Pre-Game Talk: Game 22: November 21 - Leaf TV - Perds @ Leafs - Return of Nathan Kadri!

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamle

Nov 13, 2013
Going to be a hard game. Nashville is doing it right right now and we shall be ready. Overtime is close I think. 1-1 or 2-2 results will do. Move on from there. It's difficult to get pucks behind ether goalie right now. We'll get some though. Carlyle that good. He's like alexander the great in my mind. He came in, changed the NHL and Toronto. He brought back that old school game where there can be two or three enforcers in the lineup in every game. That there is still a very amazing accomplishment to me. Really amazing. Everybody here I'm sure remembers when we had the line Brown - McLaren - Orr at times last season.

Incredible ****in **** right there. Carlyle is the biggest hard ass of them all to me. What an old school, real coot. I mean.. does carlyle always have hard game on his mind or is he like the biggest grey beard bold ******* of all time...? Always that hard heavey game on his mind. He must be thinking all the time that nobody can touch me or my soldiers. And if they do............

Just wow. I'm never getting over Randy Carlyle and him bringing back that identity to our organization and in the NHL. Never getting over that.
^ Carlyle himself may have to disagree on some points there. :laugh:

Center Ice Scrum*

Aug 20, 2010
The World Wide Web
Well I just posted the practice lines, so seems like you thought like Carlyle did.

Haha, some of the other posters on the Leafs boards aren't so kind. This seemed like the most logical choice of lineup though. Shelter Holland, let Kadri take care of the top line (all he needs to do is free up JVR and Kessel for their rushes) and leave smith with Clarky and Lupul.

I don't know why people want a skilled center like Smith rotting away failing on the 4th line. Would you put Kadri on the 4th line and expect him to produce?

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
JVR - Kadri - Kessel
Lupul - Smith - Clarkson
MayRay - Holland - Kulemin
McClement - Smithson - Orr
Ashton - Mclaren

Considering we don't have Bozak or Bolland, I like this lineup A LOT
I like these lines. I hope Holland can outplay Smith going forward since he's younger and would be more valuable for the future.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
A scary thought
We give up 35 shots per
And we block tons of shots
So that's like 50-60 attempted shots per game?

Last edited:

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
I just a scary thought
We give up 35 shots per
And we block tons of shots
So that's like 50-60 attempted shots per game?

Go check the stats on how many blocked shots we have against us or how many shots have missed due to hitting a stick or something.

It's not as bad as people make it seem.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I dont think Don Cherry has never pronounced a name properly other than Bobby Orr.

Last edited:

mikebel111*

Because a) he won last game and b) he has an amazing record against them.

You have been doing this even when riemer won last game, and than has a great record against team

Yet u always say to start bernier

leafstilldeath*

JVR - Kadri - Kessel
Lupul - Smith - Clarkson
MayRay - Holland - Kulemin
McClement - Smithson - Orr
Ashton - Mclaren

Considering we don't have Bozak or Bolland, I like this lineup A LOT

Given how Carlyle's brain functions it might be:

JVR-Holland-Kessel
Lupul-Smith-Clarkson
MayRay-McClement-Kuliemin
Ashon/McLaren-Kadri-Orr

FYI Kadri has been made to play on the 4th line by Mr. Carlyle in the past

leafstilldeath*

Hennytweets: Kadri between jvr and kessel. Holland goes between kulemin and raymond. Mcclement goes to the 4th line as mcclaren is an extra.

Nope don't like it. McClement between Ray and Kuli was beastly. Defensively GREAT and good offensive chances

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
Nope don't like it. McClement between Ray and Kuli was beastly. Defensively GREAT and good offensive chances
Great.. so you like the line that did the most last game the least. Either way, we're missing 2/3 top 6 forwards still. The lines will continue to change until we're healthy.

mikebel111*

Given how Carlyle's brain functions it might be:

JVR-Holland-Kessel
Lupul-Smith-Clarkson
MayRay-McClement-Kuliemin
Ashon/McLaren-Kadri-Orr

FYI Kadri has been made to play on the 4th line by Mr. Carlyle in the past

Wats ur issue? He dropped kadri because of lack of play
U just rip on him it seems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad