GDT: Game 23 - 11/24/2018 - Sabres @ Red Wings - 7 PM ET FS-D

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
Mantha with the terrible pass with Bertuzzi wide open in the slot. This team would score way more goals if they could just make routine plays

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
That play is perfectly reasonable to criticize no matter what kind of game a player is having. Decisions like these are a big part of why he's as successful as he is. Read: not very
I was referring more to his "legendary decisionmaking." That's going beyond that one play.

Not very? He has 6 goals this month and has been one of the Wings best players. Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Not very? He has 6 goals this month and has been one of the Wings best players. Do you have any idea what you're talking about?
Were you following Red Wings hockey before this season? I question if you have any idea what you're talking about. Like clearly you have just discovered this Andreas Athanasiou fellow, so maybe you should read about his career before this season and catch up a bit.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
Were you following Red Wings hockey before this season? I question if you have any idea what you're talking about. Like clearly you have just discovered this Andreas Athanasiou fellow, so maybe you should read about his career before this season and catch up a bit.
This post is so obtuse I'm not sure if you're actually being serious or emulating a character from the Simpsons.

Yes, I've been watching hockey since the 80s. Typically when I talk about a player's success I'm referring to their play during the current season rather than omitting their current play and only focusing on their questionable plays in the past.

As in, AA leads the team with 10 goals so far this season. So it seems odd to say he's not very successful.

Reactions: TheMule93
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
This post is so obtuse I'm not sure if you're actually being serious or emulating a character from the Simpsons.

Yes, I've been watching hockey since the 80s. Typically when I talk about a player's success I'm referring to their play during the current season rather than omitting their current play and only focusing on their questionable plays in the past.
Surely you'd agree that to make an assessment of one's decisionmaking, you need to look at how their decisionmaking has been in the past? And if one has made a lot of poor decisions in the past and makes a poor decision in the present, it may be appropriate to say, "there's that poor decisionmaking again!"

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
Surely you'd agree that to make an assessment of one's decisionmaking, you need to look at how their decisionmaking has been in the past? And if one has made a lot of poor decisions in the past and makes a poor decision in the present, it may be appropriate to say, "there's that poor decisionmaking again!"
No need to try and misdirect.

You stated that AA's poor decisionmaking has led him to be not very successful. He leads the team with 10 goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad