Post-Game Talk: Game 23 - As the late, great Ned Martin would say MERCY!!!!!!!! - B's win it in OT - 5-4

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Dk will play halfboard or on the point. Do you really want DK in Debrusk or Heinen place in front of the net....
Do you want him in Pastrnak place? Would you remove Bergeron who gains 58% of each puck on the faceoff and is one of the best bumper guy! Then it comes down to Marchand and Krug.
I think as it is built the Boston PP is balance. Can be cerebral, dynamite and offensive punch.
DK at the end of games adds...positively. He is a heck of a player but right now first unit is as good as it can be.

100% honestly, I’d be fine if the PP had Krejci in front over anyone they have right now.

I think he’s too talented not to use for the bulk of the PP.

I’d have a much different opinion if the two units were splitting time more equally, but it seems like every single PP has the first PP out there for 1:30 minimum.

Reactions: BMC

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
100% honestly, I’d be fine if the PP had Krejci in front over anyone they have right now.

I’d have a much different opinion if the two units were splitting time more equally, but it seems like every single PP has the first PP out there for 1:30 minimum.
Well I disgree with you then. On one game i would be ok, but all the time, it just does not suit DK game to stand in front of the net.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Well I disgree with you then. On one game i would be ok, but all the time, it just does not suit DK game to stand in front of the net.

I get it, I just look at the way it's set up now with Heinen there.
(And this isn't an anti-Heinen thing --- I said the same thing when JDB was on the PP)

Is there anything Heinen does better than Krejci?

Neither is big or physical, they are about the same size, but DK is just a more gifted offensive player.

That's my thinking.

Now if they traded for a Kreider, I'd want him there due to his size/reach, etc.

Reactions: BRUINS since 1995

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
glad krug redeemed himself a the end, because i thought he was horrendous for the entire game. .. did anyone else notice that brucey is starting to trust that third line a little more!? love watching that line..

Reactions: lopey

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Look at Oilers #1 powerplay. I watch alot of their games and McDavid and Leon play the full 2 mins alot.Bruins and them are only 2 teams operating above 30%

Reactions: BRUINS since 1995

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Look at Oilers #1 powerplay. I watch alot of their games and McDavid and Leon play the full 2 mins alot.Bruins and them are only 2 teams operating above 30%

Makes sense and I don't even have a problem with that plan. I just feel like Krejci is wasted by not getting more PP time.

IMO whatever % they would be without him, it would be higher with him.

Let some combination of Coyle, Heinen, Debrusk, Bjork, Grizz, Clifton get the final 20 - 40 seconds, which typically are kind of scattered, since they usually only get on the ice if the puck isn't in the offensive zone.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
(And this isn't an anti-Heinen thing --- I said the same thing when JDB was on the PP)

Neither is big or physical, they are about the same size, but DK is just a more gifted offensive player.

That's my thinking.

Now if they traded for a Kreider, I'd want him there due to his size/reach, etc.

They have liked a left hand shot in that spot on the PP ever since the Reilly Smith and Carl Soderberg days. I think it's less about the talent and more about the handness. The PP flows along the boards of the half wall and then back to the point. Having a left shot allows the puck to travel quicker along the boards and away from stick traffic. Back when they first started primarily using a left shot there ( different coaches ), they used it for cross ice, backdoor opportunities for someone crashing the net. Now, i feel more like that spot is just for puck flow and digging rebounds.

Reactions: sarge88

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige

That's my thinking.

I hear you. But i don’t feel it is DK job to be in front of the net. Kreider in the Bruins sweater would be awesome.... and it would be his office for sure.

Reactions: sarge88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad