GDT: Game 22: SHARKS @ HABS Nov 29, 2022 – 7:00PM ET. TSN2, RDS, NBCSCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I like Kova but there is no reason for him to play over Xhekaj
Two letters- RD

With arber’s gone my interest for this game is low. Better loose that game.

We’re a better team when Xhekaj is in the lineup.
I know Harris needs to play but MSL eventually has to realize that Xhekaj makes the line up better. You weaken the team when you sit #72.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I understand why you insert Harris. No issues but I also think the Habs are a better team with Arber in the line up
They sat down Arber again...Watch them getting bossed around again.

They need to trade some vets. You can't have the kids sit like this for some useless vets.

It's ok
8 healthy D
Rotation of the rookies
Everything is fine
Xhekaj will not suffer from this
He won't but his teammates (like Harris) will. When the Sheriff is not in town, the thugs rule.

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013
A lot of fans are not happy, incuding me, of Xhekaj not playing, it's tough to play a western team without a physical guy like Xhekaj, i think we will lose, Xhekaj is that important, MSL hasn't figured that out yet i guess.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
A lot of fans are not happy, incuding me, of Xhekaj not playing, it's tough to play a western team without a physical guy like Xhekaj, i think we will lose, Xhekaj is that important, MSL hasn't figured that out yet i guess.

Based on what you said, I don't think you understand MSL approach this season. He is also looking after Harris and Kova as well.

Unless you think MSL thinks we are making the playoffs?

BTW, The Sharks have almost half their roster under 200 lbs.

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013
Based on what you said, I don't think you understand MSL approach this season. He is also looking after Harris and Kova as well.

Unless you think MSL thinks we are making the playoffs?

BTW, The Sharks have almost half their roster under 200 lbs.
Well, we could the playoffs, and if we can, why not.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Well, we could the playoffs, and if we can, why not.

They are more focused on growth from the youth and Harris/Kova need to play too. Sitting Xhekaj is not something I like either but I'm not going to give MSL a hard time for it. He has the team playing well and youth are improving. That's the number 1 goal this season.

We are not making the playoffs. Too many good teams to leap frog.

Reactions: Paddy17

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013
They are more focused on growth from the youth and Harris/Kova need to play too. Sitting Xhekaj is not something I like either but I'm not going to give MSL a hard time for it. He has the team playing well and youth are improving. That's the number 1 goal this season.

We are not making the playoffs. Too many good teams to leap frog.
Well, i don't want to see another Buffalo game tonight.

Reactions: Cournoyer12

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Well, i don't want to see another Buffalo game tonight.

I'm not shooting for the playoffs so it don't matter to me too much. I do value Xhekaj on the ice and totally know what you are saying though. However, MSL has Harris and Kova to look after too.

I would question Ducharme but not MSL. He clearly knows what he is doing

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
I should have read the rest of the thread & just said “ditto”

Dam Son - thanks 4 GDT

I think we ice a better team with Jackeye & Harris. Maybe someone is under the weather or just needs a rest? I like Kovo, but I’d prefer we dress our 3 young D.

Last edited:
Reactions: Conflicted Habs fan

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
Edmundson and Matheson need to work the rust off, and it isn't going to hurt the rookies to sit a couple of games and let the bruises heal. Looking at the stats it is going to be a challenge against this team no matter their record and the rest of the team needs to stand up without Xhekaj.

Reactions: Redux91

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Edmundson and Matheson need to work the rust off, and it isn't going to hurt the rookies to sit a couple of games and let the bruises heal. Looking at the stats it is going to be a challenge against this team no matter their record and the rest of the team needs to stand up without Xhekaj.
It's not going to hurt the rookie. it's going to hurt the team.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I should have read the rest of the thread & just said “ditto”

Dam Son - thanks 4 GDT

I think we ice a better team with Jackeye & Harris. Maybe someone is under the weather or just needs a rest? I like Kovo, but I’d prefer we dress our 3 young D.
Not dressing Kovacevic means having only 1 RD, Savard.

Jul 6, 2016
Two letters- RD

I know Harris needs to play but MSL eventually has to realize that Xhekaj makes the line up better. You weaken the team when you sit #72.
MSL role is to develop the youngsters... not win every game.

It's not going to hurt the rookie. it's going to hurt the team.
Habs brass have very low expectations for this year. They are already (badly) surprised that the team is doing so well this season.

Reactions: SlafySZN

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Relying on one guy to make your team tough is bound to fail and if the team can't handle it, they will lose. Lesson learned.
I think it's not so much the tough part... it's the "better" part. With Xman in the lineup the team is better. He plays solid game, make solid plays and on occasion may deter some liberties. I agree that overall, this team up front, is still a bunch of creampuffs and Xman cannot be there to answer ever dirty play and every rough-up against Habs forwards. But generally, overall... his PLAY makes the team better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad