Pre-Game Talk: Game #21: Vancouver Canucks vs. San Jose Sharks - Thursday Nov. 14th 7PM - SNET-VAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
We need to win this game. Hopefully Booth is pissed enough he can score 5 goals.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
@News1130Sports7m
#Canucks have recalled David Booth from Utica. Darren Archibald has been re-assigned to the Comets.

Lets see how long he stays healthy..

Edit: too slow!

StringerBell

I'm really looking forward to this game. I expect some really good, playoff intensity hockey. That's what happens when 20% of your games are against the same team.

Goon42

Apr 12, 2013
I want these lines.

Sedin kesler booth
Richardson santorelli henrik
futurama-fry-billy-west.jpg

bsjezz

Nov 28, 2011
well at least we have a proper third line now

sedin-sedin-kesler
higgins-santorelli-burrows
booth-richardson-kassian
dalpe-welsh-sestito

looks good. way better with booth in the line-up. i like archibald and would sooner see him play on that fourth line than dalpe, but dalpe has started to use his time to greater effect so i'm not bitter that he'll get more time to prove himself. tortorella's newfound trust of some of those guys will come in handy, too - overplaying the top lines is good for scoring but i don't like it as a long-term strategy.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
well at least we have a proper third line now

sedin-sedin-kesler
higgins-santorelli-burrows
booth-richardson-kassian
dalpe-welsh-sestito

looks good. way better with booth in the line-up. i like archibald and would sooner see him play on that fourth line than dalpe, but dalpe has started to use his time to greater effect so i'm not bitter that he'll get more time to prove himself. tortorella's newfound trust of some of those guys will come in handy, too - overplaying the top lines is good for scoring but i don't like it as a long-term strategy.

I dunno. I kinda enjoy our team without Booth. I think our team does better without him. :laugh:

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
On the back end I'd go

Hamhuis-Bieka
Edler-Tanev
Stanton-Garrison

For forwards I'd like to see

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler
Higgins-Santorelli-Burrows
Booth-Richardson-Kassian
Archibald-Welsh-Sestito

Wish it was Archibald in the lineup not Dalpe.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
I don't want to see Sedin-Sedin-Kesler.

It seems to me like they've been burned out after playing like 25 minutes a night together. They had a good run, but I don't think it's a long term solution to stack the first line and play it half the game. Maybe if we're desperate and down a goal occasionally or during the playoffs, but not on a regular basis.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I don't want to see Sedin-Sedin-Kesler.

It seems to me like they've been burned out after playing like 25 minutes a night together. They had a good run, but I don't think it's a long term solution to stack the first line and play it half the game. Maybe if we're desperate and down a goal occasionally or during the playoffs, but not on a regular basis.

Yeah, anyone expecting Beastmodo to remain a permanent fixture is out to lunch.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
I don't even want to imagine this place if we lose 3 in a row.

well it would be mid november and the team would either be completely out of a playoff spot or out based on points percentage. Negative goal differential, awful power play.

They have looked good at times, but about the only thing they have going for them is a great PK, solid 5 on 5 scoring, and they aren't bad at faceoffs. Bottom half of the league in goals for, goals against, 27th PP.

Only thing they are top 10 in PK%.

of course the biggest problem is 2 wins in 6 tries vs san jose, anaheim, phoenix, and LA.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
well it would be mid november and the team would either be completely out of a playoff spot or out based on points percentage. Negative goal differential, awful power play.

They have looked good at times, but about the only thing they have going for them is a great PK, solid 5 on 5 scoring, and they aren't bad at faceoffs. Bottom half of the league in goals for, goals against, 27th PP.

Only thing they are top 10 in PK%.

of course the biggest problem is 2 wins in 6 tries vs san jose, anaheim, phoenix, and LA.

Only thing they have going for them is 5 on 5 scoring, great PK and good faceoffs...? That sounds pretty good to me.

The real problems are the goaltending and the PP. Goaltending should right itself over time, hopefully. The PP as well, but by how much is the question. Even a mediocre PP would seem pretty great right about now.

As long as this team maintains strong 5 on 5 scoring, they're OK. If that goes, then they're in trouble. So far so good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad