GDT: Game 21: Vegas Golden Knights @ Los Angeles Kings | 1:00PM | Please?

Knightmare

VGK fan since the 70’s
Jun 15, 2018
Las Vegas
I see major changes coming from Turk after today. Maybe Engelland for Hague? Roy for Nosek? Eakin to 1c?

I thought we played some real, real good hockey. 59 minutes we played real good. Get the f*** outta here.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Well, for awhile the VGKs had me thinking maybe, just maybe, but...nah. :(

Some good news, though. For me anyway. :laugh:

I shall miss the thing tomorrow, as I will be at Aviation Nation, wallowing in the sights and sounds of by God American freedom. :biglaugh:

Anyway...FWIW.

Go! :vegas Go!
Look buddy, you can't just take nights off, this is a team game where everyone has to turn up every night... ok the players don't but we do :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Enjoy

Reactions: Nevada Jones

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Yay another loss, just what the doctor ordered.

They're finding new ways

to lose.

Never surged back with 3 goals in the 2nd just to lose a tie game with 5mins to go before.:yo:

Gallant also made sure to not get any obvious calls in the 3rd after yelling out 'GET OUT OF THE ****ING WAY YOU IDIOT" to the linesman :laugh:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
This is more or less the same squad as last year. That's not a good excuse. The team's game prep is just clearly off.

Look at the way a **** team like LA passes compared to us. It's not a lack of talent, they're just not drilling the fundamentals.

Pacioretty had 40 points though and Stone only had a 50 point pace last season with the team.

I'm not saying they are this bad but I don't know even if it works that we would have a strength compared to other great teams. Even the things we do well if we did them well, we aren't top five. This team is not built like a Cup contender, it seems, regardless if they got back on their game. We are flawed as a group.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
So far I've heard from McNabb and Elliot saying they're playing well and have been great at creating chances. If this is coming from Gallant and this is really our standard for good hockey, this team is f***ed.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Pacioretty had 40 points though and Stone only had a 50 point pace last season with the team.

I'm not saying they are this bad but I don't know even if it works that we would have a strength compared to other great teams. Even the things we do well if we did them well, we aren't top five. This team is not built like a Cup contender, it seems, regardless if they got back on their game. We are flawed as a group.
Patches is playing well this season and on a 70pts pace which could go up now that he plays on our best line.

Stastny, Eakin, & Stone are the ones who have been real meh the past 6 games.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

I'm sure Blues fans had the same gripes about Schenn, O'Rielly and Tarasenko last year. VGK will build around their RWs primarily to have nice depth, but they'll probably never be top 5 on paper unless they make a crazy offer on a young elite player.

You never know.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Team is tied for it's record with a 5 game losing streak, Last one was March. I'd just like to point out, we had zero 5 game losing streaks when Leipsic was on the team :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
"I thought we played a really great game...what can you do?" - Gallant

Dude. Turk. There are consistent and significant issues with this team. How is this okay?
I mean if you compare to some of the recent games, I guess Great could maybe possibly be used, but that bar is so low I stubbed my toe on it.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Patches is playing well this season and on a 70pts pace which could go up now that he plays on our best line.

Stastny, Eakin, & Stone are the ones who have been real meh the past 6 games.

I agree, even Marchessault has started to show more life but I don't think a lot of championship teams are built from the wings. We have one performing center. That strength down the middle, the spine of the team, falls off a cliff after Karlsson (who is more than holding up his end.)

And I don't know if there are good options to improve apart from trading one of our wingers for a center.

That's totally ignoring the defensive personnel issues.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I was going to say the team is still angry they traded Haula on his wedding day

but they're probably still sore over Leipsic.
Funnily enough, two of the worst trade IMO the team made, weren't big name players, I do seriously thing Leipsic is type of player who would work well for us (despite is inability to score, though has been more productive than pretty much everyone on the 3rd line combined this season) and Hunt, the team looked better last season when he played, he wasn't flashy, but cheap and effective, unfortunately Turks love affair with Merrill and Holden got in the way.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
"I thought we played a really great game...what can you do?" - Gallant

Dude. Turk. There are consistent and significant issues with this team. How is this okay?

This may sound minor but they were offside WAY too many times today. You could probably count on one hand the amount of times VGK were offside in a week in year 1.
Occasional offsides are par for the course but when the team goes offside on the PP or on a rush after a big play in their own end, that's just selfish individuals not working as a team.

Reactions: HanSolo

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I'm sure Blues fans had the same gripes about Schenn, O'Rielly and Tarasenko last year. VGK will build around their RWs primarily to have nice depth, but they'll probably never be top 5 on paper unless they make a crazy offer on a young elite player.

You never know.

It just doesn't seem like we are built for success. Simply very disheartening considering we have made all these moves to win now.

The Blues got great goaltending and have a much better defense than we do on top of a similar forward group. And they still barely scraped over the line to win each series (that game 5 call against the Bruins was pretty brutal.)

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
This game did look better and the commentators keep emphasizing that, but we were also playing the Kings. And we still couldn’t get even a single point.

Then they have to play Calgary tomorrow and are almost assured of a tired effort in the second and third.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I mean if you compare to some of the recent games, I guess Great could maybe possibly be used, but that bar is so low I stubbed my toe on it.
There's a difference between a team skating with more effort and playing better hockey. There was more hustle in Vegas' legs tonight but no execution, no focus, the middle two lines have almost no chemistry (Glass and Tuch found each other a couple times) with each other, the defensemen still make stupid pinches, Merrill continues his regression to his nightmare level of play, shots still go wide every other shot.

There's plenty wrong with this team and all we ever get from the coach is

giphy.gif

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This game did look better and the commentators keep emphasizing that, but we were also playing the Kings. And we still couldn’t get even a single point.
Elliot was getting on my goddamn nerves but I almost turned my TV off when he said Eakin had a great game. Actually getting two shots on net playing with Mark Stone and Jonathan. Marchessault being indicative of great hockey is a bar so low it could flatten an ant. He still had a ton of moments of just giving up on a play when faced with any defensive pressure.

Mark Stone needs to be better but Eakin continues to be a net negative. Any other interpretation is propaganda for the sake of artificially keeping fans in high spirits.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Elliot was getting on my goddamn nerves but I almost turned my TV off when he said Eakin had a great game. Actually getting two shots on net playing with Mark Stone and Jonathan. Marchessault being indicative of great hockey is a bar so low it could flatten an ant. He still had a ton of moments of just giving up on a play when faced with any defensive pressure.

Mark Stone needs to be better but Eakin continues to be a net negative. Any other interpretation is propaganda for the sake of artificially keeping fans in high spirits.
Worst part is I bet those two shots on goal was all Turk needed to think like Elliot and believe Eakin had a great performance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad