GDT: Game 22: Vegas Golden Knights @ Calgary Flames | 6:00PM | Please build on last gameapolooza

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
For sure not all on Malcolm. This team plays like crap collectively and individually more often than not. At least Flower can cover some of their mistakes and keep the team in the game.

In four starts this season, Malcolm is 0-4, 4.03 GAA and .859 SV%. And after coming back after injury last season, he wasn't much better. I doubt the team gets together pregame and agrees to play extra crappy when Malcolm is in goal. So what to do? Easier to replace one player than an entire team.

Not suggesting we have anyone as capable as Flower floating around the organization. If so, he would be here already. But we gotta make some changes, if even just for changes' sake. Keep hearing the same old, same old from players and coaches about having to play better, more consistency, blah, blah, blah. But nothing is changing. Not getting better.

I like Malcolm, and I hate to see him struggle so badly as he often has. Would like to see Max brought back up for a shot or even Dansk. What to lose? 10-2 instead of 7-2? :laugh:

Would also like to see Gallant do something other than giving the same "coach speak" time after time. Shake up the lines. Give some of the Wolves a shot. Unless management has already written this season off and is going back to the playoffs in 3, Cup in 5/6 plan. Then I would understand the reluctance to do anything.

Thinking now that as great as last season was, it may have actually disrupted the long-term plan and set the team back a bit.

Just rambling. :laugh:

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Reality is we just have to get a lot better on defense. You hit the nail on the head that there isn't another Flower floating around. I doubt there is even anyone much more capable than Subb floating around. The long term goalie answer will have to come the draft/develop route.

But we CAN improve the D through trades and we have some legit talent in the pipeline there. Unfortunately, defense has not been a trade focus at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad