GDT: Game #22 - Mirror Image Game - Toronna @ Your CBJ 11-23-18

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I agree with you . And No offense , but do we have any other centers than Dubois ? There’s a huugggge difference between Dubois and Wennberg. Dubois is visible on nearly every shift , I could go to a game and not notice Wennberg was on the ice , most games . Still praying for a Wennberg/ Duchene Trade :D
Duchene is a cancer. I don't want him anywhere near Columbus (unless its in Pittsburgh)

major major

Feb 18, 2013
If you want to see a particularly 'environmentally dirty' city, Pittsburgh isn't it anymore. Ohio factory farm country is actually more polluted, and both of those places are pristine compared to the disaster in Artemi's favorite state - Florida. You can take a break and enjoy the beach, but only for a few minutes before the air from the red tide burns your lungs.

Reactions: Halfboard

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Well good morning Maylo! So you live in Moscow? Do you just get up to watch around 4AM? And what proportion of NHL games have Russian broadcasts?
Yes, live in Moscow but in Bob's hometown now. So 7 am. Depends on the channel, i watch on cable so Washington and Tampa get a major show and West coast games too, because they start in watchable time here. This is 3rd time Jackets were on TV this season. Home opener, against Hawks were 2 other showings.

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
If you want to see a particularly 'environmentally dirty' city, Pittsburgh isn't it anymore. Ohio factory farm country is actually more polluted, and both of those places are pristine compared to the disaster in Artemi's favorite state - Florida. You can take a break and enjoy the beach, but only for a few minutes before the air from the red tide burns your lungs.
As much as I hate their sports teams, the city is quite nice these days. They've done an amazing job turning things around over there.

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Yes, live in Moscow but in Bob's hometown now. So 7 am. Depends on the channel, i watch on cable so Washington and Tampa get a major show and West coast games too, because they start in watchable time here. This is 3rd time Jackets were on TV this season. Home opener, against Hawks were 2 other showings.
It's great anytime to have you aboard!

major major

Feb 18, 2013

You're in Novokuznetsk? On business? I'm curious what kind of city it is.

You don't need to answer everything, I'm always curious.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Any leafs fans check in tonight ? Clearly they will be the team to beat in the east, in all seriousness. I mean they ice that team, and still have Matthews, and possibly Nylander coming back:help:

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I think he's an outstanding PKer but nothing special defensively at 5v5. Cam was piling up minuses in October.

No, the Leafs just go to the net a lot. Under pressure Bob tosses his stick on purpose because it slows him down.
Rules question if you know. What if Bob dropped his stick at it landed parallel with the goal line and kept a puck from going in? Is there some penalty ramification or just bad luck to the shooting team?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Rules question if you know. What if Bob dropped his stick at it landed parallel with the goal line and kept a puck from going in? Is there some penalty ramification or just bad luck to the shooting team?

As far as I know there's no penalty unless it's deemed an intentional throwing of the stick in the direction of the puck, which is a penalty shot. And the refs currently don't judge any of the times goalies drop the stick to be intentional. It's kind of uncharted territory with Bob doing it so often.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Wennberg wasn't the answer, but that was also more than a year ago. I like Wenny's mindset right now, so it wouldn't be a bad time to try it for a game or two. He will have to shoot though, Panarin is too well covered to be a triggerman. Dubois and Atkinson have shown that they can create without Panarin so I'm curious about other combos. Another option is that we would get to see a Dubinsky Dubois Duclair line. :DD
What about Panarin-Wennberg-Duclair

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

major major

Feb 18, 2013
What about Panarin-Wennberg-Duclair

I'd be curious to see that too.

And Duclair - Dubois - Atkinson was dynamite when Artemi was sick, I'd most prefer to try that trio again. If it's me making lines I'd give this a shot for a couple games:

Panarin - Wennberg - Foligno
Duclair - Dubois - Atkinson
Dubinsky - Jenner - Anderson
Hannikainen - Dalpe - Bjorkstrand

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Wennberg has ONE goal in 23 games and people want to promote him to the top line ???????? Yeah that just makes so much sense. As long as we are promoting guys who don't produce, let's recall Milano and have him and Bjork join Pooh on the top line. And I was coming to this board in such a good mood after that solid win last nite. Heck, why Wennberg, let's promote Nash he hasn't scored any goals.

Reactions: The Bread Man

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I would touch the first line at all. Bring up Dalpe and sit Nash a couple of games in the press box. Our style of play doesn't match his regimented approach to the game.

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I've only seen him drop the stick in the opposite direction before he move laterally. Sort of like a cyclist throwing away water bottles so they can pick up speed.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
The CBJ will be Playing the unwashed, toothless, hillbillies from Pittsburgh tomorrow night after the Buckeyes steal the souls of the overconfident Wolverines. What a time to be alive.

Pleasantly surprised there were a few “we don’t give a damn” chants and game ops supporting the Bucks during the game last night. Unite the city!

Reactions: JacketFanInFL

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Wennberg has ONE goal in 23 games and people want to promote him to the top line ???????? Yeah that just makes so much sense. As long as we are promoting guys who don't produce, let's recall Milano and have him and Bjork join Pooh on the top line. And I was coming to this board in such a good mood after that solid win last nite. Heck, why Wennberg, let's promote Nash he hasn't scored any goals.

Sorry to ruin your mood. :sarcasm:

In this concept the Duclair-Dubois-Atkinson combo might actually be the best line, Panarin's line is just listed first because he's the best and will draw the attention. The idea is to spread the scoring and get Panarin some passers. Sorry it doesn't punish Wennberg as much as you'd like. For the record, he's second on the team in primary assists so "not producing" doesn't apply to him unless you are using some caveman goals only definition.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Sorry to ruin your mood. :sarcasm:

In this concept the Duclair-Dubois-Atkinson combo might actually be the best line, Panarin's line is just listed first because he's the best and will draw the attention. The idea is to spread the scoring and get Panarin some passers. Sorry it doesn't punish Wennberg as much as you'd like. For the record, he's second on the team in primary assists so "not producing" doesn't apply to him unless you are using some caveman goals only definition.
Wennberg doesn’t drive a play, nor is he good at possessing the puck , nor does he draw defenders to him, as he’s 0 threat to shoot the puck . This thread has veered into madness .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad