Post-Game Talk: Game 23 - As the late, great Ned Martin would say MERCY!!!!!!!! - B's win it in OT - 5-4

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
The argument over being fair in the calling instead of having black and gold glasses on is a legitimate point that should be made and has been before.

Last night's game was the worst time to bring it up. That was a reffing disaster for both teams.

Can’t say it any better

Reactions: lopey

Orr Fourever

#Staysafe
Sponsor
Mar 27, 2018
The Wheat Province
The group had some bounces go their way finally. Krug channeling his inner Moses the way the ice parted in ot. Do we think it was a set play on Krugs ot goal? Yes, yes we do...

Reactions: lopey

aguineapig

Ritchie with a nice under the radar play again on DeBrusk goal. Beats everybody to the puck off the faceoff, drives the D back with speed, then follows the play down the boards. A-frames and holds off D until the support follows into the Zone. Finds Z at the point and low slapper results on tip in. No it's not Hall of Fame worthy, but he's far from a black hole.

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
Anyone else impressed that Zdeno Chara is on pace for 36 points with no powerplay time?

Certainly amazing. A guy at 42 with that size, should not be able to play such a fast game at his current level. Absolute workhorse, physically and mentally.

Looks like he reinvented his game to be able to mask his shortcomings (speed, quickness) and bring out his advantages (strength, reach, and experience) at his age to still play at a high level. No question he's a master of knowing himself, knowing what he can and can not do, and the game of hockey.

Reactions: BMC and Ivo

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
Ritchie with a nice under the radar play again on DeBrusk goal. Beats everybody to the puck off the faceoff, drives the D back with speed, then follows the play down the boards. A-frames and holds off D until the support follows into the Zone. Finds Z at the point and low slapper results on tip in. No it's not Hall of Fame worthy, but he's far from a black hole.

That was a very impressive move. Looked like he predicted that, and the first step burst of speed shocked me. That goal setup was all him.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I’m not saying this because of last night alone, because I’ve said it several times over the last month or so, but, if the first line is going to be on most power plays for 1:30 - 1:45, why not put Krejci out there with line 1 and Krug?

I don’t think it’s anecdotal when I say that DK has great chemistry, albeit in small samples, with all three guys on line 1.

IMO, it makes no sense not to have arguably, your 2nd most creative all around player on the power play as much as possible.

Last edited:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Clearly the NHL officiating needs to be held to a higher level of accountability then it has been; it is way to inconsistent. Well, unless you consider bad being consistent.

I was going to say does being consistently awful count? :dunno:

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I’m not saying this because of last night alone, because I’ve said it several times over the last month or so, but, if the first line is going to be on most power plays for 1:30 - 1:45, why not put Krejci out there with line 1 and Krug?

I don’t think it’s anecdotal when I say that DK has great chemistry, albeit in small samples, with all three guys on line 1.

IMO, it makes no sense to have arguably, your 2nd most creative all around player on the power play as much as possible.
I agree for the most part.

But I think that’s close to giving up on that second unit as DK is essentially quarterbacking there. It would make for an even better 1st unit but that takes almost all the hope from the second unit.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

But I think that’s close to giving up on that second unit as DK is essentially quarterbacking there. It would make for an even better 1st unit but that takes almost all the hope from the second unit.
Don't need a second unit if the first scores every time

W3a0zO282fuBpsqqyD.gif

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

I see that, but it seems like most of the time Krejci doesn’t step on the ice until there’s only 30-40 seconds left, usually during a scattered transition.

If PP 1 is going to get 1:30 - 1:40, I’d rather Krejci be on it.

Then send out 3 of Coyle, Heinen, DeBrusk, Bjork to finish it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad