good young players & prospects coming that should improve every position especially with all the picks they have accumulated for the next few drafts. The on-ice future looks good for this franchise IMO, although the owner could **** everything up quite easily too with his stupidity but that shouldn't stop people from supporting a pretty entertaining team.

Well put dawg, good post top to bottom.

Reactions: aragorn

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I thought tank talk was supposed to be kept out of GDTs. Mods? Am i mistaken on that?

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
So you can't.

Just like your smear campaign, you are fond of posting misinformation and then running when called on it.

lol.... Dude, give it rest. You got slapped around by a handful of posters in this thread for your post, deal with it.

Crying over wins.....

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
So you can't.

Just like your smear campaign, you are fond of posting misinformation and then running when called on it.
Man i am impressed with how quickly you picked up on the posting MOs of various guys given you are so new here

Sensfan4life

Nov 2, 2019
lol.... Dude, give it rest. You got slapped around by a handful of posters in this thread for your post, deal with it.

Crying over wins.....
You consistently make claims to muddy the water and take posts off topic and then fail to support those claims with evidence.

When called on it, you go full spin cycle and try to change the subject.

Back up your claims or stop making them.

Sensfan4life

Nov 2, 2019
Man i am impressed with how quickly you picked up on the posting MOs of various guys given you are so new here
The board is a public forum and has been available for public consumption for years.

New poster does not mean new to reading this board.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
You consistently make claims to muddy the water and take posts off topic and then fail to support those claims with evidence.

When called on it, you go full spin cycle and try to change the subject.

Back up your claims or stop making them.

Or, I’ll post what I want, and you can glide on by.

I don’t much care that you’re trying to deflect from your fan insulting post. It was unpopular and so your trying desperately to change the channel.

I also don’t mind playing with you a little dude, but it doesn’t change what you said.

Sensfan4life

Nov 2, 2019
Or, I’ll post what I want, and you can glide on by.

I don’t much care that you’re trying to deflect from your fan insulting post. It was unpopular and so your trying desperately to change the channel.

I don’t mind playing with you a little dude, but it doesn’t change what you said.
I clearly stated my position.

Sorry if you were able to grasp the difference between "fans who understand what is best for the team" and "real fans". I made no attempt to deflect, I simply want to show you your error. I stand by my position 100% You can be a real and passionate fan who grabs the marshmallow.

When you misrepresent my position, you will be called out on it.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I guess there will always be those who prefer the flashy high skilled players & teams like the Leafs (how is that working out for them) over a team of hard working middle tier players who never quit, are hard to play against & play a great team defence game that just happens to be doing very well these days. I guess it all depends on the kind of hockey people like to watch whether it's the high skill plays or the tough hard hitting game with a lot of action around the net.

I find that skilled teams with next to no tough players on it get pushed around & usually suck defensively (Leafs) & hope to win games with high scores. I find that tough teams tend to over power weaker teams & dominate them physically & can change momentum, create turnovers & get them making mistakes late in games. Tough teams tend to have more trouble scoring while skilled teams tend to have trouble preventing goals. It has to be a balance of players on the team that have high skill as well as having tough players who play well defensively & prevent getting overwhelmed physically. So far, I really like where Ottawa is going with their balance of good skilled big tough players that work hard, are difficult to play against & don't get pushed around. If you do everything else right than IMO the offence will come most of the time. The players we have are skilled & they do score goals, they just don't have that flashy dynamic skillset that so many people want to see, but since we have no choice over who plays on this team, I'm enjoying seeing these guys do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad