Post-Game Talk: Game 22 - The Bears does a Sabredance thanks to Tuukka - BRUINS 3 Buffalo 2 F

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Just in.
Wow...talk about a highlight reel save :amazed: Tuukka was excellent tonight

The B's forgot the game stated at 7. Thankfully they woke up.

I love Marchand.

Me too

upload_2019-11-21_21-55-42.jpeg

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
We say at every game that that D pairing doesn't work.

They're inconsistent. I think there have been times when they've been good and they look like a pair of busy bees zipping around the D zone, chasing and wining the puck and providing pretty solid coverage of the D zone, and others where they start to look lost, their positioning, forechecking and passing are ordinary and they get pushed around.

It's probably to be expected as it's asking a lot of two pretty inexperienced youngsters to always have their game in order, often against bigger, tougher bodies. There's risk in having them together but I assume that Cassidy prefers 2 really strong pairs and 1 weaker one, rather than splitting them up and having 2 pairs that have a slightly less capable player on them.

Reactions: BMC

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Heinen did lots of little excellent things in this game, as usual. He's such an asset to the team, contributes at both ends, and does it despite being frequently thrown around the line-up. Glad he got a star, but I'm not sure how the Bruins get all 3 in a game where they were outworked and often outplayed, and the main reason they won in regulation was the stellar Tuukka Rask.

Still, sometimes when it's not quite clicking you just need to find a way, and they did. For once they were the team with the lower shot count and the timely goals. It's remarkable that they're now 22 games in and, despite having had more than their fair share of injuries, they've not lost a game by more than a goal except by giving up an empty-netter. They've been in every game right up until the final minutes. Such a great competitive mentality.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
14-3-5

Three regulation losses this far into the season? I'll take that. I certainly didn't expect it in the offseason but given the injuries that have happened so far, and how deep playoff run was last year for this team, I'd so far so good. That losing slide was something I anticipated at the beginning of the year, but they're back on course now

Reactions: Bocephus86

aguineapig

If I recall in his draft year, Danton 'little things" Heinen was not ranked on any of the major Scouting services. When they drafted him in 4th round I remember not being able to dig up any info on him. So B's scouting staff must have noticed a whole lot of little things that added up to him being selected. The way he breaks up plays and steals pucks I'll tell you what, I see him on the T I'm keeping my hand on my wallet.And with that blond hair and Nordic look, I would like an Ancestry DNA test done please. There must be a P.J. gene in there somewhere.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
love the third line.. they got hemmed in once for a really long time, but it was only because of a rare turnover from gryz .. would love them to get rewarded for all their hard work as of late..

Reactions: BMC

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I love a win like that for a variety of reasons.

they didn’t have their best stuff by any stretch of the imagination and they still won the game. That’s what great teams do. Bend don’t break

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
also side note.. i feel like lindholm doesnt get much respect but that guy is always in the right spot defensively and shows 1 or 2 high skilled plays in the offensive zone. i think he was a good signing..
-and lastly , what are those hats that all the guys are wearing in post game interviews? can tell if its a tree/arrow/bruins related or just hockey related?

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
love the third line.. they got hemmed in once for a really long time, but it was only because of a rare turnover from gryz .. would love them to get rewarded for all their hard work as of late..
Sorry it's hard to keep track as I didn't watch last night.

Who was on that line?

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Not a masterpiece but a win. Tuukka, Heinen and Marchand were stellar tonight. Rest of the team was off IMO, but it happens in a long season.

Oh by the way the Leafs won so the parade is back on!!

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
Sorry it's hard to keep track as I didn't watch last night.

Who was on that line?
sorry should specify with brucey's line fluctuations.. but i really enjoy the heinen-coyle-bjork line they were possesion monsters last night.. i think once they figure out where to get a little more space out in front to get their shots off , we will start to see some more points pile up

Reactions: BMC and lopey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad