GDT: Game #22 - Mirror Image Game - Toronna @ Your CBJ 11-23-18

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Werenski made some noticeable good defensive plays. Wennberg made a few strong plays as well. Anderson and Cam just worked really hard. Cam especially kept his feet moving when he was on the ice.

Toronto is impressive and really well coached. Their spacing is so good.

Last edited:

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Glad they got the split. Also glad they didn't crumble after giving up another 2 goal lead to the Leafs. Not sure what I wanted more, an Anderson hatty or Panarin ending his scoreless drought. Both were so close!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So, yeah, didn't see much of this game 'cause I was kind of distracted by nieces and nephews, but what bits I did see looked really good. Nice to get the win back. :nod:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I’m thinking he deserves some serious Selke consideration this year.

I think he's an outstanding PKer but nothing special defensively at 5v5. Cam was piling up minuses in October.

Now it's four. Did Toronto put grease on his stick?

No, the Leafs just go to the net a lot. Under pressure Bob tosses his stick on purpose because it slows him down.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Andersen won the game for the Leafs earlier in the week, but lost this one for them. 3 of the 4 goals came off of bad rebounds.

Jackets were struggling at exiting the zone earlier in the game, but other than that it was a great defensive performance. All of the D looked good and Murray, Jones, and Werenski were making great defensive plays over and over again. Great to see Werenski step up like that.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I think he's an outstanding PKer but nothing special defensively at 5v5. Cam was piling up minuses in October.

No, the Leafs just go to the net a lot. Under pressure Bob tosses his stick on purpose because it slows him down.
Agree on first point. Expand on second point if you would.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Panarin has me cracking up. He's really frustrated with his goal drought, starting to play selfishly and not using his linemates. And trying to take credit for a goal over Hannikainen? I suppose Hanni had scored more recently.

In fairness to Artemi, Dubois was not passing well tonight, not shooting well either. And he's not a great passer in general. I'd consider breaking up that line for a bit, but it's a tough call because their collective output certainly hasn't been an issue.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
It's freaking suuuuuuuuucks you can't enjoy the sound of crowd because of RiMEHr!!! Ughhhh.

giphy.gif

Reactions: MoeBartoli

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Agree on first point. Expand on second point if you would.

Bob has been releasing his stick for a while now anytime he needs to make a huge side to side push. The stick slows down the push. It's something I presume is very intentional and practiced. I've seen him lose the stick more and more when he's just under pressure with loose pucks in the crease - perhaps Bob is subconsciously preparing to move, I don't know. I don't know if it's intentional, but it's functional. Some goalies will get pulled out of position when their sticks get caught in the melee, so it's good that Bob doesn't hold on too tight in those situations.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
The CBJ will be Playing the unwashed, toothless, hillbillies from Pittsburgh tomorrow night after the Buckeyes steal the souls of the overconfident Wolverines. What a time to be alive.

Strong words from someone living in a cow town. :sarcasm:

EDIT: Actually you are in FLA. I have nothing to say now. :laugh:

Jackets will steamroll the Pens if the Pens play like they have most of the season.

Reactions: JacketFanInFL

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Panarin has me cracking up. He's really frustrated with his goal drought, starting to play selfishly and not using his linemates. And trying to take credit for a goal over Hannikainen? I suppose Hanni had scored more recently.

In fairness to Artemi, Dubois was not passing well tonight, not shooting well either. And he's not a great passer in general. I'd consider breaking up that line for a bit, but it's a tough call because their collective output certainly hasn't been an issue.
While I'm not sure Bread benefits greatly from Dubois, (although he gains assists thru PLD's goals), PLD greatly benefits from Bread. Wennberg wasn't the answer initially; has that changed now? No other center seems close to an answer.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
It's freaking suuuuuuuuucks you can't enjoy the sound of crowd because of RiMEHr!!! Ughhhh.

giphy.gif

Are you watching on a computer? Just use the away feed. I don't mind Rimer that much, but I only use FSO feed like every third game.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL

Jackets will steamroll the Pens if the Pens play like they have most of the season.

Florida is more trailer trash than hillbillies, and we have our fair share of them.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
While I'm not sure Bread benefits greatly from Dubois, (although he gains assists thru PLD's goals), PLD greatly benefits from Bread. Wennberg wasn't the answer initially; has that changed now? No other center seems close to an answer.

Wennberg wasn't the answer, but that was also more than a year ago. I like Wenny's mindset right now, so it wouldn't be a bad time to try it for a game or two. He will have to shoot though, Panarin is too well covered to be a triggerman. Dubois and Atkinson have shown that they can create without Panarin so I'm curious about other combos. Another option is that we would get to see a Dubinsky Dubois Duclair line. :DD

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Are you watching on a computer? Just use the away feed. I don't mind Rimer that much, but I only use FSO feed like every third game.
This game is on TV with russian commentary but i'm watching on mute, it's too early here :D But if you want to re-watch a goal on NHL.com and to hear the crowd it's with riMEHr $%^#$%(^%^!!!!!

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Andersen won the game for the Leafs earlier in the week, but lost this one for them. 3 of the 4 goals came off of bad rebounds.

Jackets were struggling at exiting the zone earlier in the game, but other than that it was a great defensive performance. All of the D looked good and Murray, Jones, and Werenski were making great defensive plays over and over again. Great to see Werenski step up like that.

I've come to think it's a given that Jones and Murray will make strong defensive plays. It was good to see Werenski do the same.

Reactions: major major

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017

But it's nothing next to a guy from miner town in Korkino calling Pittsburgh environmentally dirty. :D

Reactions: major major

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I agree with you . And No offense , but do we have any other centers than Dubois ? There’s a huugggge difference between Dubois and Wennberg. Dubois is visible on nearly every shift , I could go to a game and not notice Wennberg was on the ice , most games . Still praying for a Wennberg/ Duchene Trade :D

major major

Feb 18, 2013
This game is on TV with russian commentary but i'm watching on mute, it's too early here :D But if you want to re-watch a goal on NHL.com and to hear the crowd it's with riMEHr $%^#$%(^%^!!!!!

Well good morning Maylo! So you live in Moscow? Do you just get up to watch around 4AM? And what proportion of NHL games have Russian broadcasts?

But it's nothing next to a guy from miner town in Korkino calling Pittsburgh environmentally dirty. :D

That was golden. :laugh: Pittsburgh is not particularly dirty anymore, I imagine it's cleaner than all big Urals cities?

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Werenski made some noticeable good defensive plays. Wennberg made a few strong plays as well. Anderson and Cam just worked really hard. Cam especially kept his feet moving when he was on the ice.

Toronto is impressive and really well coached. Their spacing is so good.
And they are much better at passing the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad