GDT: Game 22 | Columbus @ Winnipeg | 8 PM EST

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don’t recall the exact offer but I think their main piece (rumored) was Caufield. I would have to think if jarmo got back a potential top 6 C In a package he would have took it

At that point it wasn't known if Suzuki was going to be a 1C or a 2C, and I suspect that difference was very important to Jarmo.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I don’t recall the exact offer but I think their main piece (rumored) was Caufield. I would have to think if jarmo got back a potential top 6 C In a package he would have took it
No, Montreal wanted to get Laine after his tragical season but Jarmo wanted Caufield.
For Dubois Montréal offered Kotkaniemi and Drouin.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Btw, Laine's first game after injury was against Rittich (Nashville) in the last season. Now against... Rittich (Winnipeg) this season. 😎

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
Porty floated sending ALL of the kids to the Monsters for the Spring playoff run. I wouldn't mind that at all...:D
That would be great, he's an NHL ready player already and in my opinion is better served in Columbus but hockey is better than no hockey, let alone playoff hockey. Really hope they do that.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
No, Montreal wanted to get Laine after his tragical season but Jarmo wanted Caufield.
For Dubois Montréal offered Kotkaniemi and Drouin.
That’s right, I do vaguely recall Kotkaniemi being involved. Which thankfully, we dodged

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Its funny the trickle affect that happens after that Dubois Laine deal though. They were basically forced to clean house and rebuild whether Jarmo wants to call it that or not. Does it suck bottoming out? Obviously but I think it saved us from being a bubble team year after year after year. Also gave the team the flexibility to sign Johnny so in another world we dont have Gaudreau and our prospect pool looks a lot different than guys like Johnson, Jiricek, Mateychuk etc.
If they can add a top center this draft it would just be the icing on the cake after how the only legit contender we ever had fell apart after 1 short run.

Reactions: CBJx614, VT and LJ7

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
That would be great, he's an NHL ready player already and in my opinion is better served in Columbus but hockey is better than no hockey, let alone playoff hockey. Really hope they do that.

I hope they do that so I can watch them demolish the AHL. For KJ's sake I'm not sure if he'd be better served with an extra couple months for weight training.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I hope they do that so I can watch them demolish the AHL. For KJ's sake I'm not sure if he'd be better served with an extra couple months for weight training.
I do as well , send all the kids down .. will certainly let them play minutes they deserve, plus will help the tank

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad