GDT: [Game #22] Dallas Stars vs Arizona Coyotes - 7:30 PM CT (BS-SW)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If Peterson-Benn-Radulov turns into a consistant second line that'd be nice. Now the only question on skaters remaining is what to do with Seguin ? Raffl-Seguin-Gurianov or something with Kiviranta-Faksa-Glendening as 4th line ?

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Peterson is gonna be a really interesting player to watch develop throughout this season. Not sure what his potential is, maybe a 20+20 guy which would be great

Definitely more offense there than we are seeing from him. He is super skilled and creative with the puck, and I think things are really starting to slow down with him with every passing game

Don't think the Peterson-Benn-Radulov line was even attempted before tonight. Could be an interesting one. We will see if it was a one game fluke or not for the trio, but Peterson and Radulov have always looked pretty good together going back to preseason

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Peterson is gonna be a really interesting player to watch develop throughout this season. Not sure what his potential is, maybe a 20+20 guy which would be great

Definitely more offense there than we are seeing from him. He is super skilled and creative with the puck, and I think things are really starting to slow down with him with every passing game

Don't think the Peterson-Benn-Radulov line was even attempted before tonight. Could be an interesting one. We will see if it was a one game fluke or not for the trio, but Peterson and Radulov have always looked pretty good together going back to preseason
Peterson is in a place where he can contribute if put with the right players but he’s yet to turn the page and have that explosive hunger for the puck . He looks a lot like Roope in his first year . He’s just lacking that explosiveness .

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Which is why I am concerned when we're going to be on the road.

I haven't been able to watch very much over the last couple of weeks, but I'm going to go ahead and say that unless secondary picking scores up, that having these guys carry this much load is unsustainable. I was thinking about it, and even if you expected a goal per game from that line, that would all make them ~27 goal scorers for the season. That isn't insane, but I think it's a lot to ask. Over the course of 8 games, the line is averaging 2.6 goals a game, a 71 goal pace for each of them. Hot streaks happen and there's nothing wrong with that, but the secondary scoring is pretty pathetic, so it needs to pick up a lot for the team to look viable over the season. None of this even factors in that Oettinger has a ridiculous GAA on top of it. I can't remember who said this was a one line team, but yeah, I think that's about right.

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
No word on the return of Roussel for the first time since he left the Stars ?
I know it was more than 3 years ago (the fact he visited all the NHL arenas except AA Center is weird isn't it)
He gave this franchise his health and some memorable moments, but I must be one of the last to miss when Dallas had character, speed and some grit (remembering the pitbull line) :fight:

Reactions: mc3488

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I haven't been able to watch very much over the last couple of weeks, but I'm going to go ahead and say that unless secondary picking scores up, that having these guys carry this much load is unsustainable. I was thinking about it, and even if you expected a goal per game from that line, that would all make them ~27 goal scorers for the season. That isn't insane, but I think it's a lot to ask. Over the course of 8 games, the line is averaging 2.6 goals a game, a 71 goal pace for each of them. Hot streaks happen and there's nothing wrong with that, but the secondary scoring is pretty pathetic, so it needs to pick up a lot for the team to look viable over the season. None of this even factors in that Oettinger has a ridiculous GAA on top of it. I can't remember who said this was a one line team, but yeah, I think that's about right.
This win streak has been very nice to watch but it's hard not to be concerned about the lack of secondary scoring. We need Benn, Radulov and/or Seguin to become part of a consistent secondary scoring threat before the top line cools off. Maybe this game will be the spark Radulov needed and Rads-Benn-Petey becomes a solid second line. Maybe they fizzle. Hopefully the top line can keep it up a little longer so that they have more time to figure out a second line.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
No word on the return of Roussel for the first time since he left the Stars ?
I know it was more than 3 years ago (the fact he visited all the NHL arenas except AA Center is weird isn't it)
He gave this franchise his health and some memorable moments, but I must be one of the last to miss when Dallas had character, speed and some grit (remembering the pitbull line) :fight:

He had a nice tribute video . This is the fourth season he's playing in a different sweater. Yeah it was his first time back at AAC but its been a while since he was with the Stars

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
I'll never forget...

Don’t even have to click to know. Goated moment. I remember watching it live and laughing at Pierre. It was literally his job and he was putting in overtime that night. Legitimately top 10 moment of the decade.

EDIT: A DISGUSTING ACT BY ANTOINE ROUSSEL

Last edited:

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
I'm very confused as to how Roussel hasn't played at the AAC for 4 years. If he was on an east coast team I could understand, but it's not like we never play Vancouver. Guess he was either injured or healthy scratched every time he was meant to come back, so weird.

Also I enjoyed the video posted above, NHL culture is so thin skinned and whiny. For a league that's all about its projected image of masculinity, you think they could handle a taunt from time to time.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'm very confused as to how Roussel hasn't played at the AAC for 4 years. If he was on an east coast team I could understand, but it's not like we never play Vancouver. Guess he was either injured or healthy scratched every time he was meant to come back, so weird.

Also I enjoyed the video posted above, NHL culture is so thin skinned and whiny. For a league that's all about its projected image of masculinity, you think they could handle a taunt from time to time.

He missed alot of games due to injury while in Vancouver. He was allwas injured when the Canucks came to Dallas and well last season he played in the Canadian division.

All the injury problems in Vancouver didn't exactly come as a suprise. With his playstyle late 28's early 30's it was pretty clear he would start to miss games regularly as he gets older and thats exactly what happened.

Reactions: Captain Awesome

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad