Pre-Game Talk: Game #21: Vancouver Canucks vs. San Jose Sharks - Thursday Nov. 14th 7PM - SNET-VAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Happy Birthday Jason Garrison
Screen%20Shot%202012-09-27%20at%2012.08.34%20PM.png

Enjoy the day. Tomorrow - Try Hard.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
Only thing they have going for them is 5 on 5 scoring, great PK and good faceoffs...? That sounds pretty good to me.

The real problems are the goaltending and the PP. Goaltending should right itself over time, hopefully. The PP as well, but by how much is the question. Even a mediocre PP would seem pretty great right about now.

As long as this team maintains strong 5 on 5 scoring, they're OK. If that goes, then they're in trouble. So far so good though.
it's not that much when you consider they are still not top 10 in either face offs or 5 on 5 scoring.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
it's not that much when you consider they are still not top 10 in either face offs or 5 on 5 scoring.

The stats are still gonna be skewed a bit as there has been a lot of growing pains with Torts' system to begin with. If we could see a split of the first 10 and the 2nd ten games that should show where the Canucks are better than just the blanket 20 game mark.

The 5 on 5 play is solid, the PK is damn good, if the PP can get to mid league than the Canucks will be looking a lot better IMO.

There isn't anything too exciting about the Canucks this year, but there isn't anything to get overly upset about either (PP is close though).

bure 96

Sep 6, 2013
A bad PP + good 5 on 5 is a blessing in disguise. PP opportunities go way down towards the end on the season and in the playoffs. Winning games 5 on 5 will help the team when in matters.

Tanevian*

Good to see the class of the NHL 2 weeks ago is coming in with 4 wins in their last 10. Kids, that should be enough for some of you learn not to panic or base anything on 10-15 games.

But we all know it won't. Keep taking ritalin.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
HB70AQD.png
VS
uqeDFnT.png

Should be a good one.

Did you make these?

A bad PP + good 5 on 5 is a blessing in disguise. PP opportunities go way down towards the end on the season and in the playoffs. Winning games 5 on 5 will help the team when in matters.

Agreed, though the PP should start scoring soon with the way they've been getting shots on net. I think it should be Kesler and Garrison at the points.

Good to see the class of the NHL 2 weeks ago is coming in with 4 wins in their last 10. Kids, that should be enough for some of you learn not to panic or base anything on 10-15 games.

But we all know it won't. Keep taking ritalin.

Lolllll.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
one thing I"m surprised at is Edler. he seams to have a different role under Torts.

is he even part of the pp?? he'e your best offensive dman imo...

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
one thing I"m surprised at is Edler. he seams to have a different role under Torts.

it's ok, everyone knows that number one most important thing in a PP is "safety" and that's exactly what hamhuis brings

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary

I would bet he will be tomorrow night and going forward. The coaching staff thought they could throw their own wrinkle into the PP and it backfired on them. Hamhuis just doesn't have the skillset to QB a PP.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
I think one of the problems on the power play is we pass too much.

I think they should have a set up like this.

I got bored so here is my little diagram of my powerplay.

xYF7x9G.gif

Also I mixed up the letters yes I know its "Luongo".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad