Pre-Game Talk: Game 23: Nov 23-CBC-Caps@Leafs-7PM- “Everyone is saying Grabo this & Grabo that..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
just win. I am really getting sick and tired of the back and forth Bernier vs Reimer talk. Once Reimer is gone (and he will be eventually) I will come back and taunt everyone who was complaining about our two headed monster. Whoever is net or whoever scores I really don't care!!! just win the game. I'll leave the bantering to the Reimer and Bernier fanboys #teamLeafs

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
Grabbo will score, guaranteed. Ex-leafs always score on us. Everyone knows this, yet, no one will be covering Grabbo when he scores. You would think our team has figured it out by now, but nope.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Good timing for Bozak to come back and play against Grabo. Looking forward to the advanced stats on these two for the game.:sarcasm:

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Grabo's going to be playing at another level tonight. A little worried about tonight.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
With Phaneuf and Gunnarsson focusing on the Backstrom/Ovechkin line Grabovski will be playing against our lesser defensemen. There's a good chance he'll get to pounce on some bad giveaways and with his skating and puckhandling he may be able to victimize a slower guy like Franson if he gets a chance.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Grabo vs Bozak scrap would be a dream come true.

You missed the Bozak interview yesterday, he showed his class by going out of his way in complimenting Grabo, said he was happy for him and also wished him well.

I am glad Nonis is keeping players with class, that are good teammates. It's a good reflection that the Leafs are a classy organization with classy players.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
You missed the Bozak interview yesterday, he showed his class by going out of his way in complimenting Grabo, said he was happy for him and also wished him well.

I am glad Nonis is keeping players with class, that are good teammates. It's a good reflection that the Leafs are a classy organization with classy players.

What does that have anything to do with him possibly fighting Grabovski?

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto

The only thing more ridiculous than dreaming about Bozak and Grabovski fighting is this post.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
What does that have anything to do with him possibly fighting Grabovski?

There is no ill will between the 2, if that was what the poster was inferring. Bolland and Kadri took Grabo's spot not Bozak.

~Water is wet.

Really do I really need to still explain this?

If anything, I would love to see Kadri and Grabo go, I'd put my money on Kadri. :)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The only thing more ridiculous than dreaming about Bozak and Grabovski fighting is this post.

Well that post did spark a discussion point, I'd love Kadri to give Grabo a good clean hit, flatten him, and then drop them with Grabo for all those post Carlyle comments. I would pay money to see this happen.

Kadri should be able to take the energizer bunny. And sticking up for his coach would endear him to Leafsnation forever.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I want Kadri to cleanly flatten Grabo, then say what are you looking at? And drop the gloves with Grabo tonight in a 5 mins major while putting an exclamation point our Coach was right in promoting Kadri for winning the #2C spot. This would be a dream for the dream tonight if it happened.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
There is no ill will between the 2, if that was what the poster was inferring. Bolland and Kadri took Grabo's spot not Bozak.

~Water is wet.

Really do I really need to still explain this?

If anything, I would love to see Kadri and Grabo go, I'd put my money on Kadri. :)

You don't have to have ill will towards someone to have a fight with him during the game. All personal feelings are out the door once players hit the ice. You can be my friend but once I'm across from you at the face-off dot you're my enemy.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Grabo isn't going to score but he will skate around in circles with the puck until Phaneuf levels him. After the game, people with bring up his Corsi numbers and talk about how well he possessed the puck.

4-1 Leafs, JVR with 2 and Lupul and Raymond with 1 apiece. Reimer is the Holy Jesus and will play accordingly.

GLG!

mikebel111*

We win but then people mention his puck control to rip on bozak

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
If you guys wanted to know our lines, here you go. If not, oh well.

Johansson-Backstrom-Ovechkin
Fehr-Grabovski-Brouwer
Chimera-Laich-Ward
Volpatti-Latta-Wilson

D is TBD, but the 6 are Alzner, Carlson, Green, Strachan/Oleksy, Schmidt, Urbom.

Grabo was promoted to the second line, and the "mystery scratch" for the last several weeks in Eric Fehr is actually playing. Grabo and Fehr are two of our most effective EV players, but Brouwer is terrible. The third line will likely do nothing now, though, as Laich is a black hole.

I would say good luck, but I don't want you to win. :P Here's to no injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA