Pre-Game Talk: Game 22: Maple Leafs @ Penguins, Wednesday, November 26, SNET, SN590

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
Henny tweeted that Booth and Lupul are on the wings of Smith tonight.

This suggests Panik will be scratched? Leivo sent down but someone has to sit out, so is either Panik or ....Kadri? Don't think it'll be him but you never know with this team.

Easing the injured guys back in I guess, but I expect Lupul at the very least to start playing more as the game goes on assuming he's feeling good.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
I think the Leafs settle in with the following:

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Santorelli
Komorov-Holland-Clarkson
Winnik-Smith-Booth

Until Lupul gets hurt again or Booth struggles enough to insert Panik back into the lineup.

I like this as well.

With everyone healthy, Panik/Smith/Booth share 2 fourth line jobs. I think Winnik deserves to stay in the lineup based on play so far.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
I dunno if any of you guys listen to "HOCKEY CENTRAL AT NOON", but it's horrible. You got Doug MacLean yelling at Kypreos, Kypreos trying to put a sentence together, and smug ******* Millard.

I love listening to sports radio, especially about hockey, but this show is complete garbage.

Do we beat the Pens? I'm not putting money on it.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Here are the projected lineups:

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2014020328&navid=DL|TOR|home

MAPLE LEAFS

James van Riemsdyk – Tyler Bozak – Phil Kessel

Leo Komarov – Nazem Kadri – Mike Santorelli

Daniel Winnik – Peter Holland – David Clarkson

David Booth – Trevor Smith – Joffrey Lupul

Dion Phaneuf – Cody Franson

Jake Gardiner – Korbinian Holzer

Morgan Rielly – Stephane Robidas

Jonathan Bernier

James Reimer

Scratched: Carter Ashton, Matt Frattin, Richard Panik

Injured: David Booth (broken foot), Brandon Kozun (high ankle sprain), Joffrey Lupul (broken hand), Roman Polak (knee)

PENGUINS

Nick Spaling – Sidney Crosby – Patric Hornqvist

Chris Kunitz – Evgeni Malkin – Blake Comeau

Steve Downie – Brandon Sutter – Jayson Megna

Zach Sill – Marcel Goc – Craig Adams

Paul Martin – Kris Letang

Olli Maatta – Christian Ehrhoff

Rob Scuderi – Simon Despres

Marc-Andre Fleury

Thomas Greiss

Scratched: Robert Bortuzzo

Injured: Pascal Dupuis (blood clot), Beau Bennett (lower body)

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
I know most teams can say this but, imagine combining our wingers with Pitts centers. Looking at the two line ups it's like these teams need to merge.

Kunitz-Crosby-Kessel
JVR-Malkin-Hornqvist
Lupul-Kadri-Santorelli
Some sort of mix of: Komarov, Clarkson, Sutter, Downie, Spaling

Ok back to reality. GO LEAFS GO. Big game tonight, long lay off hopefully they don't lay an egg like they usually do after long breaks. Hopefully they don't also continue their trend of: mini winning streak, **** the bed royally, mini winning streak, ******** the bed tonight. Keep it up.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
With everyone healthy, Panik/Smith/Booth share 2 fourth line jobs. I think Winnik deserves to stay in the lineup based on play so far.

Yes, but unfortunately to me he hasn't looked the same since that scary head-first fall incident.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
That Line-up is very different.

Booth/Smith/Lupul 4th Line

The injury status shows David Booth (broken foot) and Joffrey Lupul (broken hand) but both are in the line-up?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I dunno if any of you guys listen to "HOCKEY CENTRAL AT NOON", but it's horrible. You got Doug MacLean yelling at Kypreos, Kypreos trying to put a sentence together, and smug ******* Millard.

I love listening to sports radio, especially about hockey, but this show is complete garbage.

Do we beat the Pens? I'm not putting money on it.

Leafs lunch.
they're funny, and sometimes go off the rails, but sooo much better than Hockey Central @ Noon

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Leafs lunch.
they're funny, and sometimes go off the rails, but sooo much better than Hockey Central @ Noon

Last week, the day after the "snub", for the first time in a while I was listening to HC @ noon, since my commute to work now consists of a walk across the road.

They led off with Friedman and Cox interviewing Jim Nill about the Spezza contract, I found it refreshing that they weren't discussing the manufactured story of the day. I guess it was just an exception to the norm which is Kypreos yelling and MacLean "not buying it". MacLean appears to bring out the worst in other personalities. Kypreos can be tolerable when he isn't in a shouting match with MacLean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad