GDT: Game 22: Columbus at Calgary | 11/20 10PM EST

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Awesome, you will be there eh.... I've been to VBC but never a CBJ game there...
There's usually a couple of Columbus fans these days in Vancouver. Most of them could be family/friends with Ryan Johansen as I see them supporting his jersey(he's a local kid). Gillies also had family when he was with the team as well.

I noticed there were two Columbus fans behind the bench tonight. Slowly more Columbus fans in Canada?

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
There's usually a couple of Columbus fans these days in Vancouver. Most of them could be family/friends with Ryan Johansen as I see them supporting his jersey(he's a local kid). Gillies also had family when he was with the team as well.

I noticed there were two Columbus fans behind the bench tonight. Slowly more Columbus fans in Canada?

Not sure where they were sitting tonight but some of Boone Jenner's family was there yesterday and today. Probably Friday too.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

Did they disown him when he didn't get re-signed? :laugh:

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
My spelling sucks.... just ask Pete... :)

I've given up on that one, Robert, you wore me out.

Good win, had to come back strong after the Edmondton game - gathering points, staying close with the teams above them in the Metro standings, developing young players while awaiting the return/debut of significant pieces to the puzzle. Hope they can keep it going and put on a good show for punk on Friday!

Last edited:

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I said 9-0 CBJ but will settle for 2-1 in OT... lets not forget how important regulation wins are though, the lack thereof could bump teams out of the playoffs...

Regulation and overtime wins count the same. It's the shootout wins that don't help with tie breakers.

Good win. I said I'd be happy with a .500 roadtrip and we are still on track for that. fortunately, the Edmonton loss only counts as one loss.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
congrats on 1000 points Boller

Took awhile for that one to sink in. I think you meant PIM, no?

Also, there was commentary in the thread about the first period power play and that the shot should have been taken sooner. Perhaps so, but seeing the tape of the save Berra made on it, this morning, I have to give him full credit - it may have included quite a bit of luck, but it was one hell of an acrobatic and athletic save!

Mx6Hhn2.gif

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
This gave me a big LOL.

The Calgary folks gave the three stars to:

1. Russell
2. Foligno
3. Colborne

The NHL three stars of the night are:

Nikitin
Crosby
Koivu

Puck Daddy

1. Koivu
2. Nikitin
3. Fleury

Bit of a disconnect there.

Anyway, good win for the Jackets. Lets light up Luongo tomorrow.

Last edited:

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
I was getting droopy-eyed in the third so I moved to the edge of the bed and woke up my lady when the OT winner went in. I do not miss these west coast games at all.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Took awhile for that one to sink in. I think you meant PIM, no?

Also, there was commentary in the thread about the first period power play and that the shot should have been taken sooner. Perhaps so, but seeing the tape of the save Berra made on it, this morning, I have to give him full credit - it may have included quite a bit of luck, but it was one hell of an acrobatic and athletic save!

Mx6Hhn2.gif

I want more gifs like these now of this save.

http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2012/04/18/the-six-best-ryan-kesler-tumbleweed-gifs/

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Needed that bounce back last night. Keep putting the Edmonton debacle in the rearview mirror.

Erixon will probably have to wait longer to get his chance.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
A few things.

Screw your Richards(on). Your team plays like total crap the night before and you don't get in Erixon? I'm sure you have some great reason for it, but I'm starting to become done with you. Just a couple of weeks before you were threatening to bench people when you got healthy. All talk unless your evaluating a rookie with upside.

First half of the third period looked a lot like Edmonton.

Way to celebrate like you won the Cup, d-bags.

Honestly, this isn't a very good Calgary team. Better effort, glad for the win, but this isn't close to a playoff team performance.

You know, it's one thing to have an off night. It's another to score two goals total in two games against two of the worst defensive teams in the league. Our 5 on 5 is just bad. Sure we'll get a 5 on 5 goal on a great play, like RJ to Foligno. But how many hard working, sloppy, 5 on 5 goals do we score? Does it really matter if we keep the puck in the offensive zone if it never generates a chance?

Lastly, what a great job by AA to create his own space on the final goal. What an amazing pass by RJ and even better finish by Foligno.

Someone said Foligno for Captain, I think mostly in jest. Not sure it's a bad idea. This team better figure things out before Horton comes in. Last thing we need is him regretting his decision from game one.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
A few things.

Screw your Richards(on). Your team plays like total crap the night before and you don't get in Erixon? I'm sure you have some great reason for it, but I'm starting to become done with you. Just a couple of weeks before you were threatening to bench people when you got healthy. All talk unless your evaluating a rookie with upside.

I was ticked he hadn't given Erixon a shot, especially after Edmonton. But Savard and Nikitin just played great last night, so I don't know if you can fault him. (I'd sit JJ for a game, but you know I'm the only one).

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Someone said Foligno for Captain, I think mostly in jest. Not sure it's a bad idea. This team better figure things out before Horton comes in. Last thing we need is him regretting his decision from game one.

I missed it where someone said this, but I agree that it might not be a bad idea.

I shut up earlier this season when folks were giving Nick a tough time for having no finish and making clever passes to no one after a nifty dangle. But he's been my favorite of the new Jackets since the trade, and while he might not be serious or intense enough for some people to be captain, he brings a joy and an energy that any team needs (that goes beyond the goofiness of a Chimera, who I also lauded for his personality/role while he was here).

I was ticked he hadn't given Erixon a shot, especially after Edmonton. But Savard and Nikitin just played great last night, so I don't know if you can fault him. (I'd sit JJ for a game, but you know I'm the only one).

The hell. I would too. He's trying too hard or something. (I know some folks will just say "Real JJ" and that's possible, but I believe he can up his play to match that of last year - something he's not doing right now.)

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i did say the Foligno for Captain in jest...but he is the type of guy it would suit...probably better than Dubi...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad