GDT: Game 22: Vegas Golden Knights @ Calgary Flames | 6:00PM | Please build on last gameapolooza

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Your a masochist too?
I just get so few chances to watch a whole game now that I felt like an asshole turning it off when I could watch it.

I'd prefer not to.

This is what I expected last season, the fact that it's coming after a Stanley Cup final just makes it hurt. I'd have likely enjoyed this game last season.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I just get so few chances to watch a whole game now that I felt like an ******* turning it off when I could watch it.

I'd prefer not to.

This is what I expected last season, the fact that it's coming after a Stanley Cup final just makes it hurt. I'd have likely enjoyed this game last season.
I probably wouldn't go so far to say enjoyed, but it would definitely have been a load more palatable

Reactions: Nevada Jones

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
200.gif

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
I want them to forget the score and give all they can in the third. Figure this as you are fighting for your roster spot. Need to produce.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Oh yeah, there was a third period on. We we're playing so crap I thought the game had already ended and ran away..... it's all lies I tells ya hahahaha.

But we did somehow get 2 goals, so there is that I guess.

I hereby move that this game be stricken from all records and it never be mentioned again under penalty of watching the first two period again and again for the rest of ones life.

Reactions: mundyc3

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
That was a rough game, even the Calgary fans stopped standing after the 4th goal. Hopefully the Knights can rebound against Arizona, especially now that Patches is finding his groove.

Reactions: hangman005

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Let this night be known as the first time in the history of the Golden Knights that @BattleBorn was pessimistic.

I’m usually a ray of sunshine that thinks they can pull some magic out of their asses, this year is harder than last year in that regard, but I think the hole is getting a little deep.

That being said, I’m still a believer in the law of attraction and very much encourage the fans to visualize what a four game win streak would feel like.

Just imagine today’s complete ass smash and reverse it and I think you’ll be close.

Still love these guys and I really wish they’d start winning again.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Let this night be known as the first time in the history of the Golden Knights that @BattleBorn was pessimistic.

I’m usually a ray of sunshine that thinks they can pull some magic out of their asses, this year is harder than last year in that regard, but I think the hole is getting a little deep.

That being said, I’m still a believer in the law of attraction and very much encourage the fans to visualize what a four game win streak would feel like.

Just imagine today’s complete ass smash and reverse it and I think you’ll be close.

Still love these guys and I really wish they’d start winning again.
You channel that pessimistic optimism, your going to need it. I hereby conscript you again... because god forbid we have another of LadyStanleys last minute threads.... her record is awful lol :scared:

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Starting to think it might help the team and Subban if he starts the first game of a back to back. It is not fair to Subban that he always has to deal with a Knights team with zero legs.

Reactions: BattleBorn

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
I miss Pickard. :biglaugh:

That was bad. Very. Even a generous helping of cold brew didn't make that one go down any easier. Heck, for the first time this season, I even wound up watching part of an NFL game. :(

I know this was something of a group effort (effortless?). But Malcolm? Why not ship him off to Chiraq? Or maybe Fort Wayne. :laugh: See if he can work things out, if even possible. I know Max and The Revolution (there's a band name!) haven't exactly been lights out, but Malcolm gives us zero chance to win when he's in goal.

Guess Max has the better numbers so far this season, and he carried us some last year when we were goalie disadvantaged, so why not give him another shot? Can't be any worse than Malcolm. And we have another back-to-back coming up later this week.

Hoping the VGKs bounce with Flower in net tomorrow vs the Yotes. Maybe 3 or 4 out of six on the road, not bad at all for this team. Then if we can win the two at home, things would look brighter. (Why am I being so optimistic suddenly? :laugh:) But we got to get Flower some help!

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I don't know if all of that was Malcolm. Sounds like a really poor defensive effort. But I wouldn't mind a more solid backup either.
I take issue with “a really poor defensive effort” it makes it sound like there was effort lol

The defence definitely was a big factor and despite what granger was saying Suban was not playing great.

It wasn’t all on him, but it wasn’t not at all on him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad