Pre-Game Talk: Game #21: Vancouver Canucks vs. San Jose Sharks - Thursday Nov. 14th 7PM - SNET-VAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
large.png
vs.
large.png

WHEN: Thursday, November 14th, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, British Columbia
TV: Sportsnet Vancouver Hockey (NOT PACIFIC)
RADIO: TEAM 1040AM

Vancouver Canucks

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Ryan Kesler
Chris Higgins - Mike Santorelli - Alexandre Burrows
David Booth? - Brad Richardson - Zack Kassian
Tom Sestito - Jeremy Welsh - Zac Dalpe

Alex Edler - Jason Garrison
Dan Hamhuis - Chris Tanev
Ryan Stanton - Kevin Bieksa

Roberto Luongo

San Jose Sharks

Tomas Hertl – Joe Thornton – Tommy Wingels
Patrick Marleau – Logan Couture – Tyler Kennedy
Matthew Nieto – Joe Pavelski – Martin Havlat
John McCarthy – Andrew Desjardins – Mike Brown

Marc-Edouard Vlasic – Justin Braun
Brad Stuart – Dan Boyle
Scott Hannan – Jason Demers

Antti Niemi

Last edited:

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
I think it's time to start sheltering Edler/Garrison with the twins, or to put Garrison on the left side. That pairing is joke right now. I have to wonder if Garrison is playing through an injury, or whether he's just suffering the traditional pains of any guy paired with Edler when a coach decides to try out the "Edler can play tough minutes" strategy.

Pro tip: he can't!

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
I think it's time to start sheltering Edler/Garrison with the twins, or to put Garrison on the left side. That pairing is joke right now. I have to wonder if Garrison is playing through an injury, or whether he's just suffering the traditional pains of any guy paired with Edler when a coach decides to try out the "Edler can play tough minutes" strategy.

Shifting Edler to the right side is part of the pro tip aswell?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

Maybe we should go back to
Hamhuis - Garrison
Edler - Tanev
Stanton - Bieksa

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Agreed.

Also, the Sharks again? FFS how long until we play some Eastern teams again? :help:

This is the last time we play the Sharks this season. For some reason they decided to put all 4 of our games against them in the first two months. :laugh:

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
Ending a divisional rival season series in early November is... interesting.

arsmaster*

Am I the only one notices the big pad on Garrison's hand?

I think he's hurt.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Burns still out? I think the Canucks take this one again, they seemed to figure out the right strategy to beat the Sharks last game with a heavy forecheck and San Jose isn't demolishing competition lately, while the Canucks looked very good on the road trip outside LA.

arsmaster*

Burns still out? I think the Canucks take this one again, they seemed to figure out the right strategy to beat the Sharks last game with a heavy forecheck and San Jose isn't demolishing competition lately, while the Canucks looked very good on the road trip outside LA.

Honestly, I might be in the minority, but I thought they looked very good against the Kings.

They made 5 mistakes, and all of them ended up in the net. I think there are lots of positives to be taken from the Kings game, hopefully we learn to take guys heading to the net.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Honestly, I might be in the minority, but I thought they looked very good against the Kings.

They made 5 mistakes, and all of them ended up in the net. I think there are lots of positives to be taken from the Kings game, hopefully we learn to take guys heading to the net.

Well they looked good until about the 3rd goal, then it went into the crapper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad