GDT: Game 22: Preds @ Maple Leafs | 6:00 PM CST | Fox SportsSouth

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
it can't last… west teams eventually have to start playing each other….

Colorado is currently the #8 seed and they are on pace for 108 points…. that just can't hold up

You have to remember that things are different now that the west is playing all the east teams twice. That is now 28 games vs the east instead of 15. No way can the top teams keep up the pace I agree but if the west keeps beating up the east the point totals are going to be a lot higher then have been in the past.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
You have to remember that things are different now that the west is playing all the east teams twice. That is now 28 games vs the east instead of 15. No way can the top teams keep up the pace I agree but if the west keeps beating up the east the point totals are going to be a lot higher then have been in the past.

... and Colorado already has 11 games against the East. Minnesota has 13.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Last 5 days- back to back to back wins over Blackhawks, Red wings, and Leafs, pretty much in dominating fashion- who saw that coming???

11-9-2 with all the issues we've had, against an unbelievably tough schedule- not bad at all.

And now we get 6 of the next 7 at home- maybe we can make a run.

It may be tough to make the playoffs because of the incredible toughness of the West, but we still have a chance to be a pretty good team

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
he is just now recovering from the embarrassment of missing that one. we are the worst in the NHL at empty nets

Unless you're david legwand in the playoffs. :yo:

Had a great time tonight. Went into the game with a more neutral mindset considering the circumstances. Decided to get plastered instead. There was a spattering of preds fans in attendance. A few more than I remember last time. Coming out of the woodwork!

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
Unless you're david legwand in the playoffs. :yo:

Had a great time tonight. Went into the game with a more neutral mindset considering the circumstances. Decided to get plastered instead. There was a spattering of preds fans in attendance. A few more than I remember last time. Coming out of the woodwork!

That's awesome! Glad you had a good time. Some of the fans you saw may have been Clune's crew. They said he had between 60-80 family and friends there. Meanwhile I got thread banned from the Leafs GDT. :shakehead

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
lol wut did you do?

nothing much really. I was in there until midway through the 2nd and going back and forth with no problems. Until one poster kept repeating about the Preds diving and getting cheap power plays. I just said that I now know who to ignore on their board and poof, I was gone.

mod said I was stirring the pot and trolling. No proof was provided though because I was not doing either.

You

Jul 1, 2010
Mitch Korn is headlining Bridgestone? What can't the man do?

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Great job Preds!! Cullen is 1st star on nhl.com. (They could have easily given Smith a star as well with 2g1a instead of giving it to Toews with only 1g2a.:p:)

In the first period when Bernier made that save on Cullen and then the Leafs got a goal, I thought it was going to be another one of those games. Thankfully Preds turned it around!

Smith is playing very well lately!

See what happens when they just take a shot! Some nice and some flukey goals.

Jones, Cullen, Smith, Wilson with 10/12 points tonight! 'Merica! :yo: :naughty:

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
So, Cullen gets 2nd star of the game, but 1st star of the night on NHL.com. Um...OK. Whatevs. Congrats Cullen! :yo:

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
I hate to keep speaking on byrds behalf, but he's a preds fan.. I suspect he's enjoying the Preds win and as far as Smith I imagine he's thinking "about dam time"

No offense, but that's a cop out for someone who loudly proclaimed Smith had no place being in the NHL and would be back in the AHL within a few years.

Now, I'm not saying Smith is the second coming of anyone, but he's second on the team in points, has some of the best hands on the team and shows no signs of going anywhere IMHO.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
No offense, but that's a cop out for someone who loudly proclaimed Smith had no place being in the NHL and would be back in the AHL within a few years.

Now, I'm not saying Smith is the second coming of anyone, but he's second on the team in points, has some of the best hands on the team and shows no signs of going anywhere IMHO.

Knowing him, If Smith plays well all year, he would gladly eat crow.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Knowing him, If Smith plays well all year, he would gladly eat crow.

I'll agree to this. Not only would he eat it, but he would share with whoever wanted some, and it would be the best damn crow anyone here has ever had. (I miss your pizza, Byrddog!!)

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Went to take a look at the leafs GDT. They had 38 pages (almost 1,000) posts before start of the 3rd period. The job in Toronto was well done. Go Preds!!

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
This is only the second time in franchise history that the Preds have faced four consecutive (and different) Original Six teams. The only other time was in the infamous month of March, 2002. After starting with a 5-1 at the GEC against Montreal on the 23rd, Nashville tied the Wings 3-3 on the 25th. Then, on the 27th, the Hawks beat the Preds 4-1 at the UC, and the next night registered a 3-3 tie again at the Joe in Detroit.

The last time, of course, that the Preds played four consecutive games against any one O6 team was the 2012 Western Conference Quarterfinals against Detroit. Nashville won three out of the last four games to take the series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad